Register free!

Old 02-01-2011, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Talking Looking for sales help, Central Florida!

Hey looking for people to help grow our business, up and coming spray company will pay for referrals. Just refer, they agree to yearly lawn contract after we survey and sell them, you get $20.00. No limits, this can add up, commercial properties or large residential we can work out commission. You survey and sell of our pricing, get a commission on yearly value. If interested go to www.YourLandscapePro.com and go to free landscape survey and input, or call 877- 373- 6016 ask for Walter
Old 02-01-2011, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What areas do you consider to be Central Florida?
Old 02-01-2011, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

No offense but if you want to grow your business I would hire a salesman and pay him a commision of maybe 10% and he would collect that every year the customer stayed. $20 is what 2%. I think you will get some yard boys looking for beer money to send you a bunch of pitas with this sales model. JMO and I hope whatever you do it works out. Remember a good salesman doesnt cost you anything and in fact can be worth their weight in gold. Can be tough finding the right one.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:40 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Bright

I got to agree with Fl land $ 20 is nothing In fact Lunch today a Simple Hamburg and Fries with a friend and my lunch bill was higher than $ 20. My Bar tab tonight was more than $ 20.

If you were to check prices of Business For Sale in "Fla Pest Pro" Magazine it might put you on a more realistic pay scale. This is not Corn Pone Iowa and Pest Control accounts going Rate is 100 to 150% of a years GROSS. I sold out after Hurricane Charlie and Got that kind of money with a one year non compete clause.

So back to a fair sales Commission. I am very happy to pay the First and 7th Month's service fee. That means a 17% of one years gross if they get 12 treatments. I said in an other thread my minimum price was $ 75 so the commission is $ 150 a year IF the customer stays. If they sell 6 treats per year instead of 12 they still get the full 1st Service fee but not the 7th month. Once again a 17% commission

Under Chapter 482 you must either provide transportation for a Employee/salesman or Reimburse them for using their own transportation. Some people will pad this so they don't pay taxes on the whole commission. This law was inacted to help stop Rent A License.

Of course once you have 4 or more employees even part time you must have worker comp which is an other 4.41% of payroll for a pesticide company. 6 years ago it was 12.3% so some costs are coming down. But the problem with Worker Comp is they want you to pay it a year in advance.

One thing that should becoming very obvious is the Bigger the show the more head aches. Having Been there and done that I am very happy as a one man band and thank heavens I am in a position where I really don't care if I pick up more work. Sometimes small is very profitable.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Yea, $20.00 is just a thank you, beer money, for a referral as I stated,,If they want to do the entire process a commission is in order on the yearly revenue. I was thinking of around 18%. That's what Heron offered me to sell for them. Which I did not, opened my own business., I'm not looking for tons of hired part or full time help,,just one or two good landscapers, or someone with experience selling L & O,
Sorry,, Central Florida to me is Volusia, Seminole, Orange, Brevard, Lake, and Flagler counties. No west coast. For now,,
www.YourLandscapePro.com
Old 02-02-2011, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrightday View Post
Yea, $20.00 is just a thank you, beer money, for a referral as I stated,,If they want to do the entire process a commission is in order on the yearly revenue. I was thinking of around 18%. That's what Heron offered me to sell for them. Which I did not, opened my own business., I'm not looking for tons of hired part or full time help,,just one or two good landscapers, or someone with experience selling L & O,
Sorry,, Central Florida to me is Volusia, Seminole, Orange, Brevard, Lake, and Flagler counties. No west coast. For now,,
www.YourLandscapePro.com
I will keep you in mind since you do Seminole and Orange. I currently use Heron for my pest company. I do one of the owners properties so I doubt that I will be letting them go anytime soon, well that and they do quality work on my accounts.

I will keep you in mind though abrightday

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 02-03-2011, 07:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Heron is only as good as the man they have coming out, sooner or later they get played out due to production and sales goals,, if you just gotta do $1,000.00 a day, somethings gonna suffer,,, where as my sons and I are always the same ones on your properties,, we inspect, take or time to do it right, the buck stops with us,, thanks for your reply.
www.YourLandscapePro.com
Old 02-03-2011, 03:04 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Heron is only as good as the man they have coming out, sooner or later they get played out due to production and sales goals.
www.YourLandscapePro.com
That is the wonderful thing I like about having them service the properties. I can call them as many times as I want to fix situations that may arise as everything is included in the price, so no extra calls or $ are needed by the homeowner.
They are a hard sell though because of the price, the one thing that does help sell them is the sod replacement guarantee. Hard to beat that when you just lost your lawn, I resod it for you for a pretty penny, and they offer to do the chemicals and replace the lawn if any insect damage is incurred and you know the price is for everything. To many companies like TG sell them on a low package..then hit them up twice a month for some kind of upgrade because it is needed of course they never do anything to fix insect damage, but people love them because they are such a great value!

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 02-03-2011, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Yea , you pay for that replacement,, why have it happen at all?
Old 02-03-2011, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Yea , you pay for that replacement,, why have it happen at all?
So far there has not had to been any replacement on any of my lawns that they service. But it is a nice to know that it is taken care of if the need is ever there.