Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-24-2011, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hang bags on municipal trash container post pick up vs. on the front door?

This was mentioned in a prior thread putting flyers on those 96 gallon automated pick up containers many areas have. I like the idea from a time savings stand point but I don't like the instant reflex of the irked person to immediately throw away the material with the trash can is so close.

It would seem to me that material would have to be in a bag and have something of value such as a pen or fridge magnet with Co. name & number on it to survive the trip into the house.

Has this actually been tried by anyone and if yes what have been your results vs. front door delivery?
Old 03-02-2011, 02:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Bump it to the top
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-02-2011, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Willretire@40,

Do you think this is a good idea? Ever thought of it? Huge amount of time can be saved...those adeas sticky hangers would work the best.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-03-2011, 01:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used post-it note advertising on the trash cans. I only did about 300 advertising 1 time next day service. It did work, but like I said I only did 300 of them. The post-it notes were blue with black ink. If you get an electric scooter you can get them done quick but you have to get out there early because surprisingly people take there cans in quick.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by willretire@40 View Post
I have used post-it note advertising on the trash cans. I only did about 300 advertising 1 time next day service. It did work, but like I said I only did 300 of them. The post-it notes were blue with black ink. If you get an electric scooter you can get them done quick but you have to get out there early because surprisingly people take there cans in quick.
I have the DPX Systems Drill bike and about 20+ batteries it's faster to accelerate off the bottom end [very snappy] than a gas powered scooter very fast and frankly fun to ride. 2.5 - 3 times faster than walking. Disc brakes are very good. When you skip houses exponentially faster. Great conversation piece and ice breaker. May look like a circus bike but it blows people away - very few negative reactions.

I have a Honda GX31 powered version but centrifugal clutch engagement pokey factor make it unsuitable unless I'm doing estate properties with longer rides between stops.

What size post-its where you using? Pre-printed?
Attached Images