Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-16-2011, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Geist Yard Works View Post
Do you not think our industry most likely had something to do with why everyone thinks SA is the turf of choice, I mean for all the reasons you mentioned why it is a PITA, are all reasons that create a never ending source of income for us right?

I am not so sure this bermuda thing needs to catch on
It's going to catch on here. I seed a lot of Bermuda lawns so all those next door properties will have one soon. I'll post a pic of my Bermuda lawn.....it's great. Like I said it's the number one lawn grass in all the southern us. Why people love st aug is beyond me. I don't hate it but it is pretty useless turf
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-16-2011, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl-landscapes View Post
. I'll post a pic of my Bermuda lawn.....it's great. [/i][/size]
Please do, I am interested in this. Not ready to convert, but interested non the less.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 02-16-2011, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Ric and FL landscape ,

I take it bermuda is a little more common in your guys part of FL? I can not recall seeing a lawn that was actually intentionally bermuda here in CFL, golf courses yes, lawns NO.

What is your guys take on how it would grow here in the Orlando market? I got a feeling my neighbors would really love if I replaced my SA with Bermuda. The wild bermuda is a big enough issue already.

Speaking of which, Ric I got a couple small batches in my lawn. I was going to just RU and resod. Tell me about your mixture and what you would charge for the mix per 1K. I think 1K would be more than enough to get the areas I currently have it blended in.
Mikey

FOR YOU I would sell you enough of my unlabeled product to do a Thousand sq ft for $ 100.00 cash money. That is still cheaper than re sodding by a long shot. Oh you will have to drive here to get it, I am not shipping it or willing to give you any paper work. I will promise it is a legal mixture to apply on your lawn and it will kill Bermuda in St Augustine without hurting it, if applied as per my instructions. But I will not tell you what it is or where to buy it.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:23 AM
LawnSite Member

I second the idea of using common bermuda or some seed variety.
With bahia, once you start getting grassy weeds in it, you cant get them out.
With bermuda, you have many options for weed control. Also, you can over-seed it and have a rye grass lawn for 7 months of the year.

You could also sprig the lawn with Celebration bermuda which looks decent cut with a rotary.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:37 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Mikey

FOR YOU I would sell you enough of my unlabeled product to do a Thousand sq ft for $ 100.00 cash money. That is still cheaper than re sodding by a long shot. Oh you will have to drive here to get it, I am not shipping it or willing to give you any paper work. I will promise it is a legal mixture to apply on your lawn and it will kill Bermuda in St Augustine without hurting it, if applied as per my instructions. But I will not tell you what it is or where to buy it.
Ric,

You are correct in that it would be cheaper than resodding the area I am concerned about, what I did not think about was the logistics on getting it here. You are what roughly three and half, four hours away???/ That makes for a pretty good weekend trip.
I have no issue with the price...just the logistics of getting it. i will PM and get your phone number if we are heading down that way.

Thanks,

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 02-17-2011, 11:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Ric,

You are correct in that it would be cheaper than resodding the area I am concerned about, what I did not think about was the logistics on getting it here. You are what roughly three and half, four hours away???/ That makes for a pretty good weekend trip.
I have no issue with the price...just the logistics of getting it. i will PM and get your phone number if we are heading down that way.

Thanks,
Mikey

I would actually like to see you test this herbicide with before and after pictures. It would only give me more credibility as a second LS Member to confirm it works.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 02-17-2011, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Ric- does the hundred dollars mean lunch will be provided.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-17-2011, 12:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Ric- does the hundred dollars mean lunch will be provided.
Posted via Mobile Device
I will take you to the best Burger & Fries in town, shouldn't cost your more than $ 30 with Tips. But just think what a treat to have my company for lunch.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Mikey

I would actually like to see you test this herbicide with before and after pictures. It would only give me more credibility as a second LS Member to confirm it works.
I will try to get some snap shots of the areas with bermuda mixed in this weekend. The wife has been after me to visit the Keys - this may just be the excuse I need for a weekend trip down there. Sounds like a write off to me come next year for taxes

Old 02-17-2011, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Posted via Mobile Device