Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-04-2011, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

please ask him what he was thinking when you see him next, id love to hear what he has to say
Old 02-04-2011, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, I would suggest you press charges. But, he and his buddies, know you are an easy target. They know where you work, they know your equipment, and they know how to get away with your gear. Next time, the pushing may be replaced with driving it on a trailer, and hauling it away.

So, be aware and take precautions that you may have not done before. If the thug gets jail time, or fines, revenge by him (or his buddies) may be high on his (their) list. This is regrettable, but probably the reality.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:27 PM
LawnSite Member

what did u have the key out? whenever i park my mower from now on ill take the key with me! I wouldve served him with some streeet justice. then pressed charges.
21" MTD Pro Push mower
Stihl BR550
Bolens 25cc trimmer (KM110R soon to come)
Old 02-04-2011, 05:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&K Lawns View Post
Well, JB1 since you are smarter than me,,I guess I should apologize for being so freakin stupid. Again, someone who shouldn't be on a forum to begin with. Oh, and remember, if you are ever in Mississippi, stay the hell away from my town.

well i wouldn't be on here asking, I would have been following the police back to the station to file charges.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_cut View Post
If it were me, I probably woulda sat there for a few min. watching him push the mower down the street. I can see it now... leaning with all his weight into the mower wondering why it's so hard to push when it's only 1,000 lbs.
YEAH ITS ONLY 1000 #S AND DAMN THIS THING IS HARD TO PUSH. ESPECIALLY WITHOUT OPENING THE RELEASE VALVES . UNBELIEVABLE HOW STUPID SOME PEOPLE ARE. IM ALSO CURIOUS IF THE KEY WAS IN IT OR NOT IF IT WAS STILL IN IT THAT MAKES IT EVEN WORSE ON HIS END.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
So, be aware and take precautions that you may have not done before. If the thug gets jail time, or fines, revenge by him (or his buddies) may be high on his (their) list. This is regrettable, but probably the reality.
no one is going to come looking for revenge...
Old 02-04-2011, 05:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&K Lawns View Post
I can't win for losing! I was working a fed housing property I have when I came around the corner of a house with edger in hand and this dude was trying to push my gravely down the street!!! I kid you not...I have never seen anything like it in my life. I yelled out at him and he took off. Called the Cops and they came and later caught up with him. It was almost comical watching him trying to push it. Question is should I press charges? I haven't filed any as of yet. What do ya'll think.
I haven't even read this thread yet. After I post, I'll go back and read...

HELL YES I'd be pressing charges and pressing them to the FULLEST EXTENT!!! Honestly, I can't believe that you're even considering NOT pressing charges. I do not understand that...

I think alot of people these days DON'T press charges- when they're able and SHOULD do so; and it's one reason our judicial system is ALL messed up!

You better believe I'd be pressing charges. I had a 7 month old $6000 4-wheeler that got stole from me one night back in 2003. It was gone a year and a half but i got it back. I had to keep paying my monthly note to keep from ruining my credit. Long story short, I never had the chance to press charges.
I strongly have absolutely NO remorse what so ever for a thief. I think once they're caught, there should be a public hanging. And yes, I'd miss work JUST to see that bastard(s) hang and it doesn't matter to me if I know them or not! (Yes, this is EXACTLY 110% how I feel about it.)

WE MUST MAKE AN EXAMPLE OUT OF THESE PEOPLE.

I live in Livingston Parish, Louisiana. I like it here and been here all my life, but there is no justice system at all. Here, Everybody gets off "Scott" free, so to speak...
'09 Hustler Super Z 60" 31 hp Kawasaki, Echo SRM-210 trimmer, Redmax HBZ 2601 blower, '98 Massey Ferguson 231 utility tractor, 5' Bush Hog 285 rotary cutter, 5.5' King Kutter box blade, 6.5' United disc harrow, United middle buster, Dearborn single row cultivator, single row HD row hippers, Bark Buster pto log splitter, log skidding "tongs", 6' Fred Cain landscape rake, LMC boom pole, drawbar, '09 Honda Foreman 500 4x4 FPE, '04 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS
Old 02-04-2011, 06:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
I haven't even read this thread yet. After I post, I'll go back and read...

HELL YES I'd be pressing charges and pressing them to the FULLEST EXTENT!!! Honestly, I can't believe that you're even considering NOT pressing charges. I do not understand that...

I think alot of people these days DON'T press charges- when they're able and SHOULD do so; and it's one reason our judicial system is ALL messed up!

You better believe I'd be pressing charges. I had a 7 month old $6000 4-wheeler that got stole from me one night back in 2003. It was gone a year and a half but i got it back. I had to keep paying my monthly note to keep from ruining my credit. Long story short, I never had the chance to press charges.
I strongly have absolutely NO remorse what so ever for a thief. I think once they're caught, there should be a public hanging. And yes, I'd miss work JUST to see that bastard(s) hang and it doesn't matter to me if I know them or not! (Yes, this is EXACTLY 110% how I feel about it.)

WE MUST MAKE AN EXAMPLE OUT OF THESE PEOPLE.

I live in Livingston Parish, Louisiana. I like it here and been here all my life, but there is no justice system at all. Here, Everybody gets off "Scott" free, so to speak...
Your homeowner's policy didn't cover the 4 wheeler? I had a 4 wheeler and trailer stolen about 5 years ago and Farm Bureau covered it. However, it was listed as part of the farm equipment on our place. Not just personal use.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

charge his ass!
Old 02-04-2011, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

You should press charges, but I realize it probably won't go anywhere legally. The laws are there but there's no real punishment anymore. I'm afraid I would have handled it much differently, and then I would be the one in jail. I hate a thief and probably would just taken the law in my own hands.