Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-22-2015, 04:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

FS: Walker 48" 26hp EFI

Bought this mid-season last year to try it out and decided it just isn't for me. It can't keep up on the big open lawns with the Standers so I'm going to look into a zero turn rider with a vac system.

The machine has roughly 2,000 hours on it, I was told by the previous owner that the deck gear boxes had recently been replaced and the blower motor recently rebuilt. Since owning it I have put a new starter on it and a new deck driveshaft. it has the 26hp EFI Kohler motor and it runs good. I changed the oil when I first got it, changed it again at 50 hours and it did use a little bit but was only about 1/8 quart low. The hydros have been serviced, are very strong and it tracks perfectly straight. I don't know a whole lot about these things but to my knowledge they only thing on it that doesn't work is the alarm that is supposed to go off when the hopper is full. Other than that it runs good, and cuts amazing. I am located in Buffalo, NY and would like to get $4,000 or best offer for it.

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Old 05-23-2015, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

How many hours do people get out of these engines
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-06-2015, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

About 2000 - 2500 if that
Old 06-06-2015, 10:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboy View Post
How many hours do people get out of these engines
Posted via Mobile Device
I have 2590 hours on a 2004 Kohler 26 HP EFI.Original motor,hydros,blower,starter.

Fuel pump was change at 2340. Blade engagement belt was changed twice,all other belts changed once at just under 2500 hours. Various pulleys and idler pulleys changed once at various times. Deck bushings change once although I shoud have changed them soon than I did.

I have a friend with a carbed 48" walker with 4000 hours on his and its still going.Original everything on it. He changed hydro fluid every winter regardless of hours.

Forgot to mention,new deck just came in which I am replacing,probably this week. Thr boxed in vents underneath are gone.One welder wanted $500 to fix and another wanter $600 ish,so it was much more cost effective to buy a new one.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Lower price, $3,500 I need to get rid of it as I don't have a ton of space to work with! Everything works as it should on the mower with the exception of the alarm that tells when the bin is full. I have been mowing my own lawn with it since I took it out of service on my main rig and it runs flawlessly every time.

My Pictures:
Old 06-08-2015, 10:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Any idea on the weight of it? Not sure if my lawns would support it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-09-2015, 08:17 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLS24 View Post
Lower price, $3,500 I need to get rid of it as I don't have a ton of space to work with! Everything works as it should on the mower with the exception of the alarm that tells when the bin is full. I have been mowing my own lawn with it since I took it out of service on my main rig and it runs flawlessly every time.
Potentially interested. Can you send me some more pics. Email rowwright at yahoo.com.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-09-2015, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowwright View Post
Potentially interested. Can you send me some more pics. Email rowwright at yahoo.com.
Posted via Mobile Device
I will email them to you as well as post them there. Also, not sure if I mentioned this or not but I put a new seat on it recently as the other one was coming apart.

My Pictures:
Old 06-21-2015, 11:18 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

FINAL price drop to $3300 otherwise I am keeping it to mow my own lawn. I would entertain trades/partial trades for an enclosed trailer, dump inert, nice Honda or Toro 21" commercial mowers, Scag vac system, etc.

My Pictures: