Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-05-2011, 07:23 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOturkey View Post
Many years ago, I bought a gun that was stolen, unbeknownst to me. I knew the kid I bought it from, said his grandpa gave it to him. I had no reason to believe otherwise.

Well, it was a small town, and this kid had stolen it from a guy who lived 2 miles away. Eventually, I heard someone talking about it, and called the Sheriff's office and told them I might have a stolen gun.

Long story short. I had to go to court to testify. The owner got his rifle back. I lost the money I paid for the gun, $100 if I remember correctly, which in the 70's, was quite a bit of money, and the kid got a slap on the wrist and joined the Army, so he didn't even have to pay a fine. I told the judge that I thought I should be reimbursed for the loss, but he never even mentioned it in his ruling, so I was the only one that really got screwed, and did absolutely nothing wrong. So much for the justice system when it comes to property theft.
You did something wrong. You shouldnt have bought a gun from a kid.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 02-05-2011, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Arm your self with a couple of these they will be back
Attached Images

Old 02-05-2011, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punt66 View Post
You did something wrong. You shouldnt have bought a gun from a kid.
Well, I used the term loosely. I think he was 19 at the time. I suppose if I had used the term "guy", or "man", or "young adult", then it would have been OK?
Old 02-05-2011, 01:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc3xx0 View Post
...I have a friend that lives in the inner city. Pretty much a big shithole. We were going to the bar, and he forgot his wallet at his house. I was parked on the street and he ran to his back door. Next thing I know some dude is running across the street in front of my truck. I step out thinking something just happened when my buddy comes around the house chasing. The guy was inside the house stealing my buddies tools and threw a circular saw at him then bolted out the door. I knew where my buddy was chasing him only had one outlet so I cut down the main street to head them off. When I caught the dude, we pulled him into an alley and beat the guy to the point he was almost knocked out. We took his ID and told him the house better never get broke into again, by anyone, or he was to blame. A lot of people from the neighborhood witnessed this!!

Going on 3 years, and his house has never been broken into!! They used to steal the copper from his air conditioner at least 2 times a year, but that has stopped too!!
JUSTICE WAS SERVED.
'09 Hustler Super Z 60" 31 hp Kawasaki, Echo SRM-210 trimmer, Redmax HBZ 2601 blower, '98 Massey Ferguson 231 utility tractor, 5' Bush Hog 285 rotary cutter, 5.5' King Kutter box blade, 6.5' United disc harrow, United middle buster, Dearborn single row cultivator, single row HD row hippers, Bark Buster pto log splitter, log skidding "tongs", 6' Fred Cain landscape rake, LMC boom pole, drawbar, '09 Honda Foreman 500 4x4 FPE, '04 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS
Old 02-05-2011, 03:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOturkey View Post
Well, I used the term loosely. I think he was 19 at the time. I suppose if I had used the term "guy", or "man", or "young adult", then it would have been OK?
did you register the gun?

SOLO OPERATION
Old 02-05-2011, 06:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetz View Post
I've never really gotten the key thing on these mowers, they're all generic, you can BUY one at Home Depot for a couple of bucks.
you can buy a gravely key at home depot?
21" MTD Pro Push mower
Stihl BR550
Bolens 25cc trimmer (KM110R soon to come)
Old 02-05-2011, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravelyftw View Post
you can buy a gravely key at home depot?
I believe they're all the same, I've owned commercial and residential Toros, commercial Hustlers and I've used a few other brands. They all have used the same style key that you can buy at Home Depot, Lowes, etc. It makes no sense to me, but in the past mowers weren't a high priority item to thieves.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Happened to me one time with a backpack blower. Caught the guy and he threw the blower at me as I came at him. He was a classic tweaker about 120 pounds. I am 220 and very fond of my equiptment. After about twenty punches were exchanged it was over. He was very tough for a tweaker and we both were bloody. Guy got me a few times pretty good . A car came screaming up and his tweak girlfriend took him away. Bottom line you steal you pay the piper. Cops around here would probably take us both to jail, or shoot you. As far as pressing charges I would, hell I would even bail him out of jail to kick his butt.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Member

yeah an ex gf of mine had family in spokane. she said the town was full of meth heads.
21" MTD Pro Push mower
Stihl BR550
Bolens 25cc trimmer (KM110R soon to come)
Old 02-05-2011, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Member

This is also true!! Greydog..