Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-05-2011, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&K Lawns View Post
I can't win for losing! I was working a fed housing property I have when I came around the corner of a house with edger in hand and this dude was trying to push my gravely down the street!!! I kid you not...I have never seen anything like it in my life. I yelled out at him and he took off. Called the Cops and they came and later caught up with him. It was almost comical watching him trying to push it. Question is should I press charges? I haven't filed any as of yet. What do ya'll think.
no dont press charges,you should find him and give him the mower.he must need it more than you.if any one tries to take it from him he wont worry if he should call the cops he will k***the man who steals from him.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Sould have finished it, But then he couldn`t have told his buddies, or could he???
Old 02-06-2011, 12:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

"...It says here that you attempted to steal a man's lawn mower, is that correct?"- "Uh, yes sir, that is correct" - "...you attempted to steal it, but i'm guessing you weren't successful, is that correct?" - "Uh, yes sir Mr Judge sir" - "Well, have you learned anything from this son?"- "uh, yes sir Mr. Judge sir...next time I'll bring help"

Verdict:
Thief- released on conditions of apologizing to the owner of the mower
Victim- Charged $1,500 because the Thief hurt his back trying to push the "heavy" mower and now thief had to get surgery.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCityLawnCareLLC View Post
"...It says here that you attempted to steal a man's lawn mower, is that correct?"- "Uh, yes sir, that is correct" - "...you attempted to steal it, but i'm guessing you weren't successful, is that correct?" - "Uh, yes sir Mr Judge sir" - "Well, have you learned anything from this son?"- "uh, yes sir Mr. Judge sir...next time I'll bring help"

Verdict:
Thief- released on conditions of apologizing to the owner of the mower
Victim- Charged $1,500 because the Thief hurt his back trying to push the "heavy" mower and now thief had to get surgery.
HAHA, LMAO!!! That is so true. Great post!
Old 02-06-2011, 07:19 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolluv View Post
Not only would I press charges but he would have fallen down a few times before the police showed up. I don't know what happened officer, he fell a few times trying to get away and I just kept trying to help him to his feet.

Dave...
LOL...I hear that.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:57 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punt66 View Post
did you register the gun?
Well, to answer your question. No, I didn't register the gun, because at the time I had an FFL, and bought the gun to resell. It wouldn't have made any difference if I had bought it for pesonal use, you don't have to register guns in Missouri.

Punt66, I sure hope this explanation satisfies you, because it seems you enjoy jumping to conclusions with little information. To put this in perspective, let's say you bought a used trimmer from a guy you know that lives in the same town as you. He says he is short on cash, the price is pretty good, and it would make a good backup for you. After you buy it, you find out he stole it from his neighbor. I suppose it would be your fault for not knowing it was stolen?
Old 02-06-2011, 11:47 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-06-2011, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I hope he resisted arrest!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-06-2011, 03:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm sorry, but i may sound a little off. I have already made plans for if this happens. If someone steals ANY of my stuff while i am trying to support my family, while i'm hot,tired, and sweaty, i don't need a gun or a dog or run after them. I am going to get in my air conditioned f350, and I will slam that MF-er, and my stolen equipment into the next county. They can get there lazy a$$ out there and work for it just like i did. That same mind set goes for if some idiot runs into my truck not paying attention on there phone. If one of those idiots run into me i am going to push them till i can't push them any more.Sorry for the rant ,but i can't stand jacka$$es.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOturkey View Post
Well, to answer your question. No, I didn't register the gun, because at the time I had an FFL, and bought the gun to resell. It wouldn't have made any difference if I had bought it for pesonal use, you don't have to register guns in Missouri.

Punt66, I sure hope this explanation satisfies you, because it seems you enjoy jumping to conclusions with little information. To put this in perspective, let's say you bought a used trimmer from a guy you know that lives in the same town as you. He says he is short on cash, the price is pretty good, and it would make a good backup for you. After you buy it, you find out he stole it from his neighbor. I suppose it would be your fault for not knowing it was stolen?
nope, i dont buy used handhelds. I also dont buy used guns without the proper paperwork. I didnt jump to any conclusions. I was asking questions.

SOLO OPERATION