Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-17-2011, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Mike that's a thought..........except you are probably closer to the keys then we are..........was there last month though, it's great and your wife is right you should go, you just won't find ric or his Bermuda killing potion there
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-18-2011, 07:49 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl-landscapes View Post
Mike that's a thought..........except you are probably closer to the keys then we are..........was there last month though, it's great and your wife is right you should go, you just won't find ric or his Bermuda killing potion there
Posted via Mobile Device
For some reason I thought you guys were right outside of Miami! Maybe that was a discussion I was having with Ric were he said he thought about going to Miami area at one time? Where you guys at?

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 02-18-2011, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

What I have noticed is that very few from Miami post on this forum. The majority of "landscapers" do not speak English as a native language so that may be why. I live in Key Largo and go to Miami regularly to take care of my tenants and visit my parents. Around here lawns are rare due to extended dry weather and a lack of soil. The neighborhood park does have bermudagrass though.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
What I have noticed is that very few from Miami post on this forum. The majority of "landscapers" do not speak English as a native language so that may be why. I live in Key Largo and go to Miami regularly to take care of my tenants and visit my parents. Around here lawns are rare due to extended dry weather and a lack of soil. The neighborhood park does have bermudagrass though.
Senior Ricardo

No problema, Mi hablo espanol. However between Rent A Licenses, Low Balling and traffic Jams; I don't think I could make it in greater Miami area. I want very much to live near my Children who both live on South Beach. Key Largo would be perfect for me if I could afford the high cost of living there. I am sure there are a thousand CPO in Florida who would take a job cheap in that area.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Senior Ricardo

No problema, Mi hablo espanol. However between Rent A Licenses, Low Balling and traffic Jams; I don't think I could make it in greater Miami area. I want very much to live near my Children who both live on South Beach. Key Largo would be perfect for me if I could afford the high cost of living there. I am sure there are a thousand CPO in Florida who would take a job cheap in that area.
I would give an eyeball to live in the keys.......and not have to work!!! I love it there.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The keys, you can have them. Too dry, too hot and were becoming gentrified. I like the natural areas, and boating but it was actually more relaxing to live in Clewiston than here. Miami gives me a headache with its traffic and ghetto stripped landscaping. Latin Americans, especially Cubans hate trees and love iron fences topped with lights and a concrete yard. South Beach in my opinion is a glorified dump full of homeless and an arsonist or two. Years back it was a muscle faries paradise but I am not sure what it is now. A shame how south Florida became the world's dumping ground.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with you on Miami but the Keys not. I never get hot down there because I am in the water snorkeling or diving. Beautiful water and warmer water than the bahamas.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
The keys, you can have them. Too dry, too hot and were becoming gentrified. I like the natural areas, and boating but it was actually more relaxing to live in Clewiston than here. Miami gives me a headache with its traffic and ghetto stripped landscaping. Latin Americans, especially Cubans hate trees and love iron fences topped with lights and a concrete yard. South Beach in my opinion is a glorified dump full of homeless and an arsonist or two. Years back it was a muscle faries paradise but I am not sure what it is now. A shame how south Florida became the world's dumping ground.
Tallrick

I am sorry, but if you can't be happy in the Florida Keys, You Can't be happy

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
maybe your not aware THERE HAS ONLY ONCE BEEN A DAY IN KEY WEST HISTORY RECORDED AT 100 DEGREES AND NEVER HAS THERE BEEN A DAY BELOW 32...........so not too hot......way hotter in clewiston, you can keep clewiston though, I am always sure to pack some extra metal with me when we go out to play football with my sons team......rough area.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Florida is the gunshine state so it is always a good idea to have metal handy when in questionable areas. Here in the keys it is said that you have to be drunk or fishing to enjoy life here. The real estate bubble was what ruined the lifestyle but it may return if home values keep falling. The lack of water here is what I hate the most. The people here generally have a better attitude if they are from the keys, but snowbirds often have a bad disposition. It may not go over 100 here but we do not get cooling thunderstorms in the summer like on the mainland.