Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-09-2011, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I was down at MAHTS yesturday and took fundamentals or pavers and walls. Wish I could have stayed longer but I had classes for school today and tomorrow so that didn't work out. But I also went to the John Deere Landscapes classes and for the tradeshow aspect of it I thought MAHTS was better. (For me atleast because The John Deere Trade show was had alot of irrigation products, which is not a service I offer.)

But over all I was pleased in MAHTS, for someone just getting into this aspect of the industry the classes provided me with alot of knowledge.

I was actually going to take the NCMA-SRW class but wanted to make sure I learned some more about pavers too so decided to take fundamental to pavers and wall inplace of the NCMA class.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:44 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think for some us trade show regulars we expect somethings to be at a higher level. I went to mahts in ac with a couple guys this week. Some decent business courses but the hamds on was lacking in every area. We don't use an ep henry products up here and after leaving that show I don't know anymore about their product then when I went in. Try doing that at a techo showcase, it won't happen.

They should have at least one class at all of these shows sponsored by probst or pti showing efficiency tools.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-10-2011, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotLandscape View Post
We don't use an ep henry products up here and after leaving that show I don't know anymore about their product then when I went in. Try doing that at a techo showcase, it won't happen.

They should have at least one class at all of these shows sponsored by probst or pti showing efficiency tools.
Posted via Mobile Device
Agree to both those statements!!!! EP Henry picked lunch time to go over some new stuff and tell contractors about their 2011 focus!!! LUNCH TIME?!?!!!! I don't think any of the contractors/suppliers were listening, not to mention nooone could hear the lady speaking!!!!
Old 02-10-2011, 03:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVHardscape View Post
I was let down by the A/C show. very small vendor section and even smaller EP Henry display. Even their promo materials were lacking. T-shirt once you turned in your ticket. Where-as the Techo contractor showcases are Free and they give out shirts, hats, jackets, marketing materials, product portfolios 3 pairs of gloves, books, sand samples, and the list goes on!!!!

Oh and if anyone is wondering, you can get a free S'Mores kit if adding a fire pit to an existing EP Henry patio! I honestly think this company is shooting themselves in the foot!

I guess going into it i had some high hopes, but was let down. At-least it provided a venu to take some classes and get some more certifications/CE credits.

Anyone on here attend?
This was our 4th year attending the MAHTS trade show. For our company, it has been phenomenal. The reason we go is for the great classes they have. They are extremely informative.

I went to the Techo-Bloc show last year. Don't get me wrong, it was informative - and yeah, they do give you all this free stuff - but it doesn't compare to EP's show.

The knowledge that Charles Vander Kooi's people bring to the table is incomparable.

And when all else is considered, EP HENRY providing breakfast, lunch AND happy hour beats TECHO's one superior meal.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarlo View Post
This was our 4th year attending the MAHTS trade show. For our company, it has been phenomenal. The reason we go is for the great classes they have. They are extremely informative.

I went to the Techo-Bloc show last year. Don't get me wrong, it was informative - and yeah, they do give you all this free stuff - but it doesn't compare to EP's show.

The knowledge that Charles Vander Kooi's people bring to the table is incomparable.

And when all else is considered, EP HENRY providing breakfast, lunch AND happy hour beats TECHO's one superior meal.
Here again, the information and classes are great, but they are all third party companies holding the classes, so its not like it's EP that is putting them on. I have a feeling Techo will be very soon doing something like this, and I would imagine its going to rock EP henry's world!!
Old 02-12-2011, 01:46 PM
LawnSite Member

I went to Ac also Last week, and was a little disapointed with the show. I was expecting more vendors I guess . and I signed up for the fundamentals courses even though I already am ICPI Certified ....so for to guys from ep that stuttered and wont good at teaching show me slides for 3 hours .......I decided to get up and leave lol .. I also went to Techo's showcase and listened to Paver Pete which was good I thought, But in my Market everything is Ep. I guess I should of took some Different Classes
Old 02-12-2011, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I sat in on part of the fundamentals class. Ugh The guys need to be taught how to speek to an audience. I do not need to be read word for word the power point slides. 3hours of slides 20 minutes of hands on and they decided to uild stairs rather than lay pavers !!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-12-2011, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I've never been a big fan of this "hands on" stuff at these types of functions. Always seems a waste of time and effort. I'd guess that of all the attendees - less than 10% benefit from the hands on.

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS Hardscaper View Post
I've never been a big fan of this "hands on" stuff at these types of functions. Always seems a waste of time and effort. I'd guess that of all the attendees - less than 10% benefit from the hands on.

It's more-so to keep the audience engaged in the process. I would much rather a breakup in the speaches with hands on vs. just sitting through slideshows for hours on end.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVHardscape View Post
Here again, the information and classes are great, but they are all third party companies holding the classes, so its not like it's EP that is putting them on. I have a feeling Techo will be very soon doing something like this, and I would imagine its going to rock EP henry's world!!
Huh? Who organizes show? Who invite vendors, speakers and all the rest?

You have feeling that Techo will do something that EP has dun for many, many years? Bery funny. Why Techo not do previously?