Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-19-2000, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Might not be a bad idea to ditch the &quot;grassmaster&quot; forum which nobody uses and replace it with one for those of us who operate full service businesses, full time, all year round. The commercial forum is pretty broad in that it includes part-timers and green-behind-the-ears newbies. I've got no problem with them participating but those of us who have been making a full-time living at this profession for a number of years might like a forum where questions such as &quot;How often should I sharpen my mower blades?&quot; don't take up space.<p>Just a thought.<p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>
Old 02-20-2000, 12:21 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree. Maybe there could be a FAQ forum for the newbies. The answers could be edited down to the several best ones and kept on file.
Old 02-20-2000, 01:19 AM
hall

Good points... I will work on some new forum ideas and incorporate your ideas in it.<p>Thanks
Old 02-20-2000, 12:41 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

My problem with that is that questions like the &quot;how often should I sharpen my blades?&quot; question has no definitive answer. And if you don't let user ask questions like that in the regular forum, they won't get opinions from people with experience. You will get people not wanting to ask questions because they think it is a stupid question.<br>
Old 02-21-2000, 10:32 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Ill second (or third) the commercial full-time forum. Cuz for us full-time experienced guys, the sharp blade question IS stupid. <p>Bill
Old 02-25-2000, 06:45 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey! Easy guys, we all had to start somewhere didn't we? How valuable would this site have been for you when you were &quot;still wet behind the ears?&quot; As I recall from my early days in grade school, the dumbest questions are the ones you don't ask. Just another opinion. Good day to all!
Old 02-26-2000, 04:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't mind people disagreeing with me, but I'm not advocating getting rid of the commercial lawn care forum in it's present form. I'm suggesting the creation of and ADDITIONAL forum for full-time, full-service guys who've been around a while and have quesions and discussion topics of a more specific nature than some of the threads currently posted. <p>Perhaps I should have suggested adding a new forum for the guys new to the business. That way the current forum would cater to those who already know the basics of the business.<p>'nuff said.<p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>