Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-05-2011, 02:08 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOturkey View Post
I was the only one that really got screwed, and did absolutely nothing wrong. So much for the justice system when it comes to property theft.
I had a bunch of edgers stolen off my trailer a little over a year ago, cops found a couple of them at a local pawn shop. I had to BUY them back to make the pawn shop "WHOLE AGAIN." ???????????
Old 02-05-2011, 02:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just out of curiosity what's the description of the thief? I'm assuming it's a male, what about race or culture? White, black, hispanic, etc?????
Old 02-05-2011, 02:50 AM
LawnSite Member

^ I think we all know
Old 02-05-2011, 02:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yea that's what i thought. These people will steal a water tank for a pack of smokes......

If that was me, o my lord would i have given this clown a beat down that he and all his thugs would remember for a long time.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:58 AM
LawnSite Member

should of shipped em all home a long time ago and im not racist I hate everybody
Old 02-05-2011, 03:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Haha, i would even pay for that to happen. I hate everybody too.....
Old 02-05-2011, 03:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The problem with 'thieves' is they will not stop stealing unless they are caught. If you don't press charges, he will hit someone else.

In Georgia, this would be a felony since it is over 500 dollars. If this was his first crime, which I doubt it was, he would be looking at something like 5 years probation, some type of fine 200-1000+, moral and ethics classes once a week (50dollars a week), and probably some type of group substance abuse class once a week for a few months (45dollars a week), and the monthly fee for probation + drug tests.

I would be interested to see what punishment he gets. What is the value of the Grav?
Old 02-05-2011, 04:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

You went wrong when you called the police. They aren't gonna do anything to him anyway. Nothing that he cares about anyway. If you or I went to jail, for a couple days, it would be a huge thing. To him 90 days is nothing. He don't care, or he wouldn't have tried to steal the mower. You may think that the guy will get some big sentence, but in reality at most he might get a couple weeks in the county lock up.

I have a friend that lives in the inner city. Pretty much a big shithole. We were going to the bar, and he forgot his wallet at his house. I was parked on the street and he ran to his back door. Next thing I know some dude is running across the street in front of my truck. I step out thinking something just happened when my buddy comes around the house chasing. The guy was inside the house stealing my buddies tools and threw a circular saw at him then bolted out the door. I knew where my buddy was chasing him only had one outlet so I cut down the main street to head them off. When I caught the dude, we pulled him into an alley and beat the guy to the point he was almost knocked out. We took his ID and told him the house better never get broke into again, by anyone, or he was to blame. A lot of people from the neighborhood witnessed this!!

Going on 3 years, and his house has never been broken into!! They used to steal the copper from his air conditioner at least 2 times a year, but that has stopped too!!

Theives, don't usually have anything to lose except their life. They know the cops won't take their lives for stealing. They don't think the same way about us!!
Old 02-05-2011, 06:02 AM
LawnSite Member

I can't stand a thief! I agree with the beet down. Maybe that parasite will think twice before he steals a mans tools.
36" Quick dual Hydro Samurai
21" TroyBilt push
Stihl FS80 trimmer
Stihl KM 90 R kombi W/
curved egder and straight trimmer
Stihl BG-55 blower
Old 02-05-2011, 06:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Oops I meant beat down. LOL!
36" Quick dual Hydro Samurai
21" TroyBilt push
Stihl FS80 trimmer