Scag Cheeta
Toro Grandstand
Scag V Ride
Echo 265T
Stihl FX100RS
Toro G3
Echoe 770 Backpack Blower.
Stihl BR 600 Mag.
First the Cheeta. Not much shorter than a TT. Set a lot higher in the seat. Its fast!! And has some good features. Doesn't ride as good as a Ferris. Ill stay with the TT
Grandstand was nice but just liked the VRide better. Price would sway me one way or the other if the Grandstand cut like the Velocity deck on the VRide.
If you run the 265T right beside the FX100RS you probably would buy the 265T. 265T has no vibration like the Stihl. But I have run both all day and will stick with the 100RS.
770 blower seemed to have more vibration than the BR600. They have took some weight off it. And it has the power. Like the BR 600 better.
G3 was a nice mower. Pretty short coupled and you seat height is about like a TT. Would like to try it in the spring in thick wet grass.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Nice picking of stuff.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

A demo is in REAL working conditions--not a dealers parking lot on the middle of the winter. Mowers get tested in turf area. Blowers get tested in leaf work. Trimmers get tested trimming real grass not standing still at full throtlle in a tit numbing cold parking lot.
what a joke--and obviously a dealerships nightmare!
Old 02-23-2011, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i have found all of the above to be true. but i am not mad at ya.

i test drove a grandstand a year ago and was like, no way this mower could be for me.

well, i demoed one last fall and picked it over the brand we have used for a very long time. it was great.

point being, you cant get any idea of the performance for intended use until using it for so. you will not be right alot of the time
Old 02-24-2011, 09:51 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldclawn View Post
A demo is in REAL working conditions--not a dealers parking lot on the middle of the winter. Mowers get tested in turf area. Blowers get tested in leaf work. Trimmers get tested trimming real grass not standing still at full throtlle in a tit numbing cold parking lot.
what a joke--and obviously a dealerships nightmare!
They had material to blow around. They had rumble strips to drive over. You could put them on the grass and steep hillsides. You could put the weedeaters in the grass if you wanted to also. And it just wasn't demoing equipment, They had speakers and a dinner. It was held at the fairgrounds in Evansville. Should ask before blowing off. And it was excellent for this time of year. Be kinda hard in cutting time due to people being busy. Very large crowd for a dealer event.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

sounds like a great event to me
Old 02-24-2011, 10:20 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
sounds like a great event to me
They call it their Pro Cutters University and your only invited to go. They have People who inspect trailers for DOT requirements to answer questions, people who can make all your shirts, jacket and hats. Echo, Stihl, Toro and Scag reps to answers questions. You can buy all your filters, string, blades, blower racks, trimmer racks and parts at a good discount. And they were there for you to look at and compare. They had the Stihl shoes to try on and buy.
And a very large amount of equipment to run probably 20+ mowers. Everything from WB to ZTR and Standers. And all the Handhelds. It was standing room only, and they had different seminars to attend before eating and demoing equipment.
Hope the dealers in your area hold something like this for you.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

nope.

maybe some of them, but if they do it is in brands we are not interested in, cuz we have a phenominal performing duo of dealers we use and have for many many years and dont plan on switching any time soon
Old 02-24-2011, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Man that sounds like a good time. Nothing like that around my parts but i did get to take 2 grandstands for the day to mow with last fall. Going to pick one up early next week.