Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-22-2012, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

anyone looking to plow this season. we are looking for subs all over! 412-527-5196
Old 09-25-2012, 09:00 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Grubs....

Has anybody seen evidence of grubs in recent weeks, that is large chunks of sod torn out by skunks, racoons, or whoever else is trying to get at the grubs?

In past years, the time for this to start has been around September 5-10. But, this season, I have seen no turf being torn out, nor have I seen any evidence of turf damage done by grubs. Anybody else?

What happened to the "buggy" Summer that was predicted by all? With the very warm late Winter and early Spring, many "experts" were saying that the Summer would be a very bad season for bugs. Many bugs that normally would not have survived the Winter and Spring would be around in high populations for the Summer. In my experience and observation, not so. The Japanese Beetle would have been a good example of those who survived and would have been out in high numbers. Anybody else?
Old 09-25-2012, 10:25 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
Grubs....

Has anybody seen evidence of grubs in recent weeks, that is large chunks of sod torn out by skunks, racoons, or whoever else is trying to get at the grubs?

In past years, the time for this to start has been around September 5-10. But, this season, I have seen no turf being torn out, nor have I seen any evidence of turf damage done by grubs. Anybody else?

What happened to the "buggy" Summer that was predicted by all? With the very warm late Winter and early Spring, many "experts" were saying that the Summer would be a very bad season for bugs. Many bugs that normally would not have survived the Winter and Spring would be around in high populations for the Summer. In my experience and observation, not so. The Japanese Beetle would have been a good example of those who survived and would have been out in high numbers. Anybody else?
I had 3 with grubs this year. All were treated in the past 2 weeks to kill them
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-25-2012, 01:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter1 View Post
anyone looking to plow this season. we are looking for subs all over! 412-527-5196
any ones in venango county?
craftsman 22 in with bagger
craftsman 42 in rider
BG55 Stihl Leaf Blower
Toro 21 Inch with Bagger
John Deere Z425 with mulch kit
john deer z425 54 in deck
BR600 Stihl Backpack
Stihl FS90 Trimmer With Brush cutter attatchment
Stihl FS-90Trimmer W/Edger attatchment
Stihl fs-90 Trimmer
crap load of hand tools
PA065297
www.dunlapslawncare.com
Old 09-25-2012, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
Grubs....

Roger that Roger, the skunks have been busy the past few weeks, they must be getting ready for a big winter.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Haven't noticed any sod torn up around here, but when I was up in Warren County 2 weeks ago, the cabin we rented had a large area torn up by somebody(s) looking for grubs

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 09-25-2012, 07:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Chevy View Post
Haven't noticed any sod torn up around here, but when I was up in Warren County 2 weeks ago, the cabin we rented had a large area torn up by somebody(s) looking for grubs
I've seen a few of my places out in Butler county with that issue but that's bout it!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-26-2012, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Nothing in Venango. Sorry.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I've seen a lot of lawns with grass torn up in recent weeks. Most are near wooded areas.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What a miserable day. Should of never loaded up the trailer. Only got a few done, so I will be playing catch up the rest of the week anyway.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
n'at!