Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-06-2013, 11:24 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hello

Where in Venango? I've spent a lot of time in Fanklin and Titisville and surrounding area. I love NW PA

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 02-06-2013, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

(Not so) Beautiful Oil City, PA
Old 02-07-2013, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone need a grassgobler?
Old 02-08-2013, 01:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMarshall View Post
(Not so) Beautiful Oil City, PA
I used to spend some time up in that area. What a dreadful and miserable place. It is the land time forget, by atleast 5 years. The positive, if the world comes to an end you still have 5 years to live in the OC.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-11-2013, 09:59 AM
LawnSite Member

Landscaping business for sale - robinson township, pa

I am interested in selling my successful landscape business in Robinson Township (near the Pittsburgh airport).

I currently have 30 commercial accounts for snow removal season (I normally gross $150K/year).

I also have an account base of 50 commercial/residential accounts for the growing season (I normally gross $250K/year).

I also have all of the equipment for both seasons - but I am not interested in selling my equipment until I sell my business. If anyone is interested in buying both the business and equipment , I can send you my equipment list.
I have owned my business for over 20 years and have an excellent client retention rate.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGH View Post
I am interested in selling my successful landscape business in Robinson Township (near the Pittsburgh airport).

I currently have 30 commercial accounts for snow removal season (I normally gross $150K/year).

I also have an account base of 50 commercial/residential accounts for the growing season (I normally gross $250K/year).

I also have all of the equipment for both seasons - but I am not interested in selling my equipment until I sell my business. If anyone is interested in buying both the business and equipment , I can send you my equipment list.
I have owned my business for over 20 years and have an excellent client retention rate.
Do you fertilize any of these accounts?

Rob
www.customturfinc.com
Old 02-11-2013, 10:10 AM
LawnSite Member

Hello - I am selling an established landscaping business in Robinson Township that I have owned for 25 years. Any interest? I have a full service business and I do summer and winter work, rent a garage for a reasonable and have all the equipment and the employees. Ready to go! I am trying to get an 8-5 job and relocate.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:18 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Sweep View Post
Do you fertilize any of these accounts?
Yes - forgot to mention that.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:45 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Suggestions on engine repair

I am seeking some suggestions on engine repair. I know many of those on the Western PA board are from north of Pittsburgh, but I would like someplace south. I am about 15 miles SW of Pittsburgh.

My Kaw has a slow oil leak. It is a 19hp, twin cylinder, driving my John Deere 717A. The oil leak is from the "bottom" of the engine. I'm sorry I cannot be more specific. All I can see is the oil coming off the engine deck, at the rear. It could be an oil seal on the lower end of the crank, but could be something more serious.

I usually do all my own repair work, but do not want to tackle something this project. It is beyond what I believe I am capable.

This machine, nor any of my machines, has been to a repair shop. I don't have any experiences, either positive or negative, about quality of work, costs, response, etc.

I did check with one shop, but they only put your equipment in the que upon arrival, and leave the machine sit outside until ready to work. My machines have never sat outside, and don't like this arrangement. Without finding something else, this may be my best path.

Any suggestions that are within a reasonable distance?

Thanks.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
I am seeking some suggestions on engine repair. I know many of those on the Western PA board are from north of Pittsburgh, but I would like someplace south. I am about 15 miles SW of Pittsburgh.

My Kaw has a slow oil leak. It is a 19hp, twin cylinder, driving my John Deere 717A. The oil leak is from the "bottom" of the engine. I'm sorry I cannot be more specific. All I can see is the oil coming off the engine deck, at the rear. It could be an oil seal on the lower end of the crank, but could be something more serious.

I usually do all my own repair work, but do not want to tackle something this project. It is beyond what I believe I am capable.

This machine, nor any of my machines, has been to a repair shop. I don't have any experiences, either positive or negative, about quality of work, costs, response, etc.

I did check with one shop, but they only put your equipment in the que upon arrival, and leave the machine sit outside until ready to work. My machines have never sat outside, and don't like this arrangement. Without finding something else, this may be my best path.

Any suggestions that are within a reasonable distance?

Thanks.
Tough one. Most of the deere dealers are gone up this way. There is one former dealer on rt 8 that still repairs Deere. It is called critchlow enterprises, they now sell gravely. I looked at a pushmower in there last summer and the repair guy said they still fix Deere. Seemed like decent people I would of had no problem buying something there. The gravely pushmower was simply too heavy though it was built like a tank.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
n'at!