Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-03-2012, 06:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Tire problems

I have 14hrs on my 36'' RH and seem to have encountered something that gouged the sidewall pretty good. it's not flat but not sure how long it'll last and would rather replace it while the machine is new so one tire isn't larger than the other and i don't have to replace both. problem is I can't find the carlisle multi trac in an 18x8-10 anywhere. says its discontinued. what gives and how can I go about getting one? can i buy one direct from wright?
Old 05-03-2012, 08:45 AM
Sponsor

kawakx125,

Carlisle stopped selling the tires in the aftermarket but still provides them to us for the WSES/RH model line. They are available thru our dealers and the part number is 72410023.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

thank you, I was wondering about that. i did some more searching and there are a select few places i've found them for sale online but it alarmed me when i couldn't find them on carlisles site. i'll check with the dealer first and see, my local one is generally outrageous on prices.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

$148 for a tire????? holy crap! any other options for me that you guys have had luck with that is an outrageous price for a tire
Old 05-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Sponsor

kawakx125,

Higher than our recommended, try Russo Power Equipment in Chicago, they do an online store.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:08 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You could just put an inner tube in the tire. That would be a permanent fix and much cheaper.

Soli Deo Gloria
Old 05-06-2012, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightCommercial View Post
kawakx125,

Higher than our recommended, try Russo Power Equipment in Chicago, they do an online store.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.
Before calling dealers in another state I would ask your dealer to double check the price with the distributor. Wright had an absurd price increase on alot of stuff last August. Just recently they decided to drop the prices on some parts back into the realm of reality. This part number is one of those parts that had a price change in the last month or month and a half.

I will check the new vs old MSRPs tomorrow morning.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:18 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawakx125 View Post
$148 for a tire????? holy crap! any other options for me that you guys have had luck with that is an outrageous price for a tire
MSRP from our distributor was $149.41. It just changed to $99.10. There is no new updated price list that I know of yet. I found out about this in a phone call. Wright changed this and the Reliance front wheel assembly price. That front wheel was like 175 and down to 113 now...it was 95 before last August.

Unfortunately you are SOL with a 36" machine. You need that size and have to get it from Wright. The larger decks can use a slightly wider tire.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs View Post
MSRP from our distributor was $149.41. It just changed to $99.10. There is no new updated price list that I know of yet. I found out about this in a phone call. Wright changed this and the Reliance front wheel assembly price. That front wheel was like 175 and down to 113 now...it was 95 before last August.

Unfortunately you are SOL with a 36" machine. You need that size and have to get it from Wright. The larger decks can use a slightly wider tire.
so the price now should be $99? maybe i'll just hold out and see what happens with it until new price lists come out. I found one place online with it for $90, so i know i can a least order one if i have to. I refuse to pay 148 for a tire if you're telling me that it's been repriced to 99 lol
Old 05-07-2012, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawakx125 View Post
so the price now should be $99? maybe i'll just hold out and see what happens with it until new price lists come out. I found one place online with it for $90, so i know i can a least order one if i have to. I refuse to pay 148 for a tire if you're telling me that it's been repriced to 99 lol
I would call your dealer and ask them to check with their distributor. I am guessing they might have the same distributor as us and I really havent seen any news bulletin on these new prices...so honestly I am guessing your dealer has no clue the price has been dropped.

The only reason I know is I was asking about the reliance front tires part number 72460026. I used to sell tons of them for the 95 they were...but they shot up to 175 so I all but stopped stocking them.