Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-13-2011, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey gang! Any of you do paver work? I've done some but I really dislike it and avoid it but would gladly refer the business. This is a personal lead that has come from a friend of the family.

Servicing Greater Pittsburgh & Surrounding Areas
Old 05-13-2011, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Man, pavers is where it's at...big money.

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 05-14-2011, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Had some stuff stolen this evening in Robinson guys, if anyone sees or hears anything let me know thanks
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...08#post4027908
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD

6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=242555
Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/bobcat61590
Old 05-16-2011, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Sorry to hear! I'm always on craigslist, so I added a sticky note to my desk. If I see related equipment I'll let you know. I need to keep this in mind tho, I always make the mistake of running into the store with a loaded truck/trailer. People like this disgust me.

Servicing Greater Pittsburgh & Surrounding Areas
Old 05-16-2011, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

What's up guys? Looking forward to another wet week?

Old 05-16-2011, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

After a slow start this morning, I made full Monday schedule. At 9:00 a.m. this morning, I never thought it might be possible.

I think today marks the most significant growth in one week. Every yard today had the most growth of the season. All were mowed last Monday (a nice day, remember?). Anybody else determine the same thing?

All day the grass was wet underneath. The heavy cloud cover and the high humidity never allowed the grass to dry. I was out after 7:30, and by then, the evening humidity had really set in. Despite all the wetness, mowing worked surprisingly well. All yards were left in good shape.

However, many places the ground is just sopping wet. In some places, I found sitting water. I just don't recall a long period of time in the Spring when the ground has been so wet.

All day, I felt that drizzle and/or sprinkles could come at any time. But, I just kept working, job to job, not knowing if I would make a dry visit to the next one.

The overnight forecast may give us some rain, but nothing heavy. Tomorrow may be rain-free from a good portion of the day. But, late in the day a block of rain will be coming up from the SE (no, not from the west, or NE). It sounds like Tuesday night may be heavy rain for some periods, with a slackening of rain on Wednesday. Whoooo, what a challenge!
Old 05-16-2011, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
After a slow start this morning, I made full Monday schedule. At 9:00 a.m. this morning, I never thought it might be possible.

I think today marks the most significant growth in one week. Every yard today had the most growth of the season. All were mowed last Monday (a nice day, remember?). Anybody else determine the same thing?

All day the grass was wet underneath. The heavy cloud cover and the high humidity never allowed the grass to dry. I was out after 7:30, and by then, the evening humidity had really set in. Despite all the wetness, mowing worked surprisingly well. All yards were left in good shape.

However, many places the ground is just sopping wet. In some places, I found sitting water. I just don't recall a long period of time in the Spring when the ground has been so wet.

All day, I felt that drizzle and/or sprinkles could come at any time. But, I just kept working, job to job, not knowing if I would make a dry visit to the next one.

The overnight forecast may give us some rain, but nothing heavy. Tomorrow may be rain-free from a good portion of the day. But, late in the day a block of rain will be coming up from the SE (no, not from the west, or NE). It sounds like Tuesday night may be heavy rain for some periods, with a slackening of rain on Wednesday. Whoooo, what a challenge!

I hear you there. I was thinking the same thing about the heavy growth this week. But we managed to get everything done. The Triavantage deck did pretty well today.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

All this rain has really beat me down. I feel like I am in the movie "Groundhog Day", every morning I look out the window and it is raining. Every week is a struggle just to get the yards mowed. I have already recieved calls for brushcutting. These jobs I will only do when it is dry, so they are pushed until June.

On Saturday night my basement drain backed up leaving 4 inches of water on the floor. Spent all day Sunday cleaning. The woods surrounding my house look like a rain forest. I already gave up on my own property. I keep the front yard mowed and the fenced in area neat, but the rest of the property is overgrown. The sad part is that I do not even care.
Toro super recycler
Husky trimmers
Echo trimmers
Husky BP blower
DR commercial brushmower-17HP Kaw/30" deck
Echo stick edger
Polaris Sportsman 500
2006 F-150 Supercrew
Old 05-17-2011, 10:44 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

This rain has been killing me as I'm sure it's killing everyone else too - hard to keep up on the lawns and trying to fit a landscaping job in here and there... makes for some really long, wet days - it's miserable!

2014 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4
2013 Chevy Silverado 3500 4x4 Dump
2005 Chevy Silverado 1500
2013 7x16 Big Tex
2010 6x10 Big Tex
Buyers 2YD Poly Spreader
52" Scag Cheetah
48" Exmark Turf Tracer
48" Exmark Viking
18HP Little Wonder Vac
Toro Snowblowers
Stihl Handhelds

www.prestonlawnscapes.com

My work - http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=351577&page=13
Old 05-17-2011, 11:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey guys my name is Mike and I work out of the South Hills. I am new on here but its cool to meet local guys. Hope everyone is having a good year!

Tags
n'at!