Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-16-2011, 02:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

All Florida Pest Control -Bed Bugs - Cedar Oil

Dade or Palm beach area business, promoting Bed Bug Control.

Cedar Oil and Silica.

any info?
Old 02-16-2011, 04:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayBay View Post
Dade or Palm beach area business, promoting Bed Bug Control.

Cedar Oil and Silica.

any info?
Hay Bay

You really need to be reading Structural Pest Control Forums. There is a ton of information about Bed Bugs. Methods are more important than products

Cedar oil is more of a organic that does repel Bed Bugs Silica Dust is also a natural product that causes loss of energy and moisture. Both of these might be used as Crack and Crevice treatments.

Both are effective if applied properly. An other case of Not WHAT you use but HOW you use it. Realize it has been reported that Bed Bug are 250 times more resistant to pesticide in New York than they are here in Florida. Orlando is the Tourist Capital of Florida and therefore the Bed Bug Capital also at THIS TIME. My area being more of a retirement area has yet to have a big time Bed Bug Problem. Oh sure we have had a few reported Bed Bug Cases, But Myself and many of my local Pest Control friends tell me they have not had the first call.

Bed Bugs are a double edged sword. First they command a big price, But also a lot of Labor but little product. Then the Law suits for treatments gone bad are also common. So far many of us have stayed away from doing Bed Bug Treatment because of Law suits. But I have studied Bed Bugs and I am ready for my first Bed Bug Job.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Big money from what I understand in it here in Orlando Ric. There is a bed bug sniffing dog if you can believe that, he rents out for something like $2500 a day. I am thinking he is most not likely eating Ol' Roy.

I would assume that there is no way for them to develop a resistance to more organic procedures is there ric such as oils????? Since it would essentially just eat away there exoskeloton.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 02-16-2011, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Geist Yard Works View Post
Big money from what I understand in it here in Orlando Ric. There is a bed bug sniffing dog if you can believe that, he rents out for something like $2500 a day. I am thinking he is most not likely eating Ol' Roy.

I would assume that there is no way for them to develop a resistance to more organic procedures is there ric such as oils????? Since it would essentially just eat away there exoskeloton.
Mikey

The dogs can inspect a Hotel room in about 3 minutes compared to 3 hours by a good tech. That where the money come. With Law suits and reputation to maintain, dogs are doing regulator inspection on several Hotel/motels everyday.

I have seen a demonstration of a beagle (Snoopy) in action. The poor dog only gets fed if he finds a verified Bed Bug. Of course the handler has Bed Bugs so the dog stays fed. But the dog still has to find the bed bug to get fed.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 02-16-2011, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ric, you wont believe the stuff I am reading at the few Structural Applicator Forums I found. May be you could pm me a link to a forum, with real applicators and real results.

The dog thing is really great. Dogs are great. They still need to hire a pest control guy.
Wheres Billy the Exterminator, he could get em.

Michael, the Oil would more than likely suffocate them too.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Ric, you wont believe the stuff I am reading at the few Structural Applicator Forums I found. May be you could pm me a link to a forum, with real applicators and real results.

The dog thing is really great. Dogs are great. They still need to hire a pest control guy.
Wheres Billy the Exterminator, he could get em.

Michael, the Oil would more than likely suffocate them too.
Hay Bay

Because Moose River doesn't have Structural Pest Control forums I feel it might be OK with them if a send you links to a structural Bed Bug forum. It is a totally different subject than what is posted on Lawn site.

But first are you Structural licensed and are Bed Bug a problem or a coming problem in Canada?? In my case they aren't here YET, But not far off. I am gearing up ahead of time.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Landscape Exterminator only.

We have no bedbug problems being reported here yet. They are a few hours away.

As you, I am gearing up for the inevitable, even thinking about going to the Structural App and mosquito exams.

If these forums you know are for Licensed Structural Only then don't bother, Ill try and resource another way.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Landscape Exterminator only.

We have no bedbug problems being reported here yet. They are a few hours away.

As you, I am gearing up for the inevitable, even thinking about going to the Structural App and mosquito exams.

If these forums you know are for Licensed Structural Only then don't bother, Ill try and resource another way.
Hay Bay

Moose River wouldn't like me posting their competitive sites not that there are any good ones. LS is the only Green Industry Forum I read or post on. I do read several Structural pest control forums because my grand plan at this time is to get out of L&O and only do inside pest control because of my age.