Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-04-2014, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmos123 View Post
Hey guys, I am finally here in PA!!! We first went to Uniontown even though someone advised us not to. He was right though, so we have found a rental in Greensburg. This area is MUCH nicer than Uniontown. (Sorry to anyone from Uniontown)
Does anyone here have lawns in the Greensburg area? From what I have seen it seems like a nice area with potential for business.
Cool. If you have guns and a 4x4 you'll feel right at home!
I suspect you made a good choice.

Welcome to PA!
Old 07-04-2014, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakNut View Post
Cool. If you have guns and a 4x4 you'll feel right at home!
I suspect you made a good choice.

Welcome to PA!
Guns yes 4x4 not yet. So far we are likin the area, but we have been living in a Motel with 3 kids, so that is getting OLD and EXPENSIVE!
Should be moving into our home this weekend, then gonna try to nab some late season customers.

Are there any flat areas any where here LOL!
Old 07-05-2014, 09:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Flat area what is that?
Old 07-05-2014, 11:26 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmos123 View Post
Guns yes 4x4 not yet. So far we are likin the area, but we have been living in a Motel with 3 kids, so that is getting OLD and EXPENSIVE!
Should be moving into our home this weekend, then gonna try to nab some late season customers.

Are there any flat areas any where here LOL!
Flat? Nope.

You'll get a good bit of snow in that area too, so 4x4s aren't just for looking cool.

Old 07-05-2014, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpmaster View Post
Flat area what is that?
The kitchen table...
Old 07-05-2014, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Man, this "day off" stuff is nice. I should try it more often.

I busted my ass and got almost everyone done early this week and only had to mow 3 small jobs yesterday (4th of July).
I still have a bunch of extra work I need to get to (hedges, hedges, and more hedges), but I said "screw it - I'm taking a day off."

I've done nothing productive today - and I don't feel bad about it.

I generally don't work Sundays either, but I do volunteer work at the animal shelter with my wife on Sundays pretty regularly, so today's "stay at home and do nothing" day was a rare treat.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakNut View Post
Man, this "day off" stuff is nice. I should try it more often.

I busted my ass and got almost everyone done early this week and only had to mow 3 small jobs yesterday (4th of July).
I still have a bunch of extra work I need to get to (hedges, hedges, and more hedges), but I said "screw it - I'm taking a day off."

I've done nothing productive today - and I don't feel bad about it.

I generally don't work Sundays either, but I do volunteer work at the animal shelter with my wife on Sundays pretty regularly, so today's "stay at home and do nothing" day was a rare treat.
Looking forward to a day off tomorrow too. I'm gonna don the speedo and head to the pool with my wife and try to even out the farmers tan before the honeymoon.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:05 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
The kitchen table...
Oh ya. I think business is good round here cause if you are tough an do not mind cutting hills there is not much competition. Like someone out of shape with a fancy mower does not have a chance round here n'at!
Old 07-08-2014, 08:07 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McG_Landscaping View Post
Anyone looking to buy a landscape company? I'm really trying to get out. Around 100 accounts with 85+ being weekly. All equipment except one walk behind and 2 trucks. Enough to keep 4 guys busy for 50 hours a week. Also plenty of landscape work
Posted via Mobile Device
I have thought about getting out as well. For now I am still in. I have dropped some customers and thinned the route down a bit. I will only accept new business in neighborhoods I currently work in. I have pulled all lettering off of the trucks and have told current customers not to reccomend me to anyone unless they are on same street. Just trying to get this year over with and regroup over the winter.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-08-2014, 01:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey guys just checking in! Hope all is well in the landscaping and lawn care world. I gather it's been a rough season rain wise. I've talked to a couple of you sporadically.

I also wanna throw this out there. I couldn't completely step out of the self employment world, and started an independent distributorship with a health and nutrition company. I've been hooked on pop and five hour energy drinks for years and I know many of you understand why, especially if you plow. I kicked those habits in a matter of days with one of the supplements. If anyone has any interest at all, let me know! I also dropped 35 pounds on some of their other products, and have kept it off and continue to lose. For those of you who don't know me personally I was a college offensive lineman up near 300 pounds. I wish someone had shown me this stuff while I was still landscaping.

With that said, I'll leave you with this. Never forget why you got in this industry. The days you're stressed because of a week straight of rain will just be replaced with different stress if you decide to quit. There is nothing like being self employed. Keep up the good work!

Tags
n'at!