Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #731  
Old 04-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Pressedun Pressedun is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 32,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by McG_Landscaping View Post
Oaknut were you mowing over on long ave in penn hills today
Posted via Mobile Device
That's where Scotty B lives!
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #732  
Old 04-05-2012, 07:45 PM
OakNut's Avatar
OakNut OakNut is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 2,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by McG_Landscaping View Post
Oaknut were you mowing over on long ave in penn hills today
Posted via Mobile Device

LOL!


Long Road. Yup! I waved when you beeped!

The funny thing is that when you mentioned looking for me when you're out this way, I thought "Well, I rarely work in Penn Hills, so chances are really slim".

I thought I recognized the name on the truck when you beeped and had to laugh at the irony.
I was doing the season's first cut there. I picked it up midway through last season. Couldn't recall where the "holes" were, so I used my 21" Toro rather than banging my brand new Ferris around.

Speaking of the Ferris. Today is one of my "city" days, so I didn't have my trailer. I started in Edgewood, then Squirrel Hill, and headed back this way for two more cuts near home.

Did you recognize my truck from one of my dozens of photos I post?
Reply With Quote
  #733  
Old 04-05-2012, 09:32 PM
McG_Landscaping's Avatar
McG_Landscaping McG_Landscaping is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 14,632
I did. I actually saw you when i was coming back from the nursery and i did a double take. I was going to stop but i wasnt sure if it was you or not
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #734  
Old 04-05-2012, 10:18 PM
OakNut's Avatar
OakNut OakNut is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 2,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by McG_Landscaping View Post
I did. I actually saw you when i was coming back from the nursery and i did a double take. I was going to stop but i wasnt sure if it was you or not
Posted via Mobile Device

BTW, I'm currently working on vinyl lettering for the truck.
That should that the guesswork out of it.

I was in FastSigns in Monroeville the other day, but it doesn't look promising. I found a color in the sample book to match my truck color, but it didn't sound like he was too interested in ordering a roll of that color just for me and kept pushing a "silver" that is "close".
I'm about to order the stuff online and apply it myself.
Reply With Quote
  #735  
Old 04-06-2012, 12:59 AM
McG_Landscaping's Avatar
McG_Landscaping McG_Landscaping is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 14,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakNut View Post
BTW, I'm currently working on vinyl lettering for the truck.
That should that the guesswork out of it.

I was in FastSigns in Monroeville the other day, but it doesn't look promising. I found a color in the sample book to match my truck color, but it didn't sound like he was too interested in ordering a roll of that color just for me and kept pushing a "silver" that is "close".
I'm about to order the stuff online and apply it myself.
Theres a place in the north hills i was going to check out (printworx) or i was going to see where brad bosetti got his done (deere615). He said he liked his graphics guy. I want to get both trucks lettered sooner rather than later
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #736  
Old 04-06-2012, 09:28 PM
OakNut's Avatar
OakNut OakNut is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 2,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by McG_Landscaping View Post
Theres a place in the north hills i was going to check out (printworx) or i was going to see where brad bosetti got his done (deere615). He said he liked his graphics guy. I want to get both trucks lettered sooner rather than later
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm open to suggestions. I'm not made of money, but I'm willing to pay for quality and service. I told the guy at FastSigns that if he can get me that color, I'd be getting all of my lettering from them. Haven't heard back from him.

I tried the place on Rodi Road in Penn Hills, as I like to support the local guy, but I was less than impressed with his attitude. Getting answers to simple questions was like pulling teeth. I got the impression that he'd prefer not dealing with "a guy with just one truck".
Reply With Quote
  #737  
Old 04-06-2012, 10:36 PM
McG_Landscaping's Avatar
McG_Landscaping McG_Landscaping is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 14,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakNut View Post
I'm open to suggestions. I'm not made of money, but I'm willing to pay for quality and service. I told the guy at FastSigns that if he can get me that color, I'd be getting all of my lettering from them. Haven't heard back from him.

I tried the place on Rodi Road in Penn Hills, as I like to support the local guy, but I was less than impressed with his attitude. Getting answers to simple questions was like pulling teeth. I got the impression that he'd prefer not dealing with "a guy with just one truck".
I want to have someone do both of my trucks. the guy I use for shirts and hoodies said he can do it but I dont know how the quality of his truck lettering would be. Hes great for shirts but I dont think I want him doing my graphics
__________________
2008 F250 Superduty - EZ Dumper
2008 F250 Superduty - EZ Dumper
2003 F350 Superduty
2002 6x12 Single Axle Landscaping Trailer
2013 7x16 Quality Equipment Trailer
1994 5x8 Lone Wolf Trailer

Exmark, Snapper, Ferris, Encore, Billy Goat, Honda, Echo, Stihl, Husky, and Ryan

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=344647
http://www.mcginnlandscaping.com
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/McG...30091293747444
Reply With Quote
  #738  
Old 04-09-2012, 09:10 PM
deere615's Avatar
deere615 deere615 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: McKees Rocks, PA
Posts: 5,664
guys got my lettering done at quicksigns in coraopolis, their service and work is A++ and prices are more than fair. they make any of my signs stickers lettering etc. Scott who is your shirt guy? I am no longer going to mine, he left me hanging and jerked jpeglawnmaintenance around too. Tried 2 different places and didnt like them think I found a good one going to meet them tomorrow before class
__________________
BOSETTI LAWN CARE
www.bosettilawncare.com
23 years old~5 years in business~Fully Insured~LLC
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD


6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=242555
Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/bobcat61590
Reply With Quote
  #739  
Old 04-09-2012, 11:12 PM
McG_Landscaping's Avatar
McG_Landscaping McG_Landscaping is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 14,632
Its rockitink.com. hes located out on route 8. Nice guy and shirts have been quality
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #740  
Old 04-10-2012, 08:28 AM
Bumpmaster's Avatar
Bumpmaster Bumpmaster is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pittsburgh Pa
Posts: 11,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressedun View Post
That's where Scotty B lives!
Posted via Mobile Device
__________________
Lawnman
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
n'at!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:56 AM.

Page generated in 0.08978 seconds with 8 queries