Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-08-2011, 11:34 PM
LawnSite Member

is the box truck a good idea

hello is the box truck a good idea? i have now a 83 c-30 one ton dump truck with a plow and sander, the truck is almost done. a 18ft enclosed trailer, 5x8 open trailer, 98s-10 6'6" plow. and a 06 f-350.
since i need a new truck to replace my dump, i was thinking of box truck, and a dump trailer. i dont take much in the way of grass, so i dont always used the dump. i would get the dump trailer for the times i need a dump mulch, clean ups, etc. and i hate to say not all of our employess can all drive a truck and trailer.
i would sell both of my trailers and the dump truck. i still need to figure out what to do about the s-10 and the 350. the 350 was an impulse purchance and a dum one. the truck is to nice to be a work truck.
so in long does anyone have a box truck for there weekly maintanence, and any pointers thx sorry for any miss spelled words
Old 02-09-2011, 02:24 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

A box truck may not work for everyone but I think it would work great for us. We plan to get one, I had thought of getting one this winter but I think I'm going to hold off for now.

We use a 8.5X20 enclosed trailer now and it works great but I think a box truck would work even better.

We don't bag anything so that is not a concern. We have an open trailer with 4' sides that we use for hauling green waste when needed.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Best setup in my opinion is a 14ft cabover dump and 20ft enclosed trailer. Mow all day drop the trailer off the guys off and run to the dump and ready for the next day.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Member

Thank you for the responses. After more research today I think a hook lift truck or the winch pull with a box and a platform will work best thx again
Posted via Mobile Device