Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-21-2011, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Member

At the right time right place

I got to hear some good info about a company that I was going to apply for and it looks like the word I have been hearing is true. The company does a little over half a million dollars a work a year doing landscape installs (hardscaping).

Anyhow it was good info for myself and I was really glad I heard it, I won't be pursuing to put my name in with the company. They are looking for a truck driver I won't be applying for it.

I also heard more info how cut throat the landscaping industry has gotten, really helps to listen in on other peoples conversations aka some employees of the company

The info one of my landscaper friends has told me is true, he does some work in the same area as these other companies he says it is a blood bath. There are battles over these development jobs doing the landscaping on the new houses built in the high end subdivisions, big money doing these jobs probably looking at 50-60 grand in profit.

From what these employees were saying is made me feel my job isn't that bad, the wages these companies are paying is chitty, top wage is 18 dollars per hour you can't live on that as a single person.

The right time right place sure came in handy for me today

Time to look into doing part time work and being my own boss and work in the area I live in.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Seriously, you started a thread for that?
Old 01-21-2011, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Seriously man, shut the **** up.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Member

I was planning on quiting the job to go work for this company, after the info I heard today I won't be quitting my current job. A fairly easy job just driving dump truck.

The other thing is how the pure greed for money is causing so much troubles.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtMerchant View Post
Seriously man, shut the **** up.
It is never greener on the other side of the fence I think I will be keeping my desk job and making 23 dollars per hour.

I'am looking for different options to get the stress level in my life down, work up this morning with a tense neck and jaw from stress. Not sure what happened the other day but my one side of my body went numb, have a feeling stress is doing that.

I have a lot of responsibility,I'am dealing with tax payers money, also dealing with peoples lives. There can be no mistakes made what so ever.

Also the job controls your life your told when you can have your days off, you can't take a sick day or your put under investigation. They can decide when you can take your vacation. You have no life the company controls it the way they want it and they let you know it too.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Member

All I can say is really do your homework on a company before you put any resumes in.

I think it is probably better to be self-employeed be your own boss, control your own destiny not be somebody elses slave.

Trust me guys I'am learning a lot of things, life is too short, having too much stress from a job isn't good either.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:01 AM
LawnSite Member

If I ran this web site I'd be embarrassed by the content you put forward for consumption, pointless inane drivel with no benefit to the site or the community,
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-22-2011, 08:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

i really dont know why i clicked on this thread
thought for a sec he really did something , nope just another thread about how I HEARD something bad so im staying at my job , next week it'll be i hate my job and hes looking again.....
Old 01-22-2011, 11:00 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

You have a government desk job and that is stressful and you have free housing? Try being in the first year of a startup business and trying to provide money like I did when I drove a truck, $120,000 my last year. BTW are you sure the sore neck and jaw aren't from the old man knocking you around for always being in the house?
Old 01-22-2011, 11:08 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giles_uk View Post
If I ran this web site I'd be embarrassed by the content you put forward for consumption, pointless inane drivel with no benefit to the site or the community,
Posted via Mobile Device
there should be a category for "other".

Can you post some more pics from across the pond?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing