Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-09-2011, 03:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Leave out the ambitious teenager part and you have a great ad.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I know everybody is saying "leave out the ambitious teenager part" but I'm not sure about that. I really don't want anybody to call thinking I'm running a full time business and when they call say "oh, you're only a kid". But then again, I don't want anybody to say, "I'm not calling him, he's only a kid". Oh decisions, decisions, decisions.
If then God so clothe the grass, wich is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more [will he clothe] you, O ye of little faith? (Luke 12:28)

For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. (Romans 14:8)
Old 02-09-2011, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Looks Great
Old 02-09-2011, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank's Lawn Care View Post
Wow for 10,000 its only $17 a 1000. Thats cheaper then printing myself. I buy poly bags put a rock in and put in driveways. Did 5500 last yr got 60 accounts. Looking to do the same this month. Printed 500 today,loaded half in bags. Good luck
Did You Ever Run Into People Thinking That You Where Throwing Trash Into There Yard? Did You Have Any Problems With The City With The Bag Deal, As Far As Telling You That You Could Do It. Or Any Other Problems With It As A Hole. I Have Always Wonder If That Would Help My Business Or Hurt It Because Of The Throwing It With A Bag And Bird Seed Or Whatever Is In The Bag. However With That I Can See That You Could Cover A Large Area In Little Time And Say Time. I Have Past Out Fliers For Years And Only Do Like 2000 At The Most But Am Looking For Different Ways.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_cut View Post
Thanks guys, any suggestions or things that you would change if they were your own?

Gauvreau - I remember when you were asking for help on your logo a while back, I like how it came out. I think I'm going to print with www.clubflyers.com I had a good experience with the free business cards they offer and they seem to have some great prices, about $50 for 1,000 4x6 postcards. Check 'em out.
that's very good, hopefully they can make some for Canadians :P
Complete lawn care services
Old 02-09-2011, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I know everybody is saying "leave out the ambitious teenager part" but I'm not sure about that. I really don't want anybody to call thinking I'm running a full time business and when they call say "oh, you're only a kid". But then again, I don't want anybody to say, "I'm not calling him, he's only a kid". Oh decisions, decisions, decisions.
Anybody have any more input on this?
If then God so clothe the grass, wich is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more [will he clothe] you, O ye of little faith? (Luke 12:28)

For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. (Romans 14:8)
Old 02-09-2011, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike's Lawn Care View Post
Did You Ever Run Into People Thinking That You Where Throwing Trash Into There Yard? Did You Have Any Problems With The City With The Bag Deal, As Far As Telling You That You Could Do It. Or Any Other Problems With It As A Hole. I Have Always Wonder If That Would Help My Business Or Hurt It Because Of The Throwing It With A Bag And Bird Seed Or Whatever Is In The Bag. However With That I Can See That You Could Cover A Large Area In Little Time And Say Time. I Have Past Out Fliers For Years And Only Do Like 2000 At The Most But Am Looking For Different Ways.
Wow! I almost went cross eyed trying to read this! SO MANY CAPS! Haha.

Quote:
Anybody have any more input on this?
I am in the same type of situation, however i would leave the ambitious teenager part off as well. I am only 21 and i still have people that look at me and deny my request to place a bid on large commercial accounts and some resi accounts to because they have the outlook that a person under 30 isn't capable nor dependable. It doesn't matter how good of work you do you will have those people. I personally wouldn't call someone that said they were an ambitious teenager. Normally when people brag on themselves in my area they aren't really that good at what they are bragging about. Basically what i am saying is down stereotype yourself. Another thing is that you shouldn't put you do work as good as someone or equal to someone. You should always put in 1st person " we strive to be the best" or if it is from 3rd person
"he does some of the best quality work we have seen". Just some ideas. Best of luck to you this season

Oh and i am curious are you going to mail them or are you going to go door knocking and hand them out?

"Making Thomasville and surrounding areas more beautiful one yard at a time!"
Old 02-09-2011, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Teenager with 5 years experience? He started at 14 or younger? What insurance does he carry? How is he licensed? How did he get his equipment to the job without a driver's license? Where did he learn what he knows? Is he old enough to rent equipment?

I'd probably ignore it.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Def take out the ambitious teen part. walk, talk, and act like an adult and people will respect that more. Good luck with the fliers they look good on the front
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-10-2011, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't like the puncture green grass green trees green bushes can u find one that has some colorful flowers and then add that to your services seasonal color up with annuals
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
advertisement , advertising , flyer , postcard , spring flyer