Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71  
Old 02-21-2011, 07:42 PM
JayD's Avatar
JayD JayD is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indianapolis, In
Posts: 2,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitts lawn care View Post
Do you know a good size sign for a 5*10.
The one I have on this tread in the pix was on my 5x10 before I got that trailer and it fit OK. You will have to go back and read my post on here, I gave the size but don't remember it now. It really depends on how your gate is made and how you want to put it on, but as long as you are handy and creative, it should not matter to much.
I would not make it to cover the whole gate though, the drag from the wind will kill your gas mileage.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 02-21-2011, 08:07 PM
Lurch01's Avatar
Lurch01 Lurch01 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 137
Evertything, Everything,

If I can have a large sign up I will. A tail will give me 3x 5 that is good visibilty. I do not put those magnetic signs on the door. It is not professional looking.

Both of my trucks and my trailer are wrapped or have signs. I can not state this enough, The signs must be large enough to read at a distance. Not one car away.
__________________
Serving North East Harris County. Houston Texas

We Only Cut Grass . com

Lurch
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 02-21-2011, 08:11 PM
Chevy z71's Avatar
Chevy z71 Chevy z71 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Knoxville,TN
Posts: 11,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
The one I have on this tread in the pix was on my 5x10 before I got that trailer and it fit OK. You will have to go back and read my post on here, I gave the size but don't remember it now. It really depends on how your gate is made and how you want to put it on, but as long as you are handy and creative, it should not matter to much.
I would not make it to cover the whole gate though, the drag from the wind will kill your gas mileage.
I was thinking 2*3 or 3*2.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 02-21-2011, 08:13 PM
JayD's Avatar
JayD JayD is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indianapolis, In
Posts: 2,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch01 View Post
If I can have a large sign up I will. A tail will give me 3x 5 that is good visibilty. I do not put those magnetic signs on the door. It is not professional looking.

Both of my trucks and my trailer are wrapped or have signs. I can not state this enough, The signs must be large enough to read at a distance. Not one car away.
Yes, I agree.....
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 02-21-2011, 08:17 PM
JayD's Avatar
JayD JayD is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indianapolis, In
Posts: 2,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitts lawn care View Post
I was thinking 2*3 or 3*2.
I guess I should have added that your logo and what ever inf you want on it would make a difference too. You don't want to put to much on it, that will just make it to hard to read. Short and to the point so to speak.

Logo
phone #
web site if you have one
and not much more then that. IMO of course...
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 02-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Wayne's Lawn Service's Avatar
Wayne's Lawn Service Wayne's Lawn Service is offline
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 171
Fully Insured?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowingMowingMowing View Post
Does it make it harder to see at all? I'm just envisioning when I look in the mirror while in traffic I can clearly see between the gate now, does having the full sign make it significantly harder to see?

Also, what all did you include on the sign? I was thinking Name of company, phone number, slogan, FULLY INSURED, maybe website, maybe Residential & Commerical... I don't want it to get too cluttered though.

Would you mind posting a pic of how yours is set up?
How much is fully insured?????????

Check with your attorney before posting something like that on anything you own. It's like putting a target on your back that says sue me!

How much is enough? About 20 plus years ago we were going to put that on an ad and our attorney asked me why were putting that on the ad. I said I want people to know we have insurance. He said how much is enough? I said, I don't know you are the attorney you tell me? He said, imagine one of your trucks going through a red light and hitting a car with five pregnant women in it and they all die. Now you have ten dead people. Now do you have enough?

His point was well taken that there is always an instance that questions what's enough. Put insured on things if anything at all. If you look professional, it will be assumed that you are insured and if they hire you, you can get them a certificate.

Just my .02 worth.
__________________
Wayne
Wayne's Lawn Service
Profits Unlimited
"Where PROFIT IS NOT A DIRTY WORD"
How to bid mowing and landscaping jobs
Manuals & CDs Available to help you make your Business more PROFITABLE & PROFESSIONAL
800-845-0499
Louisville, KY
Since 1979
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 02-22-2011, 08:02 AM
Chevy z71's Avatar
Chevy z71 Chevy z71 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Knoxville,TN
Posts: 11,277
I got one drew up just need to go to the sign place when i get time cause there only open during the week.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 02-22-2011, 08:03 AM
JayD's Avatar
JayD JayD is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indianapolis, In
Posts: 2,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitts lawn care View Post
I got one drew up just need to go to the sign place when i get time cause there only open during the week.
You will have to post your proofs so we can see..
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 03-13-2011, 01:10 PM
Lefet's Avatar
Lefet Lefet is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jackson, NJ
Posts: 1,885
We finally got the sign for the back of the trailer finished, thanks for all the help and suggestions!!
Attached Images
 
__________________
Lefet Enterprises LLC
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 03-13-2011, 01:55 PM
JayD's Avatar
JayD JayD is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indianapolis, In
Posts: 2,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefet View Post
We finally got the sign for the back of the trailer finished, thanks for all the help and suggestions!!
Looks nice!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:22 PM.

Page generated in 0.10763 seconds with 8 queries