Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-12-2011, 02:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorofperryville View Post
hey just thought of something. Alot of states have something like the castle law, me thinks it may vary from place to place but some things hold true. first piont make shure the rifle or pistol you use is legal clip size registered ect. also make shure you dont shoot the thief in the back (call out something to get them to face you and shoot them in the head) Also when the cops arrive use words like how terrorised and afraid you felt and lastly tell them how strangley the thief was acting. He was speaking to himself, You herd people arguing in the garage to discover onley one person and ur wife nd kids are in the house. you being an upstanding and forgiving citizen gave the thief an opportunity to leave and he threatened you and said something about havin a firearm before he started to approach you in a menacing way. AND NEVER EVER TELL A COP YOU KNOW YOUR RIGHTS INSTEAD INFORM THEM YOU KNOW YOUR CIVIL LIBERTY'S. Be as calm and professional as you can and by all means cooperate if they start too try and strong arm you be polite and firm and lastly always call ur lawyer. Nuff said hope this never has to happen to anyone.for the citizens, by the citizens
here you can't shoot unless you are backed into a corner with no way to retreat, and if you ever said the guy was talking to himself and acting weird you would be strung up for shooting someone mentally ill. I can picture the way the news would paint you as a cruel person who killed a mentally handicapped person. As soon as I called 911, I would be calling my attorney before the cops ever arived.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:55 AM
LawnSite Member

yup thats mass for ya!!! when i go to maine for hunting i wont even bring my guns through that state. and it might make the mass news but around here the news would be " Today a Mass man was arrested for protecting his family against an armed mentally ill intruder."
yup that suxs you have to live in a post Ducockass mass it was really a nice place till he took over. He was voted in though i mean people voted in a guy whos name whos name means grab ur ankles!!!
you right, I lived there had some run ins with the Bedford police and they are more concerned with taking care of the perps than taking care of the victims.(probly cause they know how libreal the court system and sue crazy everyone is)
Old 02-13-2011, 10:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

For me

The black one is K9 training and the sable will bite if commanded
[/url] http://www.psdkennels.com/

People walk on the other side of the street. I normally have one or the other
Attached Images

Training them early
Old 02-23-2011, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Nice dogs

Great looking dogs. I am proud you have taken the time to have them trained.

We Only Cut Grass . com

Lurch
Old 03-09-2011, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

lock stuff up in the garage at night...always be in a position where you can see your truck and trailer...as much as possible.....when you stop to eat lunch at a fast food place sit where you can look out the window and see your truck and trailer...if you can't then take the food outside and sit in your truck and eat...if someone takes something and tries to run off chase them down and beat the holy crap out of them until they will never do anything like that again....if they try to run off with a trimmer tackle them from behind then crank it up and trim their head off with it lol...then shove the blower up their ass and go full throttle rofl...and if they are super bad criminals then bury them up to their neck and run over them with your mower
Old 03-13-2011, 01:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Dude, your state sucks! I had the good fortune to paint a scum bags chest with the laser sight on my glock a few short weeks ago inside my shop area. I called the cops while he stood there sweating. Landscapers talk.....so do theives. Cannot imagine having any more issues here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenIndustryAssociates View Post
here you can't shoot unless you are backed into a corner with no way to retreat, and if you ever said the guy was talking to himself and acting weird you would be strung up for shooting someone mentally ill. I can picture the way the news would paint you as a cruel person who killed a mentally handicapped person. As soon as I called 911, I would be calling my attorney before the cops ever arived.
94 F250 with Curtis plow
97 Chevy 3500 Lpack mason dump
2004 Ringo 7x16 open trailer - lots of racks
2004 EZ Dumper 7x18 open trailer for equipment
Echo PAS 265- all the toys
Stihl string trimmers
Tanaka hedge trimmers
Stihl stick edgers
Dolmar chain saws
Old 03-13-2011, 01:45 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSB group View Post
Dude, your state sucks! I had the good fortune to paint a scum bags chest with the laser sight on my glock a few short weeks ago inside my shop area. I called the cops while he stood there sweating. Landscapers talk.....so do theives. Cannot imagine having any more issues here!
ahh lasers, that's another thing here. No lasers that project onto the target. You can have a red dot sight that puts a dot on your sight for only you to see but can not project onto the target/person. Police can't have them either, state police swat cant even have them on their mp5s, only feds can have them legally. Most officers still do have them though, or they have an internal lazer like I do on my glock that is mounted in the pistols recoil spring. When you apply the slightest pressure to the trigger the laser comes on and projects onto the target, but when you take your finger off it shuts off.

How about glocks, only police officers can purchase glocks manufactured after 10/1998 because of the trigger pull. Officers need a letter from their chief stating that they are authorizing the officer to purchase it for "official duty" before a store can sell it to them. This means that we civilians can only purchase pre 98 glocks. When you find a good condition one you can find at the dealer it's going to sell for $150-$200 MORE than a new model goes for because of supply and demand. luckily some of the bigger dealers do buy outs from police departments. My G22 came from a buy out when Detroit PD upgraded a bunch of their issued firearms, my dealer was able to get his hands on probably 20 of these from Detroit. And you can't buy out of state firearms either even if they are MA compliant. You need a licensed dealer to purchase from the person for you and then they can sell it to you with their markup. And how about long guns, I have an AR15. Can I put a collapsible stock on it - Ye can I put a vertical front grip that mounts below the hand guards - Yes. Can I have both on it? NO, I can only make one alteration to a long gun. Most dealers will only sell AR15 were the butt stick is molded into the lower receiver so that it can not be made into a collapsible stock. Had to special order mine, the only reason the dealer did it for me is because he knows I'm a vet

Hell even Springfield Armory that is made here in the state isn't legal because they aren't made to MA specs.

I just feel bad for the few states that are actually worse than us here. I don't agree with how easy it is in some states to carry, I definitely think there should a middle ground that allows law abiding sane people to carry.

i think my rant is done
Old 03-26-2011, 02:28 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon50EX View Post
The black one is K9 training and the sable will bite if commanded
[/url] http://www.psdkennels.com/
People walk on the other side of the street. I normally have one or the other
Love that pic!..
BUT!

PL-e-ase put down some cushion/carpet down for your personal beloved K-9's!
Those are hard surfaces for them to deal with all day.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLR View Post
Love that pic!..
BUT!

PL-e-ase put down some cushion/carpet down for your personal beloved K-9's!
Those are hard surfaces for them to deal with all day.
Hell I leave the back glass open and the AC on so they can come in and out. If they like or when they hear something. It is very funny to watch a person walk by the then they get out and stand on the back. Every now and then my female will lay under a tree or shrub.

Training them early
Old 03-30-2011, 03:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon50EX View Post
Hell I leave the back glass open..
hmm..let me go take another peek,guess my eyes are getting dim in my old age,me thinks it's closed,i better make an appointment with lenscrafters asap.

Just bugging you,glad they are on your priority list!

Tags
detering crime , steal , stolen