Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-13-2011, 04:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
i myself dont want things lowered.... i got an idea lets lower the requirements to be a doctor....
Karl

That is the difference in Attitude between those who have either paid their dues and have a license or those who are working towards a license and those who think the world owes them a Living.

What the Cry Babies fail to realize is, If everyone has a license then Irrigation or Pesticide work would be just like Grass cutting and every fool would be doing it cheaper than the next jerk.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I wonder what people did before required licensing? Oh yes, they did quality work or went out of business. A license seems to build complacency and lowers the quality of work. I would prefer privately issued certification over government monopoly licensing. Why is it that in the fields with the least government involvement ( the computer industry) you found the most innovation and the lowest prices, while in those most heavily regulated (plumbing, electrical etc) you find high prices and little improvement?
Old 02-13-2011, 05:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I wonder what people did before required licensing? Oh yes, they did quality work or went out of business. A license seems to build complacency and lowers the quality of work. I would prefer privately issued certification over government monopoly licensing. Why is it that in the fields with the least government involvement ( the computer industry) you found the most innovation and the lowest prices, while in those most heavily regulated (plumbing, electrical etc) you find high prices and little improvement?
Tallrick

Your crying here is doing no good. I told you repeatedly THE LAW IS THE LAW and I or anyone else reading here don't make those laws. The world does not owe you a living or a Irrigation License.

My suggestion is to just do illegal installs until a Grass cutter break a pipe and the home owner calls a licensed irrigation contractor. He will pull As Build plans from the county to find there is not one and all Hell will break lose on you. I will then Laugh my ass off as I say I TOLD YOU SO.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 02-13-2011, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Tallrick

Your crying here is doing no good. I told you repeatedly THE LAW IS THE LAW and I or anyone else reading here don't make those laws. The world does not owe you a living or a Irrigation License.

My suggestion is to just do illegal installs until a Grass cutter break a pipe and the home owner calls a licensed irrigation contractor. He will pull As Build plans from the county to find there is not one and all Hell will break lose on you. I will then Laugh my ass off as I say I TOLD YOU SO.
Don't count on it, there are few records for properties older than 1974 due to a "fire" in the county records. By the way, I only have done installs on properties I OWN not for others. On one home I lived in in another county I went to the building department to ask for a permit to install a sprinkler system and they told me no permit was necessary.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

ric sometimes i think i belong to the wrong generation.

dont get me wrong laws do suck but with out them what would this country be????
Old 02-14-2011, 11:20 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
ric sometimes i think i belong to the wrong generation.

dont get me wrong laws do suck but with out them what would this country be????
They vote and reproduce.