Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-21-2011, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

New Hollands has redesigned skid coming out?

Was at the NH dealer today picking up a high price alternator for a utility tractor. Salemen told me he would give me a heck of a deal trading in our new S650 bobcat for the new and improvement NH skid which he said is all new, redesigned and will be the best skid out there. He didn't have any pictures but he said March 1 he hopes to have a few in. This old news I guess but any pictures out there?
Old 01-21-2011, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I saw a picture of it in the new Turf magazine. It looks pretty sweet. I cant wait to see the spec on it

2007 F-250 4x4 V10
8' Western Pro Plus Plow
2010 Haul-It tandem 6.5x14 aluminum trailer
2012 7X16 Enclosed Trailer
7X10 Dump Trailer
18 HP Billy Goat Leaf Loader
2012 SCAG Cheetah 61" 32 HP Vanguard
Accelerator grass catcher with leaf entender
Kawasaki 24" KHT600 hedge trimmers
Stihl FS 90R Trimmer with edger
Two Stihl FS 100 RX Trimmers
Stihl BG 55 blower
Two Stihl BR 600 Magnum backpack blowers
Stihl MS 180C Chainsaw
8 HP Giant Vac blower

21 Years Old
Old 01-21-2011, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here is the link.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U7mqXyHKHc

2007 F-250 4x4 V10
8' Western Pro Plus Plow
2010 Haul-It tandem 6.5x14 aluminum trailer
2012 7X16 Enclosed Trailer
7X10 Dump Trailer
18 HP Billy Goat Leaf Loader
2012 SCAG Cheetah 61" 32 HP Vanguard
Accelerator grass catcher with leaf entender
Kawasaki 24" KHT600 hedge trimmers
Stihl FS 90R Trimmer with edger
Two Stihl FS 100 RX Trimmers
Stihl BG 55 blower
Two Stihl BR 600 Magnum backpack blowers
Stihl MS 180C Chainsaw
8 HP Giant Vac blower

21 Years Old
Old 01-21-2011, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Not in a million years would I trade an S650 for any NH.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:03 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Tell your NH salesman that you also plan on getting a quote from your local Case dealer too, since Case will be selling the exact same machines now, including the "Super Boom". That ought to get a rise out of him :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-22-2011, 09:39 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I did some looking this morning and I did see case is makiing that machine. So is it a case machine rebagded? And does case own ford/NH? What I read did not exactly say anything outright who owned what.

As far as my new S650 - i really like the machine. Although my first machine was a case and everything thereafter has been BC but I tell ya I live in NH country. You see a few case, BC and cat, but really no deere but everything here is pretty much NH.

Kinda like there compact tractors - I have two but everything is NH. I know one crew in the area that runs kubota cuz they dislike the NH people. I have seen one new BC tractor so far though.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:48 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

talked to guy this morning who has a large inventory of cat equipment - he said his rep has been hinting that cat may leave the compact equipment business altogether and focus on there primary cat sales/service/etc.

Any thoughts on that one?
Old 01-22-2011, 10:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meets1 View Post
I did some looking this morning and I did see case is makiing that machine. So is it a case machine rebagded? And does case own ford/NH? What I read did not exactly say anything outright who owned what.

As far as my new S650 - i really like the machine. Although my first machine was a case and everything thereafter has been BC but I tell ya I live in NH country. You see a few case, BC and cat, but really no deere but everything here is pretty much NH.

Kinda like there compact tractors - I have two but everything is NH. I know one crew in the area that runs kubota cuz they dislike the NH people. I have seen one new BC tractor so far though.
Case and NH merged in 1999 to form CNH, the majority is owned by FIAT, which i believe is a Italian company. Some of their AG equipment is re badged too. Ford was out of it years ago. NH dealers are dropping around here. I predict much more rebadging in the future. I think the skid steers being the same is going to be a bad thing, since they both had different appeal. Can't blame them in this economy and with the strong new players that were not around a short few years ago.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:33 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meets1 View Post
talked to guy this morning who has a large inventory of cat equipment - he said his rep has been hinting that cat may leave the compact equipment business altogether and focus on there primary cat sales/service/etc.

Any thoughts on that one?
I wouldn't put too much stock into that rumor. I was told by someone that they're already running prototype Tier IV machines.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-22-2011, 12:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well I think there is something to it. Remember the discussion we had a couple years ago when said that they were not making money in the compact market. Now they are in a partnership involving their mini ex. The compact market which for years was moving 60K machines a year is now moving around 20K. That isn't many machines for 8-10 oems to share. I would not be surprised to see CAT change how they do business. Perhaps not exit this market but I can see them changing how they approach it like they are doing with their mini ex which is to market someone elses machine or have their machine built by someone else.

On the CASE/NH merging of machines. Like what was already mentioned, not a big surprise. But these two machines target two very different types of contractors. Marketing one machine to both types I think can be done, however I am not convinced yet that these machines did that. I leave for AZ in two weeks to go run them. However looking at the specs I don't see it. It appears to me to be a NH signature machine. The breakout is impressive, not much impressive beyond that at least from looking at the limited information I have seen so far. But have never seen any value in a NH skid steer in my operation either so I am certainly biased.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.