Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #41  
Old 02-17-2011, 02:49 AM
Puddle of Oil's Avatar
Puddle of Oil Puddle of Oil is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Akron/Canton Ohio
Posts: 1,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyst1 View Post
Lol, i'd like to get more in Hartville, Uniontown & Green.

What equipment do you run?
what you see in my signature. nothing incredible but it suits me and my lawns just fine.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Gemma View Post
I get paid to keep the property looking good. It is not hard what we do like anything else in life, added will power, desire and the ability to look for solutions not excuses then you will succeed.
Stay focused and leave distractions for those who will fail in their ventures
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-17-2011, 02:53 AM
weezyf weezyf is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 11
Give the kid a break.....and this is coming from somebody who does not give breaks lol. I hate low ballets as much as the next guy but I can easily mow some yards in ten min or less when they are tiny. Some people just work fast so try can go back home especially when they are younger I know I sure did...five years later tho and im getting slower lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-17-2011, 02:54 AM
Greyst1's Avatar
Greyst1 Greyst1 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 875
Sorry about that, didn't even see your sig. Don't know what's wrong with me today.....haha.

I have pretty much the same setup

2006 F250 5.4
2010 Boss PVXT 8.2
2008 Exmark Lazer Z HP
All Stihl handhelds
2008 6x12 Liberty Trailer
Lesco broadcast spreader

I'm looking to make some changes though. A new trailer with a side gate for sure and maybe a walk behind or stander

Anyhow, good luck this season. I hope we are not done with snow. Hit me up if you shoot the chit, sell or buy some accounts, etc....
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-17-2011, 04:01 AM
Puddle of Oil's Avatar
Puddle of Oil Puddle of Oil is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Akron/Canton Ohio
Posts: 1,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyst1 View Post
Sorry about that, didn't even see your sig. Don't know what's wrong with me today.....haha.

I have pretty much the same setup

2006 F250 5.4
2010 Boss PVXT 8.2
2008 Exmark Lazer Z HP
All Stihl handhelds
2008 6x12 Liberty Trailer
Lesco broadcast spreader

I'm looking to make some changes though. A new trailer with a side gate for sure and maybe a walk behind or stander

Anyhow, good luck this season. I hope we are not done with snow. Hit me up if you shoot the chit, sell or buy some accounts, etc....
yep ill keep that in mind thanks! Great talking to ya.

Sorry for the hijack "onlythebest".
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Gemma View Post
I get paid to keep the property looking good. It is not hard what we do like anything else in life, added will power, desire and the ability to look for solutions not excuses then you will succeed.
Stay focused and leave distractions for those who will fail in their ventures
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-17-2011, 08:02 AM
Richard Martin's Avatar
Richard Martin Richard Martin is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 14,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by MowHouston View Post
Calling it.
I wish someone would. It gets deeper every year.
__________________
Serving Greenville, Winterville and Ayden NC



Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-17-2011, 08:11 AM
elitelawnteam1's Avatar
elitelawnteam1 elitelawnteam1 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cary, IL
Posts: 407
I'm not being mean... I'm in high school, I'm 16, and I know starting out is rough. I'm just telling it like it is. When I started out, I charged $20-$25 for <1/4 acre property. Now I charge about double. He owns all that equipment that i talked about, and he still doesn't understand that if your prices are low, it's going to take longer for you to pay off your daddy who bought the equipment.

Like i said im not being mean
__________________
Elite Lawn Team <------- Sold my business and now im an employee at CP Landscaping

Gravely
Scag
Ferris
Echo
Stihl
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-17-2011, 08:54 AM
onlythebest onlythebest is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: maple ontario
Posts: 249
My dad dindnt buy me anything nor will he ever... Unless you are referring to the guy charging 15/7500sqft
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-17-2011, 09:31 AM
Wright48's Avatar
Wright48 Wright48 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 219
In my area you have too make 47 an hour to be profitable for cutting grass so the lowest i will bid a lawn is 25 per cut. I have nothing against highschool kids or collage kids working but if you going to do it at least make money at it. Im never worried about the highschool/ collage compitiion because i get a few accounts a year from people starting out with local kid in school doing it , and they get fed up with llack of knowlage, messy job and un reliability.I dont sweat the school kids.

when it comes to illegals im not worried either the market is slowly changing people want a contractor that can speak english and can ensure a quality job. when you have 3 amigos cuts pull up in a beat up truck and rag tag equipment theyll never make it in affluent areas or middle class towns either.People dont mind paying more but they want the customer service and qualitly work for it.
__________________
2003 Chevey 3500 10ft dump
2001 Chevy 4500 Mason dump
2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
7x14 enclosed trailer for lawn maintenance crew
7x20 heavy equipment trailer for hardscaping crew
1 Bobcat
1 Bob cat back hoe ct230
Concret mixer

AND A HELL OF A LOT OF HEADACHES
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-17-2011, 09:36 AM
weezyf weezyf is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wright48 View Post
In my area you have too make 47 an hour to be profitable for cutting grass so the lowest i will bid a lawn is 25 per cut. I have nothing against highschool kids or collage kids working but if you going to do it at least make money at it. Im never worried about the highschool/ collage compitiion because i get a few accounts a year from people starting out with local kid in school doing it , and they get fed up with llack of knowlage, messy job and un reliability.I dont sweat the school kids.

when it comes to illegals im not worried either the market is slowly changing people want a contractor that can speak english and can ensure a quality job. when you have 3 amigos cuts pull up in a beat up truck and rag tag equipment theyll never make it in affluent areas or middle class towns either.People dont mind paying more but they want the customer service and qualitly work for it.
Im glad somebody has some "knowlage" around here lol sorry had to throw that out there.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-17-2011, 11:15 AM
onlythebest onlythebest is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: maple ontario
Posts: 249
Lol that's funny ^
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:33 PM.

Page generated in 0.09714 seconds with 7 queries