Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-17-2011, 12:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well it sure shouldn't take more than 5 mins to do a 10x20 lawn. And yes 100 lawns can be done in a week if majority of these homes are on the same street. unload once/load once. I dont think hes loading his trailer to go over to do the neighbors house! I wish i could've done this when i was his age....think about it, ya he'll be burnt by the time hes 50, who wont be? But he'll be sittin on a warm beach enjoyin life while everyone is still workin. I never knew what i wanted to do when i was his age, this kid already knows what he wants in life and has a huge advantage over the rest of us. So ya, a plan is good! So I say "good job" onlythebest! keep goin man!
Old 02-17-2011, 12:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks sangeef! Thanks for seeing what I see. I have houses on my way out and I have houses on the way back I'm never walking for long distances getting to the next house. The average street has at least 5 lawns to do on it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-21-2011, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Member

My neighbor has a 1/2 acre lot (22000+/-sf). He can push mow the yard in an hour and weed eat in 30 min. So...in terms of 500-1000sf lots, that would be roughly 25-35accounts this kid is mowing in lets say 4-5 hrs and that is generous to the skeptics. How is this not possible? Mowing 100 1000sf accounts is like mowing one 2.5 acre residental lot with a lot of edging and a minimal transport time given his clients properties run together. And for lowballing? Would you pay a 15 yr old kid more than $25 to mow your yard in 10 minutes? I am calculating roughly $125/hr for his crew. I could EASILY get the lots in the pictures he provided done in 10 mins with a 2 man crew.

GOOD FOR YOU KID!
These guys are just hatin because they arent making that with three paragraphs of equipment on their signature.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

15 dollars a cut sounds like my barber