Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-14-2011, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

New cards and Post cards

I ordered my new business cards and my Spring Post Cards Friday
What do you think.
Now if only the snow would go I would be all set.
Attached Images

Ducke's Lawn Care.
and Now
Ducke's Seasonal Decor.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good man ... This is my business card ... http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...9_852681_a.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-15-2011, 06:44 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Your materials suffer from the same thing discussed in another thread, no address, no mention of the area you service.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
Your materials suffer from the same thing discussed in another thread, no address, no mention of the area you service.
Well I did not include my address as I am working out of my home this year (being its my first year) and if things go well I will be moving to a place with a shop next year and don't want to have to change all my letter head next year
as for my service area it is any were I deliver the post cards to.
If your outside of my area then you wont have one of my cards.Besides 98% of my business is word of mouth or face to face. I am not bulk (JUNK) mailing my post cards.
This way as my area grows (an area circular from my home base) I am not having to throw out old post card and print new cards each year.
I can keep using the ones I have till there gone before I print up new ones.
I don't have money to burn, I am on a very tight budget this being my first year as a full time company. I am just trying to do thing the best and most economical way possible.

Ducke's Lawn Care.
and Now
Ducke's Seasonal Decor.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:14 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

$30 for a stack of 500 business cards -- easy to make back in just one mowing, on one property. To me, the tradeoff in paying for a new set of cards for next season is a no-brainer. Business cards are cheap, cheap, cheap, way to market your business. Get one in every hand, on every bulletin board, you can. I have heard from people three years after a put one in their hand. No,not the usual, but the cheap way to get your name, your business, what you do, can be done well with business cards.

I'm astounded at the number of contractors I encounter doing related work (e.g. home improvements, electric fence install, tree service, window cleaning) that respond, "No, I don't have any cards with me, I think I might have some at home." Or, "I ran out and didn't get any new ones." How short-sighted is this? I'm willing to take his card for a referral, and he can't even give me one for my collection. If I see somebody doing work that I think I would recommend, I assemble those cards. Homeowners appreciate having a referral as a place to start for getting a contractor.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
$30 for a stack of 500 business cards -- easy to make back in just one mowing, on one property. To me, the tradeoff in paying for a new set of cards for next season is a no-brainer. Business cards are cheap, cheap, cheap, way to market your business. Get one in every hand, on every bulletin board, you can. I have heard from people three years after a put one in their hand. No,not the usual, but the cheap way to get your name, your business, what you do, can be done well with business cards.

I'm astounded at the number of contractors I encounter doing related work (e.g. home improvements, electric fence install, tree service, window cleaning) that respond, "No, I don't have any cards with me, I think I might have some at home." Or, "I ran out and didn't get any new ones." How short-sighted is this? I'm willing to take his card for a referral, and he can't even give me one for my collection. If I see somebody doing work that I think I would recommend, I assemble those cards. Homeowners appreciate having a referral as a place to start for getting a contractor.
Well cards may be cheap were you are or your getting cheap card either way
I just dished out $130.00+ dollars CDN for 1500 Business Cards. That to me is not cheap but it was the best deal I could find.
I don't even want to tell you how much 500 Post Cards cost me.
I always have cards on me, right now while I wait for my professional cards I am using a home made version of the card that I print 100 at a time on my printer.
I still don't believe I need to put an address on my cards, There is no reason for my potential customer to come to my place. There is nothing here for them to see or buy as it be I have no store etc. I will give my mailing address to my customers once they are my customers.
Now if I had a store or green houses or a like I would put an address on my card, but all I have is a driveway and a shed.
I am of the same belief as you, you should always have a card on you.
I have have a dozen or more in holders in each of my jackets as well as my truck and my car, I have put card stands at the local barber shop, hair salon,corner store, the recycle store down the road and a local family restaurant. I know the importance of having your name out there. I was a salesman for 20 years.
I think we both believe in the same thing just not the address thing but that is no biggie.

Graham

Ducke's Lawn Care.
and Now
Ducke's Seasonal Decor.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:16 PM
LawnSite Member

First off, im sorry you paid that much money for business cards, second, even though its a little late now, I suggest putting an area code on marketing material.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

dude give me a call I know a marketing company that can print got cheap
http://www.carrolltonmarketing.com/i...CING-LIST.html