Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-03-2011, 01:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
Wow, I would hate to live there then..... I wouldn't want blizzards and piles of snow every winter either, but at least some semblance that it is winter. It is too hot and humid in Florida for too many months to not have a few months of nice weather....
Posted via Mobile Device
Nice winter weather for me is when the temperatures drop in the the 60s or 70 at night. That is how it is right now. I start the day at 70. Bad is when it is 80 and 80% RH and it is only 7 in the morning.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 02-03-2011, 02:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
Nice winter weather for me is when the temperatures drop in the the 60s or 70 at night. That is how it is right now. I start the day at 70. Bad is when it is 80 and 80% RH and it is only 7 in the morning.
we get that in the summer, it's brutal!
Old 02-03-2011, 02:07 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl-landscapes View Post
we get that in the summer, it's brutal!
Yep, I dread walking out of the house in that type of weather. The type were you are already sweating from just hitching up the trailer in the morning. 9 quarts of gatoraid later your day is almost done It is coming very soon I tell you.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 02-03-2011, 03:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I am not a fan of 99% Humidity Etc but I made a decision to move back to South Florida many years ago because I don't like cold weather. You can't have it both ways. Way back when I started and was working longer hours. I would split my day and lay out during the heat of the day. My customer saw me in the early morning then in the late after early evening as they took walks. Of course never knowing I went swimming in the middle of day to refresh. I pick up some good customer that way.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i am sure we will get another cold spell if not it wont hurt my feelings. i like the yard to be nice and green and dont mind working out in it. its real hard to beat the winters down here. thats when i get most of my projects done.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Maybe I'm a little crazy but I love the heat, I always say I'd rather be sweating. I absolutely hate the cold, don't like jackets much or bundling up. When its 40 out and that wind hits you and just goes right through your carhart, not my cup of tea. Its all kinda funny because I was born in Ohio and lived in the Midwest for half my life. I'll take sun over snow!
Old 02-03-2011, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Florida Lawns View Post
Maybe I'm a little crazy but I love the heat, I always say I'd rather be sweating. I absolutely hate the cold, don't like jackets much or bundling up. When its 40 out and that wind hits you and just goes right through your carhart, not my cup of tea. Its all kinda funny because I was born in Ohio and lived in the Midwest for half my life. I'll take sun over snow!
I am with you but from a profitability standpoint, I enjoy the cold. As far as perfect climate to live I am thinking Orange County CA not Orange County FL.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 02-04-2011, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

So who are the 56% that think it ain't spring yet?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-04-2011, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
So who are the 56% that think it ain't spring yet?
Posted via Mobile Device
Not sure because I did not make the results of the poll public, but I am guessing it might be our North Florida lawnsite members. I am sure some of them are a couple of weeks behind us in central similar to us being behind the boys in the south.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:44 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Geist Yard Works View Post
Not sure because I did not make the results of the poll public, but I am guessing it might be our North Florida lawnsite members. I am sure some of them are a couple of weeks behind us in central similar to us being behind the boys in the south.
Speaking of which, do you guys up in northern Florida have a harder time selling yearly maint?