Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Sponsor

WJC,

The Stander X and the Sport X are similar and you are correct about the seat and the lower upright so the controls are better suited for the seated position, we also moved the rear motor supports back to better balance the machine because the operator is further back on the mower. Its abilities will be in line with the recently discountinued full size Sentar.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:44 AM
LawnSite Member

The few pictures I have seen of the sport x seems to show a lesser machine then full size sentars I own, Looks to me like the tires are smaller, missing a fuel tank, replaced fuel tank area with a battery box,new deck design, Is the deck adjustment the same as the previous full size sentar? Did the battery box move to give better ground clearance? Still dont think extra ground clearance is as important as the 2nd fuel tank unless you had to make more ground clearance so you could get away with smaller tires versus the full size sentar. I used to have a small sentar sport that I had to sell because the small tires got me stuck all the time. What am I missing here? Surely you wouldnt down grade a machine would ya? Guess I need to get to a dealer and see just what has changed, hope this doesnt mean I will have to look at different brands. The full size sentar was the best mower hands down for the ruff and steep area's in North Carolina.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:49 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The Sport X falls in between the sentar sport and the full size sentar. I never owned a full size sentar, only the sentar sport. The tires on the X are 20x10x8,and the pumps are 12cc vs the 16cc on the sentar. I would say that the overall size of the mower is close to a full size sentar, but as far as comparison in performance I cant say because I never used a sentar. But compared to the sentar sport, the X is way better at everything. I probably would have bought a full size sentar if they didnt have the old deck on them. Plus I'm not sure why they stopped making them, I'm always concerned when a company discontinues a product. I definitely like these mowers with the ability to sit or stand, I dont know why anyone would want a stander over one of these.
Wright Sentar Sport 52/19
Custom built bagging system
Lesco 36/13 WB
Billygoat 18hp truckloader
Bluebird plugger
Lesco split drive plugger
Lesco stainless steel spreader
Stihl BR600
Echo PB-620
assortment of chainsaws,weedeaters,hedge trimmers,sprayers and such
Old 02-12-2012, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes I dont understand standing either, I mean between trimming, blowing, edging, A sit down break is nice.

I think if i was to redesign something it would be the deck, its always collecting grass, maybe a little more comfortable seat, after 2 hours plus of sitting on one job I find myself standing up to ease the numbing! Also I have had some problems with the belt covers coming loose and also the deck height adjuster where behind the right wheel a clamp will get loose and the key will turn some in the key way or fall out causing the deck to be out of level. Most of that is however due to taken a severe beating on one of my larger and better paying jobs thats 45 to 60 degree sloped, 5 acre hillside. Its just a rough area with some ruts and where the sport would break traction due to the lower profile tire not allowing enough side wall flex in the tire to allow me to maintain traction on the step slopes. The larger size tire really smooths alot of the ruts out being a large diameter and sticks with out wanting to slide down hill.

Are you saying that the hydros are smaller on the new sport x then the old full size sentar? If thats the case that could be a problem for me. I get mine in a pretty big strain on the steep slopes now and dont think a smaller hydro will last very long being pushed to the max. I hope the engineers have a plan.

I guess I need to line up a demo on a 61 machine and see if it will do what I'm needing or at least keep up with the old sentar.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The pumps on the Sport X are 12cc and fan cooled, they should be 16cc on your mowers. The sentar sport has 10cc pumps. I know what you mean about the rough terrain here, some of my yards are BRUTAL. I demoed a Stander X(only because my dealer didnt have a Sport X)before I bought my mower so I could try the new deck, and in the process I found out that I wasnt as comfortable and couldnt handle hills as good as I can with the seat back there.
Lesco 36/13 WB
Bluebird plugger
Stihl BR600
Echo PB-620
Old 02-12-2012, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...ar#post4306969

Also if you go back to this thread you can see the difference in size between my 52/24 Sport X and my 52/19 sentar sport.
Lesco 36/13 WB
Bluebird plugger
Stihl BR600
Echo PB-620
Old 08-09-2012, 05:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Wow, I just had a demo of a Sport X. I can not the believe the cut quality. It grooms and stripes great. We had it on some wicked hills and it holds like it has glue on the wheels, I have never been a mower with that kind of traction. I was impressed and ordered a 52. This mower looks a little weird when you first see it but once you put it on the turf you understand what it is all about.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURFSMURF View Post
Wow, I just had a demo of a Sport X. I can not the believe the cut quality. It grooms and stripes great. We had it on some wicked hills and it holds like it has glue on the wheels, I have never been a mower with that kind of traction. I was impressed and ordered a 52. This mower looks a little weird when you first see it but once you put it on the turf you understand what it is all about.
You will love your mower, I think more people would use them if they tried them out. In my area, I have not seen anyone else with one. I think the biggest reason is that you cannot use a traditional bagging system like on mid mount Z's, and around here there are a lot of Fall leaves to deal with.
Lesco 36/13 WB
Bluebird plugger
Stihl BR600
Echo PB-620