Peco Vac.System 6HP Kohler
Toro,Gator Rator & Classen Pluggers

Solo Operater
Old 02-16-2011, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Calling it.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

starts April 1st and goes weekly until November 1st then goes bi weekly for half the customers so i can lay off one guy and guys do the 50 houses with two guys and work normal hours.but i start mid march for aeration and dethatching and do that until mowing starts, then i'm just too busy and put the aerators and dethatcher in storage till next spring.

and what do you mean "calling it"?
Old 02-16-2011, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlythebest View Post
starts April 1st and goes weekly until November 1st then goes bi weekly for half the customers so i can lay off one guy and guys do the 50 houses with two guys and work normal hours.but i start mid march for aeration and dethatching and do that until mowing starts, then i'm just too busy and put the aerators and dethatcher in storage till next spring.

and what do you mean "calling it"?
I think he mean you are a little full of it. Meaning your numbers are a little over inflated. Seriously, 50 lawns in three days in 15 total hours even with a helper and your tranportation is a cart. That averages to almost 16 lawn per 5hr day. We will say you have a 4min downtime between lawns for loading/unloading transport time. That 4X16 lawns equals 64 minutes, but you and you friends pull the cart fast so I will round it to 1hr. That is now 16 lawns in 4 hrs. Now you are talking about doing 100+ per week this year. What part of the story here is missing?
Old 02-16-2011, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't really care if you believe mr or not I know I can do it and my numbers are right. 16lawbs in 4 hours is really easy. Since you already took care of walkig an unloading/loading that gives mr 15 minutes a lawn and some lawns only take 5minutes and some take 15 so I don't see how this is impossible the numbers add up perfectly fine. Also I can see how you may think how can he be done a lawn in five minutes and not do a garbage job!?! My answer is simple... Work fast and steady. I don't bag I side discarge an mulch, I have more equipment than I need so if I am done mowing I load line in empty trimmers or pack up. I can see where your coming fro but remember these lawns are very small and are average of 22.50 a lawn
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-16-2011, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

now im on my desktop and can see your whole post. as far as doing 100 lawns a week goes, i will not be using the same setup. here is a link to my setup now;

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...t=mowing+setup

in order to do 100 lawns like i stated i will need to buy a tractor, build a new big cart, add another work day, and add another worker... any other questions or doubts that I'm legitimate?
Old 02-16-2011, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I don't really care if you believe mr or not I know I can do it and my numbers are right. 16lawbs in 4 hours is really easy. Since you already took care of walkig an unloading/loading that gives mr 15 minutes a lawn and some lawns only take 5minutes and some take 15 so I don't see how this is impossible the numbers add up perfectly fine. Also I can see how you may think how can he be done a lawn in five minutes and not do a garbage job!?! My answer is simple... Work fast and steady. I don't bag I side discarge an mulch, I have more equipment than I need so if I am done mowing I load line in empty trimmers or pack up. I can see where your coming fro but remember these lawns are very small and are average of 22.50 a lawn
Posted via Mobile Device
So are you billing by mail, picking up a check under the door mat or knocking & waiting for a check? Because that adds time. What you say you do could be done, if you're motivated, but you are basically spending your whole life doing nothing but schooling and work. At your age you should enjoy life and childhood a little more.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I 16lawbs in 4 hours is really easy. Since you already took care of walkig an unloading/loading that gives mr 15 minutes a lawn and some lawns only take 5minutes and some take 15 so I don't see how this is impossible the numbers add up perfectly fine. Also I can see how you may think how can he be done a lawn in five minutes.
Posted via Mobile Device
First of all what is 16lawbs? and how do you and YOUR GUYS do a lawn in five mins. without steeping on each other?
52" Great Dane Chariot 25HP Kohler
44" Toro Proline W/B 15HP Kohler Single Wheel Velke
22" John Deere JS36 7HP Briggs
Stihl BR380 BR600 MAG
Stihl FS110R Trimmer
Stihl FS90R Trimmer
Stihl HL100K Ext Hedger
Stihl HS80 180 deg 24" Hedger
Stihl FC75 Edger
Stihl MM55 Cultivator
Stihl 018C,036 Saws
Trimmer Trap Lock Downs
Peco Vac.System 6HP Kohler
Toro,Gator Rator & Classen Pluggers

Solo Operater
Old 02-16-2011, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i can defiantly see where you are coming from but i have the whole winter to chill will friends (no pun intended) and the way i look at it is "make as much as i can before i have monthly bills" like mortgage, insurance, shop rent, etc... then when im 30 and everything is set up just right and i like where i'm at i can stop growing and start banking all the money coming in. then at 50 i can retire and sell the company
Old 02-16-2011, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Pruitt View Post
First of all what is 16lawbs? and how do you and YOUR GUYS do a lawn in five mins. without steeping on each other?
sorry i was on my iphone... and i usually have many lawns on a street so if its really small i send a guy down to the next house with a mower as soon as the mowing is done. and really i didn't expect so much doubtfull comments