Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-21-2011, 05:18 PM
LawnSite Member

leaf clean up

Hi there i have someone whos looking to have some leaf clean up done in there back yard. it is a 70x100. what would you charge to clean the leaves up?
Old 01-21-2011, 05:47 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawthornelawncare View Post
Hi there i have someone whos looking to have some leaf clean up done in there back yard. it is a 70x100. what would you charge to clean the leaves up?
Honestly I would need to see the property and see how thick the leaves are and what I thought it would take in time for my equipment to get the job done.

A couple of other factors - do you have to take the leaves with you or can you leave them in bags for the city? Trip to the landfill and the cost could be a big difference in price.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 01-21-2011, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Geist Yard Works View Post
Honestly I would need to see the property and see how thick the leaves are and what I thought it would take in time for my equipment to get the job done.

A couple of other factors - do you have to take the leaves with you or can you leave them in bags for the city? Trip to the landfill and the cost could be a big difference in price.
what i know its just basic leaves and should be able to bag and leave them if not i would just put them out with my trash.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I would be charging more after 3" of rain in a week.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-21-2011, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I would say 200. If they balk give them "its hard work, no magic machine, just my arms and a rake". I have a walker but it doesn't do well with soaked leaves. Dry leaves makes me a ton of money.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-22-2011, 09:58 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
I would be charging more after 3" of rain in a week.
Posted via Mobile Device
I agree with both of Patriots statements - wet leaves should cost more - more weight for you to lift, more if you were to dispose at the landfill if you were to do it.

I would say inform the homeowner - 2 to 3 hours on the property, 1 hour getting to and preparing and leaving their property. Half hour each way to and from dump. Ballpark 4 hours = $240 dollars and then add on $60 Dump fee. If the owner balks at that price - you can mention that you can just bag and leave the leaves at the property but did not want to do so for appearence reasons and that will save them $60 and you still have a little wiggle room in price if needed for you to walk away with a nice profit.

Do you have a good blower to push the leaves out of the SA?

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!