Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-30-2011, 12:40 PM
Landscape Poet's Avatar
Landscape Poet Landscape Poet is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oviedo/Orlando
Posts: 3,482
Ric, I thinking your memory must be going in your old age, were would you get thatI am applying anything illegally? I have my limited and my fertilizer license. That is what I do, and since last year when I partnered up with my CPO I do even less fert because unless the customer just wants one or two ferts a year it doesn't make finacial sense for me to even do that.
In regards to cutting wally world or any of them out by putting restrictions I really do not think that would be that big of a issue. Other products such as firearms, big pharma, cool labeling etc in food. So why would this impair them in any other way?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-30-2011, 01:35 PM
Ric's Avatar
Ric Ric is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: S W Florida
Posts: 11,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Geist Yard Works View Post
Ric, I thinking your memory must be going in your old age, were would you get thatI am applying anything illegally? I have my limited and my fertilizer license. That is what I do, and since last year when I partnered up with my CPO I do even less fert because unless the customer just wants one or two ferts a year it doesn't make finacial sense for me to even do that.
In regards to cutting wally world or any of them out by putting restrictions I really do not think that would be that big of a issue. Other products such as firearms, big pharma, cool labeling etc in food. So why would this impair them in any other way?
Posted via Mobile Device
Michael

I had to look at your profile to check if you weren't a High School kid after reading the above. First You know and I know from the questions you ask about weed control in St Augustine who is applying illegally. Hello you said it, I am old and maybe that is why I caught you.

Second My saying Wally World was meaning all retail outlets that sell chemicals. Maybe Wally World wouldn't care but all the chemical manufacture who supply retail out lets would. Whether you know it or not these large fertilizer companies are hurting and the Retail sales account for a nice proposition of their bottom line. This is an other case of the God Almighty Dollar being more important than the environment. I hope this clears this matter up. As much as we want to see more regulation to help us. Be Careful with what you wish for, You may get it.
__________________
.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-30-2011, 03:22 PM
Landscape Poet's Avatar
Landscape Poet Landscape Poet is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oviedo/Orlando
Posts: 3,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Michael
. First You know and I know from the questions you ask about weed control in St Augustine who is applying illegally. Hello you said it, I am old and maybe that is why I caught you.
.
Ric, I know with your ego it would be hard for you to grasp the fact that you are wrong, but maybe there is hope.
Did it ever occur to you that if I do ask question, it maybe because I just want to know? Did it ever occur to you that the reason I only ever ask questions about SA is because I have a SA lawn? I know hard to believe such things isn't it ric?
I know it is pretty hard for you to get your mind around the fact that someone, especially a "yard boy" as like to refer to those not in your profession,might just want to improve their knowledge.

Ric, does it ever occur to you that people may just ask questions because they want to know? Did it ever occur to you that NOT everyone on this forum is applying illegaly, even though it seems like you are more frequently accusing them of it?

,
Now back the part about the chemical companies needing the money, I am sure that is accurate, but did the firearms and drug companies not have need the money? )Yet you still must wait during waiting periods, in certain states you must obtain a certification like a void card to obtain a firearm or ammo.

Like I said it seems like it would be a simple solution.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-30-2011, 03:42 PM
Ric's Avatar
Ric Ric is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: S W Florida
Posts: 11,144
Michael

Maybe you as well as others should get this fact Straight. I AM A YARD BOY ALSO and never said I wasn't. I am a Professional Yard Boy with Credentials, Degrees and Certifications but People outside the industry still look at me the same as just an other no count Yard Boy. Now those who are true businessmen really don't care that they are called Yard Boys. They still take the money to the bank. Now for the sake of argument, You don't apply illegally everyday.
__________________
.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-30-2011, 04:05 PM
Landscape Poet's Avatar
Landscape Poet Landscape Poet is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oviedo/Orlando
Posts: 3,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Michael

Maybe you as well as others should get this fact Straight. I AM A YARD BOY ALSO and never said I wasn't. I am a Professional Yard Boy with Credentials, Degrees and Certifications but People outside the industry still look at me the same as just an other no count Yard Boy. Now those who are true businessmen really don't care that they are called Yard Boys. They still take the money to the bank. Now for the sake of argument, You don't apply illegally everyday.
Ric, I would agree with you in terms of the Yard Boy comment. I could care less, in fact I often let that perception work for me. It comes in handy when negotiating on something. My issue with the term is the way that you use it, or at least my perception of the way you use it, as it often seems to me that you use in when you are trying talk down to someone, maybe that is just my perception though. Either way - I agree with you, I could care less what people call me, although the term Gardner does strike my nerve for some reason.

In terms of applying illegally everyday - again - think what you will Ric - but I have not applied anything to anyones lawn illegally since I learned that it was illegal to do so. The closest I have come to doing so is applying for a couple of little old ladies the product they have purchased from a store ........and that is from the kindness of my heart and not for a profit and not a part of my business model. And I do assist my neighbor to my left a couple times a year, again not for a profit but rather because he is my neighbor, is a nice guy, and his lawns issues suddenly become my issues if not addressed.
Becoming a CPO is a option that I am currently weighing however and even then I do not think it will be a stand alone business for me but rather integrated to my current business.
But Ric, I tell you what - you can keep saying I do if it makes you feel better and you can call me yard boy all day because at the end of the day I know the truth and I bet you are starting to understand it too!
__________________
"the art of survival is a story that never ends"

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:15 AM.

Page generated in 0.10160 seconds with 7 queries