Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-17-2011, 02:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyst1 View Post
Lol, i'd like to get more in Hartville, Uniontown & Green.

What equipment do you run?
what you see in my signature. nothing incredible but it suits me and my lawns just fine.
Stay focused and leave distractions for those who will fail in their ventures
Old 02-17-2011, 02:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Give the kid a break.....and this is coming from somebody who does not give breaks lol. I hate low ballets as much as the next guy but I can easily mow some yards in ten min or less when they are tiny. Some people just work fast so try can go back home especially when they are younger I know I sure did...five years later tho and im getting slower lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-17-2011, 02:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry about that, didn't even see your sig. Don't know what's wrong with me today.....haha.

I have pretty much the same setup

2006 F250 5.4
2010 Boss PVXT 8.2
2008 Exmark Lazer Z HP
All Stihl handhelds
2008 6x12 Liberty Trailer
Lesco broadcast spreader

I'm looking to make some changes though. A new trailer with a side gate for sure and maybe a walk behind or stander

Anyhow, good luck this season. I hope we are not done with snow. Hit me up if you shoot the chit, sell or buy some accounts, etc....
Old 02-17-2011, 04:01 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyst1 View Post
Sorry about that, didn't even see your sig. Don't know what's wrong with me today.....haha.

I have pretty much the same setup

2006 F250 5.4
2010 Boss PVXT 8.2
2008 Exmark Lazer Z HP
All Stihl handhelds
2008 6x12 Liberty Trailer
Lesco broadcast spreader

I'm looking to make some changes though. A new trailer with a side gate for sure and maybe a walk behind or stander

Anyhow, good luck this season. I hope we are not done with snow. Hit me up if you shoot the chit, sell or buy some accounts, etc....
yep ill keep that in mind thanks! Great talking to ya.

Sorry for the hijack "onlythebest".
Stay focused and leave distractions for those who will fail in their ventures
Old 02-17-2011, 08:02 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowHouston View Post
Calling it.
I wish someone would. It gets deeper every year.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not being mean... I'm in high school, I'm 16, and I know starting out is rough. I'm just telling it like it is. When I started out, I charged $20-$25 for <1/4 acre property. Now I charge about double. He owns all that equipment that i talked about, and he still doesn't understand that if your prices are low, it's going to take longer for you to pay off your daddy who bought the equipment.

Like i said im not being mean

Gravely
Scag
Ferris
Echo
Stihl
Old 02-17-2011, 08:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

My dad dindnt buy me anything nor will he ever... Unless you are referring to the guy charging 15/7500sqft
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-17-2011, 09:31 AM
LawnSite Member

In my area you have too make 47 an hour to be profitable for cutting grass so the lowest i will bid a lawn is 25 per cut. I have nothing against highschool kids or collage kids working but if you going to do it at least make money at it. Im never worried about the highschool/ collage compitiion because i get a few accounts a year from people starting out with local kid in school doing it , and they get fed up with llack of knowlage, messy job and un reliability.I dont sweat the school kids.

when it comes to illegals im not worried either the market is slowly changing people want a contractor that can speak english and can ensure a quality job. when you have 3 amigos cuts pull up in a beat up truck and rag tag equipment theyll never make it in affluent areas or middle class towns either.People dont mind paying more but they want the customer service and qualitly work for it.
7x14 enclosed trailer for lawn maintenance crew
7x20 heavy equipment trailer for hardscaping crew
1 Bobcat
1 Bob cat back hoe ct230
Concret mixer

AND A HELL OF A LOT OF HEADACHES
Old 02-17-2011, 09:36 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wright48 View Post
In my area you have too make 47 an hour to be profitable for cutting grass so the lowest i will bid a lawn is 25 per cut. I have nothing against highschool kids or collage kids working but if you going to do it at least make money at it. Im never worried about the highschool/ collage compitiion because i get a few accounts a year from people starting out with local kid in school doing it , and they get fed up with llack of knowlage, messy job and un reliability.I dont sweat the school kids.

when it comes to illegals im not worried either the market is slowly changing people want a contractor that can speak english and can ensure a quality job. when you have 3 amigos cuts pull up in a beat up truck and rag tag equipment theyll never make it in affluent areas or middle class towns either.People dont mind paying more but they want the customer service and qualitly work for it.
Im glad somebody has some "knowlage" around here lol sorry had to throw that out there.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-17-2011, 11:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Lol that's funny ^
Posted via Mobile Device