Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-04-2011, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyFarmLandscaping View Post
Your homeowner's policy didn't cover the 4 wheeler? I had a 4 wheeler and trailer stolen about 5 years ago and Farm Bureau covered it. However, it was listed as part of the farm equipment on our place. Not just personal use.
No, it didn't cover it. It was for personal use, not for farm use. Believe me, I had the red ***.
'09 Hustler Super Z 60" 31 hp Kawasaki, Echo SRM-210 trimmer, Redmax HBZ 2601 blower, '98 Massey Ferguson 231 utility tractor, 5' Bush Hog 285 rotary cutter, 5.5' King Kutter box blade, 6.5' United disc harrow, United middle buster, Dearborn single row cultivator, single row HD row hippers, Bark Buster pto log splitter, log skidding "tongs", 6' Fred Cain landscape rake, LMC boom pole, drawbar, '09 Honda Foreman 500 4x4 FPE, '04 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS
Old 02-04-2011, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Member

The way things are in the world. I would not turn my back on my equiment without locking it down!!!
Old 02-04-2011, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Member

grey dog you are right. it was ignorant of me to leave it unsecured. I just got comfortable and believe me it won't happen again. I will once again be diligent in taking care of securing my equipment.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Member

How hard is it topull the ignition on a lawn tractor??
Old 02-04-2011, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Seems like home owners insurance should have coverd it?
Old 02-04-2011, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greydog4u2 View Post
How hard is it topull the ignition on a lawn tractor??
Apparently, it would not have mattered. Ole boy was PUSHING it down the road.....
Old 02-04-2011, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Member

I agree! About twenty years ago ,My wife at the time witnessed one of our neibour`s houses being robbed, and did not want to say anything to the police, But I insisted, well we ended up in court and the punk thought it was a joke until he got his sentence!
Old 02-04-2011, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravelyftw View Post
what did u have the key out? whenever i park my mower from now on ill take the key with me! I wouldve served him with some streeet justice. then pressed charges.
I've never really gotten the key thing on these mowers, they're all generic, you can BUY one at Home Depot for a couple of bucks.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Many years ago, I bought a gun that was stolen, unbeknownst to me. I knew the kid I bought it from, said his grandpa gave it to him. I had no reason to believe otherwise.

Well, it was a small town, and this kid had stolen it from a guy who lived 2 miles away. Eventually, I heard someone talking about it, and called the Sheriff's office and told them I might have a stolen gun.

Long story short. I had to go to court to testify. The owner got his rifle back. I lost the money I paid for the gun, $100 if I remember correctly, which in the 70's, was quite a bit of money, and the kid got a slap on the wrist and joined the Army, so he didn't even have to pay a fine. I told the judge that I thought I should be reimbursed for the loss, but he never even mentioned it in his ruling, so I was the only one that really got screwed, and did absolutely nothing wrong. So much for the justice system when it comes to property theft.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOturkey View Post
...I told the judge that I thought I should be reimbursed for the loss, but he never even mentioned it in his ruling, so I was the only one that really got screwed, and did absolutely nothing wrong. So much for the justice system when it comes to property theft.
I COULDN'T AGREE MORE.
'09 Hustler Super Z 60" 31 hp Kawasaki, Echo SRM-210 trimmer, Redmax HBZ 2601 blower, '98 Massey Ferguson 231 utility tractor, 5' Bush Hog 285 rotary cutter, 5.5' King Kutter box blade, 6.5' United disc harrow, United middle buster, Dearborn single row cultivator, single row HD row hippers, Bark Buster pto log splitter, log skidding "tongs", 6' Fred Cain landscape rake, LMC boom pole, drawbar, '09 Honda Foreman 500 4x4 FPE, '04 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS