Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-03-2014, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking of something like this. I was going to build it out of wood and fabricate it so everything has a position.

The steel seems very difficult to fabricate correctly. I will have a handheld blower facing foward, 2 gas cans, saftey cones, and a backpack blower mounted to the side of it.

I can certainly see 1 major drawback.... weight! That pressure treated lumber sure is heavy! Anyway I'm going to give it a whirl tomorrow and see what I come up with.
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2014, 09:09 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I've wanted a basket like that. I think wood is going to be super heavy. You can buy a pre made metal one
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-04-2014, 09:25 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsLocalLawn View Post
I was thinking of something like this. I was going to build it out of wood and fabricate it so everything has a position.

The steel seems very difficult to fabricate correctly. I will have a handheld blower facing foward, 2 gas cans, saftey cones, and a backpack blower mounted to the side of it.

I can certainly see 1 major drawback.... weight! That pressure treated lumber sure is heavy! Anyway I'm going to give it a whirl tomorrow and see what I come up with.
I definitely wouldn't do it out of wood, and steel really isn't hard to work with if you can weld half decently. And if not like Scott said you also can buy them pre-made and they're pretty cheap...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-04-2014, 09:33 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

One of those on my stubby, little 8' trailer would be like adding a second level.

And yeah, I would think that using wood may take up a lot of space and weight in order to make it strong enough. I'd start looking for a welder.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:44 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakNut View Post
One of those on my stubby, little 8' trailer would be like adding a second level.

And yeah, I would think that using wood may take up a lot of space and weight in order to make it strong enough. I'd start looking for a welder.
Hey if you want to stop by my shop today I can show you how to change that head. I will be there from 11 - 2 ish
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-04-2014, 04:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Got the speed feed head on today. Didn't take that much to figure out. The fs56 took the Green adapter not the gold one that the fs90 takes.

Speaking of fs90.... my 4 year old fs90r is starting to show some age. It runs but won't idle correctly....will just die off. If you hold the trigger it runs just fine, possibly a carb issue I presume? No biggie will fiddle with it later.

The weather was awful today so I didn't get a chance to work on the trailer. I'm focused on my walk behind at the moment. It's a fixed deck belt drive I want to raise the deck all the way up and drop the blades all the way down. Will take a pic because the rear axle is not adjustable!
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2014, 05:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

[QUOTE=JimsLocalLawn;5004098...

Speaking of fs90.... my 4 year old fs90r is starting to show some age. It runs but won't idle correctly....will just die off. If you hold the trigger it runs just fine, possibly a carb issue I presume? No biggie will fiddle with it later.

...:[/QUOTE]

FS90, sounds like a new Gasket & Diaphram in the carb will help. The diaphram has gotten too weak to maintain fuel flow at low speeds.

This may help,

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=330096
Old 04-06-2014, 09:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Still have everything!
Old 04-06-2014, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I wish I needed something! I have too much stuff as it is, and I don't even use most of it. Haha

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 04-06-2014, 12:49 PM
LawnSite Member

I hear ya Tim... As of now it looks like the whole family is getting used string trimmers for Christmas

Tags
n'at!