Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-17-2011, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Thinking about a new skidsteer

Im thinking about buying a new skidsteer.I sold my skidsteer today and started looking at new machines.I have bought new backhoes 10 years ago never a new skidsteer i have only bought used.Any advice on making offers,whos got best finance,warranty,etc.I am still just thinking about this but if the right deal hits the table who knows.I need a 6000lb class machine nothing too big. Thanks for any advice.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I would think there would be some left over machines sitting that you could get some good terms on. There is also a lot of late model stuff out there you might find. I guess it comes down to what you need? I have always found good terms/programs with either New Holland or Case stuff.

Or I could just do a shameless plug saying buy my Mustang MTL16?
Old 02-18-2011, 01:43 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Construction Inc. View Post
Im thinking about buying a new skidsteer.I sold my skidsteer today and started looking at new machines.I have bought new backhoes 10 years ago never a new skidsteer i have only bought used.Any advice on making offers,whos got best finance,warranty,etc.I am still just thinking about this but if the right deal hits the table who knows.I need a 6000lb class machine nothing too big. Thanks for any advice.

One thing you need to know is that skid steers are classed by ROC or Rated Operating Capacity. You will want to consider if you want a radial lift machine or vertical lift. Radial lift machines are sold as primarily excavating machines and vertical lift machines are primarily for as lift and carry type tasks. Warranty tends to be pretty standard at 1 year total coverage with no hourly limit. CASE also offers a 2 year engine warranty, others may as well.
I would jump on a couple websites and start looking over some machines and seeing what is offered.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:49 AM
LawnSite Member

I like the new holland machines i have spent many hours on them.We used to have two new holland dealers within 30 min both say that they are no longer selling them.I am going to look at the 317 D looks like a nice machine.We use the machine to grade around homes,Auger for fence,Move materials around job site,Snow removal.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Member

i just got taught a lesson today on takechi (cant spell it or say it) i know a very reputable mechanic who just told me all the differences between these and the other track machines out there WOW what a difference i think im going to take a look at one of these takeuchi...i guess they just doesnt have the marketing as the others??
Old 02-22-2011, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Takeuchi's are just awesome machines, they were so far ahead of the CTL curve before anyone else was and they don't need to keep improving their machines just to keep up.

I really regret not buying my TL130 earlier, there is just so much power on tap and that roll up front window is a blessing.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-22-2011, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmikka View Post
i just got taught a lesson today on takechi (cant spell it or say it) i know a very reputable mechanic who just told me all the differences between these and the other track machines out there WOW what a difference i think im going to take a look at one of these takeuchi...i guess they just doesnt have the marketing as the others??
You can call them TK, Takkie or whatever you like.

I think being outside the main 'name' brand hurts and they don't have a great dealer network(I think) can work against them. TK should update the cab some, not to make it yuppieish but put some thought and make it more functional. I think if they had used a different style track that would have cut down on the rough riding complaints.

You can also check out Mustang and Gehl versions.(shameless plug, I'm selling mine...).
Old 02-22-2011, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
Takeuchi's are just awesome machines, they were so far ahead of the CTL curve before anyone else was and they don't need to keep improving their machines just to keep up.

I really regret not buying my TL130 earlier, there is just so much power on tap and that roll up front window is a blessing.
Posted via Mobile Device
Just think Ron if you could have skipped your Bobcat and Cat phase, how much could you have saved?
Old 02-23-2011, 10:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
Just think Ron if you could have skipped your Bobcat and Cat phase, how much could you have saved?

No kidding, everything would be paid for and I could be married with a mistress on the side.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-23-2011, 11:47 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
No kidding, everything would be paid for and I could be married with a mistress on the side.
Posted via Mobile Device
Ron u truly are a glass half full guy LOL