Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #301  
Old 04-26-2011, 09:19 PM
deere615's Avatar
deere615 deere615 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: McKees Rocks, PA
Posts: 5,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Chevy View Post
I have a big lunch box I can fit a gallon jug of water in plus my lunch and wallet, etc. I might need to start bringing more water though, I can down a gallon quick if it's hot an humid like Monday was.
ya me too, get yourself a nice water jug, another thing I do is use 2 smaller tupper ware containers and freeze 2 big chunks of ice every night and use those rather than icecubes. works better lasts longer saves icecubes and is easier.
__________________
BOSETTI LAWN CARE
www.bosettilawncare.com
23 years old~5 years in business~Fully Insured~LLC
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD


6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=242555
Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/bobcat61590
Reply With Quote
  #302  
Old 04-26-2011, 09:25 PM
93Chevy's Avatar
93Chevy 93Chevy is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 32,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by deere615 View Post
ya me too, get yourself a nice water jug, another thing I do is use 2 smaller tupper ware containers and freeze 2 big chunks of ice every night and use those rather than icecubes. works better lasts longer saves icecubes and is easier.
I'll have to take a pic of my lunch box "setup" tomorrow. I've got a good system. My lunch box is so big, I'd hate to have to carry a 1 gallon or 2 gallon bucket with me. There's barely enough room in the truck as it is.
__________________
"Please report all incidents of vomitus and fecal contamination to management immediately"

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Reply With Quote
  #303  
Old 04-26-2011, 09:26 PM
Roger Roger is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: McMurray, PA
Posts: 5,771
deere, ... I had drink in a cooler. But, I just "forget" to drink, ... too focused on what else I am doing.

Strange day, but I think the variation in the area was wide. We just missed a T-storm about 12:30. It slide north of us. But, we got hammered about 3:45, and had to quit. I went back about 6:30, and finished the job that was partially done. It was my worst job to get rained out -- about 2" growth since my last cut on Saturday, and "mushy green" wet with very high moisture content, and having to bag off the clippings. In the end, it looked fine. I have two jobs that are on a twice per week schedule now. The excessive moisture is just making the turf explode!
Reply With Quote
  #304  
Old 04-26-2011, 09:30 PM
93Chevy's Avatar
93Chevy 93Chevy is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 32,091
Oh, these lawns are terrible. Some could be cut every 3 days! Especially with the nitrogen from the crabgrass pre-m. We just don't have time to do as good of job as I'd like, but I guess it looks "good enough" at the end of the day.
__________________
"Please report all incidents of vomitus and fecal contamination to management immediately"

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Reply With Quote
  #305  
Old 04-26-2011, 09:46 PM
deere615's Avatar
deere615 deere615 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: McKees Rocks, PA
Posts: 5,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Chevy View Post
I'll have to take a pic of my lunch box "setup" tomorrow. I've got a good system. My lunch box is so big, I'd hate to have to carry a 1 gallon or 2 gallon bucket with me. There's barely enough room in the truck as it is.
haha, ya I hear you on the truck space and yes it sucks carrying all that, having another guy and all that stuff in a single cab is tight. An I have seen other mowing companies with single cabs and 3 guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
deere, ... I had drink in a cooler. But, I just "forget" to drink, ... too focused on what else I am doing.

Strange day, but I think the variation in the area was wide. We just missed a T-storm about 12:30. It slide north of us. But, we got hammered about 3:45, and had to quit. I went back about 6:30, and finished the job that was partially done. It was my worst job to get rained out -- about 2" growth since my last cut on Saturday, and "mushy green" wet with very high moisture content, and having to bag off the clippings. In the end, it looked fine. I have two jobs that are on a twice per week schedule now. The excessive moisture is just making the turf explode!
same thing happened here i thought we were going to get it at 1230 there but we got lucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Chevy View Post
Oh, these lawns are terrible. Some could be cut every 3 days! Especially with the nitrogen from the crabgrass pre-m. We just don't have time to do as good of job as I'd like, but I guess it looks "good enough" at the end of the day.
I say that every spring lol
__________________
BOSETTI LAWN CARE
www.bosettilawncare.com
23 years old~5 years in business~Fully Insured~LLC
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD


6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=242555
Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/bobcat61590
Reply With Quote
  #306  
Old 04-26-2011, 09:49 PM
93Chevy's Avatar
93Chevy 93Chevy is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 32,091
I should ask for an extended cab truck just so I can have the lunch box space
__________________
"Please report all incidents of vomitus and fecal contamination to management immediately"

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Reply With Quote
  #307  
Old 04-26-2011, 09:59 PM
deere615's Avatar
deere615 deere615 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: McKees Rocks, PA
Posts: 5,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Chevy View Post
I should ask for an extended cab truck just so I can have the lunch box space
Haha lol ya I its times like this I would like one but when plowing and backing up trailers I like regular cabs way better
__________________
BOSETTI LAWN CARE
www.bosettilawncare.com
23 years old~5 years in business~Fully Insured~LLC
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD


6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=242555
Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/bobcat61590
Reply With Quote
  #308  
Old 04-27-2011, 09:50 PM
deere615's Avatar
deere615 deere615 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: McKees Rocks, PA
Posts: 5,664
How did everyone make out today, anyone get hit with the storm? Couple little sprinkles then It hit us doing a commercial account about 4 and poured for 5-10 minutes then all dried out.
__________________
BOSETTI LAWN CARE
www.bosettilawncare.com
23 years old~5 years in business~Fully Insured~LLC
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD


6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=242555
Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/bobcat61590
Reply With Quote
  #309  
Old 04-27-2011, 09:56 PM
93Chevy's Avatar
93Chevy 93Chevy is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 32,091
Yeah, it was hot and humid all day until about 430, then it cooled down, showered for a few minutes, then it was clear again.
__________________
"Please report all incidents of vomitus and fecal contamination to management immediately"

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Reply With Quote
  #310  
Old 04-27-2011, 10:37 PM
Bumpmaster's Avatar
Bumpmaster Bumpmaster is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pittsburgh Pa
Posts: 11,327
Nothing lick the wind pulling a third shift.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
n'at!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:11 AM.

Page generated in 0.09509 seconds with 8 queries