Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Gravely
User Name
Password
Home Gravely.com Parts Find a Dealer About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2011, 11:20 AM
LawnSite Member

Gravely 260z

I have a 2009 Gravely 260z. It came with the formed blades that curve downward from the center hole to the tips. It did not come with washers between the blades and the spindle, but the owner's manual shows it having them. Does anyone know weather they're suppose to be there or not and would it really make much difference. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-14-2011, 08:43 AM
Sponsor

The washer you are describing has not been used for the last three years. There is only a washer between the bolt head and the blade, not between the blade and the spindle hub.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:09 AM
LawnSite Member

Thank you very much. Do you have any suggestions to reduce the size of my clippings. Even on weekly cuttings, the discharged grass isn't cut up at all. It just shoots out at full length and lays there. I have to double cut most everything. I purchased aftermarket mulching blades, which helps with the clipping size, but I loose all of the deck's vacuum and thus the cut quality isn't very good. Thanks.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:20 AM
Sponsor

Are you using the mulch kit with the mulch blades? If not, the effect of the mulch blades will be reduced.

There are many factors in deck performance from the type of grass, type of blades, time of year, area of the country, and level of expectation, to name a few. Because of the variables involved will be difficult to recommend a single setup that will be best for your particular situation. Along with experimentation, I'd suggest talking with your local Gravely dealer and other LSC's in your area who are more familiar with the conditions you experience on a daily basis.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Member

I am not using the mulch kit.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

2009 260Z should have the xfactor deck. My 160Z with the xfactor chops the grass up very well but what I do not like is it does not discharge it very evenly (very strange but it seems to throw it downward just outside of the discharge opening and I do not run the chute). I use solid foil high lift blades on mine. Leaves a clean carpet smooth cut but a lot of chopped up clippings right along the discharge opening.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)