Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-06-2011, 02:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

At least you are trying different avenues. Some guys will have you believe all business just walks up to you.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-06-2011, 03:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Tanks for your opinion guys, I'm going to try and put up a picture of the flyer sometime soon.
If then God so clothe the grass, wich is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more [will he clothe] you, O ye of little faith? (Luke 12:28)

For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. (Romans 14:8)
Old 02-06-2011, 03:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes, I do it every year.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I personally don't think it will help much.

Flyers should be printed up to be short and sweet, yet informative.

You wont be able to really tell much difference between 500 last time and 500 this time.

Try passing out 5000 to get a better idea of what you might as far as new customers go.

Be sure to let them know that weekly and biweekly service is your specialty. That might help draw in the regulars.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_cut View Post
Alright, well I guess the best experience is trial and error. So if this flyer doesn't work, then I've lost $50 in printing, which isn't that much in the scheme of things.
any amount of calls you get would be good at that price....even 1 would be helpful...when you arent investing much money its always worth the risk...try it..lets see how it does..keep us posted and good luck!!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:21 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Same here, the majority of my customers have been referrals, but I was thinking if I put a name on the flyer who many people through the neighborhood know well, it's sorta like that person telling a potential customer that they like my work.

Useful information eh? Convincing testimonials aren't useful? I mean I could list my services all day long, but that doesn't convince anybody that I do good work or that they will like my services. What would you save the space for?
Don't you have a web site? thats where testimonials should be. people decide if theyre gonna read or "recycle" fliers in the first few seconds, if you make it a "book" they'll dispose of it. fliers should be clean and eye catching.

Opening phrases like; "SPRING IS HERE!!", or; "ARE YOU READY FOR SPRING?, WE ARE!" followed by short info on how your quality is the best and your #. (simple is better) refer them to your web site and you can have all the testimonials you want....."FEEL FREE TO SAVE THIS CARD OR PASS IT ON TO SOMEONE YOU KNOW"
JMHO

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...10#post4099310

Ex-mark 60" mulch kit with oregon high lift blades for sale MAKE OFFER! http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=364386

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t...ighlight=agape

Old 02-11-2011, 09:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Alright, well I guess the best experience is trial and error. So if this flyer doesn't work, then I've lost $50 in printing, which isn't that much in the scheme of things.
There may be your problem, $50 of printing gets you crap B&W full page and it looks like a kid did it.

I put mine on glossy card stock 4 per page and have 1000 printed and cut (4 per page = 4000 cards) and it costs under $200 for full color. www.docucopies.com

Quarter page means I can carry 300-400 in one hand and I slightly bend one to spring-load it as I walk to the door and stick between the door knob etc... and it's a lot faster than wrestleing full page and rolling them with one hand full of paper.

500 B&W is a crap effort and looks like garbage, it equals about 5 hours of canvassing and playing x-box the rest of the week. try nicer fliers in a nicer neighborhood, and more of em.

I tell you all this in love because I wish the best for you, not to put you down, and 500 B&W will not get you the best.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...10#post4099310

Ex-mark 60" mulch kit with oregon high lift blades for sale MAKE OFFER! http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=364386

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t...ighlight=agape

Old 02-11-2011, 11:23 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Clean cut,
above are good points, but 500 is not enough. 5000 or 10,000 is more like it. Plan on one percent response, if...it is a good color brochure, and if you don't have much competition. Sure testimonials work--that is why other companies in other industries use them. But find a good printer who will help you do excellent color pics and layout. You don't want to have the third best flyer. It costs just as much to print a crummy brochure, and it takes just as much walking to hand them out. Try to think of a reason for the prospects to hang onto to the brochure rather than toss it in the trash. Coupon, for instance. Pictures should include an attractive satisfied woman customer with cute kids and a dog. If you can get your truck in the background--so much the better.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

anytime i see testimonials i just assume the guy made a bunch of stuff up to make himself look good then added a fake name.
2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here
Old 02-11-2011, 12:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO View Post
anytime i see testimonials i just assume the guy made a bunch of stuff up to make himself look good then added a fake name.
AGREED

Tags
advertising , doorhanger , flyer , postcard , testimonial