Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-05-2011, 08:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Mikey

Nothing wrong with my eye sight I had a Eye exam in December and the Doctor told me come back in two years. I still don't need glasses. Must be my superior DNA. All the illegal applicators claim it is their yard when asking about Chemicals. So stop trying to hide the fact. We all know different and your being extra defensive just proves it.

Yes more than one Armadillo and So more than one night of Trapping. But you might be surprised how fast you get rid of them by trapping.

Discharging a Gun on or near a Residential area in the state of Florida can earn you 3 hots and a cote so go for it. Even when I trapped Gators I used a bang stick instead of a gun. Florida might have the most liberal Concealed Weapons permit in the world but it also NOW has the most strict Fire Arm Discharge laws.

BTW when you move to Louisana, be sure to stir up wasps nests with your algeric Brother and no bee suit, so you both get stung multiply times.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Member

Lightbulb

Hey Mikey, me thinks Ric looks at your posting pic and thinks of Caddy Shack,,The way Bill Murry goes about things,, and relates them to you.
www.YourLandscapePro.com
Old 02-05-2011, 10:44 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Being an animal lover I always have a humane trap set on porch roof and in a bed. Armadillos, possum, coon , squirrel, feral cat, something always seems to hang around my yard. A can of fancy feast and then a trip to the woods or the fixing clinic for the cats.

Ric- I assume your dig was at Billy the exterminator. I don't get it either, seems like schtick and just enough knowledge to be dangerous.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-05-2011, 10:47 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Mikey

Nothing wrong with my eye sight I had a Eye exam in December and the Doctor told me come back in two years. I still don't need glasses. Must be my superior DNA. All the illegal applicators claim it is their yard when asking about Chemicals. So stop trying to hide the fact. We all know different and your being extra defensive just proves it.

Yes more than one Armadillo and So more than one night of Trapping. But you might be surprised how fast you get rid of them by trapping.

Discharging a Gun on or near a Residential area in the state of Florida can earn you 3 hots and a cote so go for it. Even when I trapped Gators I used a bang stick instead of a gun. Florida might have the most liberal Concealed Weapons permit in the world but it also NOW has the most strict Fire Arm Discharge laws.

BTW when you move to Louisana, be sure to stir up wasps nests with your algeric Brother and no bee suit, so you both get stung multiply times.
Ric you win.....I would love to stay here and argue with you but I guess I better go make illegal applications since you insist that I do because I ask a question her or there. I give up...say what you will because it does not appear to do any good to tell you the truth.

I will give trapping them another shot. Thanks for you input.

In regard to moving to Louisiana - I will make sure to do that. I will also go into duck blinds with both cottonmouths and gators and do so with my brother who is stoned and ask the customers for assistance.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 02-05-2011, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrightday View Post
Hey Mikey, me thinks Ric looks at your posting pic and thinks of Caddy Shack,,The way Bill Murry goes about things,, and relates them to you.
www.YourLandscapePro.com
I put that picture up as my avitar because of Ric. I like to keep him irritated.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 02-05-2011, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I was under the impression that fire ants have faded away as I have not seen any in over 10 years. I remember having them in the yard as a kid but have not seen any at my parent's place since 1990. Is there a biological control out there curbing their numbers?
Old 02-05-2011, 12:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Tallrick

IMHO Miami and the Atlantic coast is so over populated that there is very little space for Fire Ants to survive with all the Chemicals Etc Take a drive south to homestead or west and I am sure you will find them. They are a real PITA in my area.

Patriot

Yes it was a dual dig on Carl Spackler and Billy the Exterminator and his stoned Brother. Billy has done more to set the Pest Control industry back to the dark ages than the Tree Hugger movement. As a Structural Pest Control Guy I also go to the real Pesticide Forums that don't deal with L&O. Billy is a heated topic of Discussion in those forums

BTW It is Illegal under Florida Law to relocate Nuisance Wildlife. The must be euthanized.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 02-05-2011, 01:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Tallrick

IMHO Miami and the Atlantic coast is so over populated that there is very little space for Fire Ants to survive with all the Chemicals Etc Take a drive south to homestead or west and I am sure you will find them. They are a real PITA in my area.

Patriot

Yes it was a dual dig on Carl Spackler and Billy the Exterminator and his stoned Brother. Billy has done more to set the Pest Control industry back to the dark ages than the Tree Hugger movement. As a Structural Pest Control Guy I also go to the real Pesticide Forums that don't deal with L&O. Billy is a heated topic of Discussion in those forums

BTW It is Illegal under Florida Law to relocate Nuisance Wildlife. They must be euthanized.
Yo

I want to expand on this law and the reason for it. Theory is that Animals that are Nuisance and live around people get into garbage etc and can pick up disease. By relocating them you are relocating a disease also. The other part of the theory is Animals that live around People become depend on Humans. By relocating them you are only sending your problems to others along with a possible disease. Therefore it is better to humanly Euthanize them. I find a Large Garbage bag placed over the Havahart trap shuts off light and acts a a calming effect. I then place a hose from my exhaust pipe to the covered Trap and start my engine. Several minutes later I empty the trap into a sealed garbage bag and place it in a Garbage can, for the landfill.

This works on snakes also and poisonous snakes must euthanized on the spot unless you have a special license. They can not be transported from the site alive. I keep a Bee Suit and Snake tongs in my truck all the time. There is good money in snake removal when you get it.

Old 02-05-2011, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm aware of the legalaties. These animals have been around here for years. They get relocated into the woods right behind our subdivision. I'm sure most find their way back. I started the trapping for the cat issue mostly but other things found their way in. No snakes yet but I do use the crystals.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-05-2011, 02:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
I'm aware of the legalaties. These animals have been around here for years. They get relocated into the woods right behind our subdivision. I'm sure most find their way back. I started the trapping for the cat issue mostly but other things found their way in. No snakes yet but I do use the crystals.
Posted via Mobile Device
Patriot

The law is the law and it doesn't matter where you relocate them. I Don't make the laws, I only try and live with in the laws. I suggest you do the same or don't trap.