Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-15-2011, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Round up License

Having the limited license, we are required to put a sign in yard or shrub bed describing what we sprayed. That being said, where the heck do you get these signs? I looked at blackburn & rnd, but the minimum to order is 1,000. It would take me 10 years to use that many as I only service 250 or so clients a week, with about 30 getting weed control in beds. I was thinking more like 100 signs would do me good for a while, and some of them are reusable. Anyone know where to get less than 1,000? And personalized?
Old 02-15-2011, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlco View Post
Having the limited license, we are required to put a sign in yard or shrub bed describing what we sprayed. That being said, where the heck do you get these signs? I looked at blackburn & rnd, but the minimum to order is 1,000. It would take me 10 years to use that many as I only service 250 or so clients a week, with about 30 getting weed control in beds. I was thinking more like 100 signs would do me good for a while, and some of them are reusable. Anyone know where to get less than 1,000? And personalized?
I have never seen anyone using their limited actually use a sign. Just as the law says that you must contact the persona and inform them that you are applying prior to doing so and you do not see TG or them calling the customer. However if you feel the need, a simple google search will bring many results.

http://www.pgcscientifics.com/FLORID...-p/fl4x5pk.htm

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 02-16-2011, 08:16 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

you dont ever need to put on a sign what chemical you sprayed. The sign simply says something along the lines of "pesticide applied" and a re entry time like "stay off until dry"
Old 02-16-2011, 08:26 AM
LawnSite Member

and log what you sprayed and where you sprayed it.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:28 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYCINC View Post
and log what you sprayed and where you sprayed it.
yup, want to be prepared for your inspection and chemical audit. But for a limited lis. you will likely never need any of this.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:00 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Lesco/Jdl has generic "Pesticide applied, keep off till dry" signs. You can buy in small quantities. Add special notes by hand if needed. Or use a rubber stamp for small quantities. Signs are required in Michigan. But customers seldom pay them any attention. Spray solution dries in 10 minutes.

http://lesco.com/ProdCatalog/ProdCat...rodGroupID=768

Last edited by RigglePLC; 02-16-2011 at 11:03 AM. Reason: add link
Old 02-16-2011, 03:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Going down on march 1st for the class and test wish me luck. I just inquired on the class found they are having one in DeLand on the 1st. So I ordered the study info. today!

For Specific Posting Requirements see:

http://prohort.ifas.ufl.edu/files/pd...Ornamental.pdf

or ( click on "Posting of Lawn and Ornamental Pesticide Applications ")

http://prohort.ifas.ufl.edu/pesticid...ntenance.shtml

I was just planning on using our graphic guy. Have him make them up just like a bandit yard sign but smaller. Wont be using them all day everyday. So I figure this will work. Ill use them adhere to rules and advertise
Old 02-17-2011, 04:00 PM
LawnSite Member

I ordered the study info yesterday and got them today! WOW Books are fairly think. Any advise on which topics to focus on. (test questions). Plan on leaning it all before the class. Dont want to pay $150 and fail!
Old 02-17-2011, 04:11 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-City Outdoors View Post
I ordered the study info yesterday and got them today! WOW Books are fairly think. Any advise on which topics to focus on. (test questions). Plan on leaning it all before the class. Dont want to pay $150 and fail!
If you fail I will refund your money, it is an open book test and probably the easiest exam on the planet. Anyone who fails this test shouldnt be spraying suntan lotion never mind herbicides.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Read a Round up label and you will pass. The books are great info but you won't use them in class.
Posted via Mobile Device