Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-16-2011, 01:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Mikey

What No Guts!! Jump down there and wrestle that dude, I would.
The gators usually dont have any guts either (when on land) I love walking right up to a big one when people are down from north and they ALWAYS scurry into the water really quickly. With all the gators in fl and all the landlocked people swimming in ponds lakes and canals......there are VERY FEW incidents of alligator attacks and even less fatalities. Far more shark attacks in fl than gator. We are the shark attack capital of the world.....more attacks here then australia, california etc... but shark attacks are also very scarce.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl-landscapes View Post
The gators usually dont have any guts either (when on land) I love walking right up to a big one when people are down from north and they ALWAYS scurry into the water really quickly. With all the gators in fl and all the landlocked people swimming in ponds lakes and canals......there are VERY FEW incidents of alligator attacks and even less fatalities. Far more shark attacks in fl than gator. We are the shark attack capital of the world.....more attacks here then australia, california etc... but shark attacks are also very scarce.
Fl Land

Where were you about two years ago when a North Port Grass Cutter and a Sanibel landscape pruner where both attacked and kill with in a month of each other.

Mikey

Here you go, Real men have Balls.

OK so that Gator is eating size and not the biggest I ever caught. But I am still listed on the FWC site as a legal trapper in Florida. I just don't pay to keep up the gator Trapping part of the License any more.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Great, now we got the Billy image to go with Carl.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-16-2011, 04:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Great, now we got the Billy image to go with Carl.
Posted via Mobile Device
Patriot

The Mullet Hair cut and Gothic black wardrobe along with the dysfunctional Family seems to be missing from the Picture of me Wrestling this Gator.

However the Proper PPE is present unlike your hero Billy. Note the Hold Back Pole that allows one man to control the gator. The Gator after being hooks was kept tied to the bank instead being chased around the pond. The gator will fight the hook and line with a death roll which zaps his energy. Then I simple pull a tired Gator on to shore and tape his mouth and legs. Nothing dangerous unless you approach the job for Television like Billy does.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 02-16-2011, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

No stoned brother either?
Mikey could probably rock the mullet.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Patriot Services; 02-16-2011 at 04:52 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Fl Land

Where were you about two years ago when a North Port Grass Cutter and a Sanibel landscape pruner where both attacked and kill with in a month of each other.

Mikey

OK so that Gator is eating size and not the biggest I ever caught. But I am still listed on the FWC site as a legal trapper in Florida. I just don't pay to keep up the gator Trapping part of the License any more.
Yes I remember that poor guy in north port. He was washing of the grass from a hard day of yard boy work and he was also like 6'4" and about 230 lbs to bad the gator was about 900 lbs STILL there are on average seven attacks a year in fl and very few fatal ones. Less than 20 fatal attacks since 1948. The lady on sanibel I think was a four footer and she died of an infection about a month later. That is a cool picture though!!
Old 02-16-2011, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Fl Land

Mikey

Ric,

Getting close to Gators is way out of my pay scale. Not going to happen. How come you do not carry the license to trap them anymore? I thought gator was good money?? That is a what a local trapper told me...but it has been a year or two ago. Back then I thought he said he got a 9 foot gator that he got somewhere around $3500 between the skin and the meat. Seems profitable enough if you got the proper equipment and you are there.

If that is you in the photo - you look much different that I the image I had in my mind. For some reason in my mind I have you looking like Uncle Jessie from Dukes of Hazard.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 02-16-2011, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
No stoned brother either?
Mikey could probably rock the mullet.
Posted via Mobile Device
Never was a fan of the mullet...and my head has been shaved for close to 10 years....I do not see one in my future.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 02-16-2011, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl-landscapes View Post
Yes I remember that poor guy in north port. He was washing of the grass from a hard day of yard boy work and he was also like 6'4" and about 230 lbs to bad the gator was about 900 lbs STILL there are on average seven attacks a year in fl and very few fatal ones. Less than 20 fatal attacks since 1948. The lady on sanibel I think was a four footer and she died of an infection about a month later. That is a cool picture though!!
Ummmm - I live right next to Lake Jessup --- Gator Capitol of FL .....I will not be one of those people washing myself up next to a body of water. Shark attacks - I think new smyrna is shark attack capitol of FL and that is one of my favorite beach areas...but you know what..... I am much less likely to enter the water there because of that....risk is something I take very seriously.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Geist Yard Works View Post
Ric,

Getting close to Gators is way out of my pay scale. Not going to happen. How come you do not carry the license to trap them anymore? I thought gator was good money?? That is a what a local trapper told me...but it has been a year or two ago. Back then I thought he said he got a 9 foot gator that he got somewhere around $3500 between the skin and the meat. Seems profitable enough if you got the proper equipment and you are there.

If that is you in the photo - you look much different that I the image I had in my mind. For some reason in my mind I have you looking like Uncle Jessie from Dukes of Hazard.
Mikey

At age 70 I am still twice the man you are, but my gator wrestling days are over. BTW that picture was taken about 10 years ago and has been posted on LS many times. I think those who know me will verify that is me in the photo. Sun is reflecting on my salt & Pepper hair and makes me look grayer than I am even today.