search sponsored by:
Advanced Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-26-2011, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member
How Good Are Fimco ATV Boom Sprayers?

The Fimco 25 gallon deluxe sprayer with 10' boom and 15' hose is under $500. I figure I could mount it on the frame of my Exmark TT 60". The manual says it has a 26' vertical reach, so it probably can handle most of our trees, including all of our fruit trees. It is under $500.

Is it an ok unit or just something that won't hold up?
Old 01-26-2011, 01:53 PM
LawnSite Member
I have been using one on the back of my Cub Cadet Tank for six years now. It works great! I did switch the nozzles for Teejet AI to reduce drift and added about 80-100lbs to the front of the mower for hills.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:05 AM
LawnSite Member
I have about 5 accounts that are aprox 5 acres each. thinking about custom designing a boom that mounts in front of a ATV or a zero turn mower. If I put the boom in front and mount the tank in back I think it would allow for great vision ...any thoughts or Pictures of a similar set-up
Old 08-04-2015, 01:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member
We had a Fimco 3 pt sprayer with a Flo-Jet pump and 10' boom. It also had a hotshot wand.
The drawbacks to the set up we had were:
1) you burn through chemical exteeeeemely fast
2) the pump that was on ours would not run the boom and pump at the same time and make adequate patterns
3) the bolt holes that bolt the tank to the frame are inadequate and strip out. We had to fix the underside of the tank and revamp the mounts twice. The third time it came off I lost a whole tank of chemical and it annihilated the tank beyond repair. Even keeping the tank under a lean-to shelter while not in use (~20 days per month) the tank was still so brittle that it just shattered when it came off the last time.

I don't know if it was because it was mounted so high since it was a 3 of for a compact tractor, but that was my experience.

I don't have that tractor or spray rig anymore, but I'm the land management foreman on a ranchette now and the owners have a Fimco atv/utv sprayer that they really like.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-05-2015, 03:31 PM
LawnSite Member
I've had one for about 5 years that I use on my Polaris 4 Wheeler. I've mostly sprayed roundup with it, and it works pretty well. It does stay inside out of the weather and UV rays except when in use which is random rather than regular. UV will do a number on plastic tanks over time.

The pump circulates, mixes, and sprays. Adjustable valves regulate the amount of circulation and spray pressure. Screens require normal cleaning and maintenance, as well as plastic fittings and minor leaks. Nothing is ever completely trouble free or maintenance free, but this has worked well for me.

I mount it on the back to use the boomless sprayer and it will cover 20+ feet, but not the advertised 30. It depends on the circulation valve settings and pressure. More often I just sit it on the front with a bungee cord, and use the wand for specific weeds and more precise coverage.

Works for me but YMMV.