Click for Weather

Old 04-15-2012, 05:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

New shirts came in.....
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2012, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Member

good shirts

Mc.Farland : In 22 years first time i have open up the irrigation system to run in April. The mulch is always trucked in but i do have 3 clients with trier type gardens that i need to bring in bags, they pay plenty for this extra work. I have no commercial accounts, i have been tempted but i remind myself that i'm getting older and from the word on the street commercial accounts are very cost driven, so i say no. My client base are people from away, it's their second third, fourth home with one who has five homes, you know wealth is not equally distributed, but i'm thankful for these people. I did make one big purchase this year a new 2012 Ford 350 super duty with the six speed transmission - i like it, it's my second Ford, always been a G.M. man but the prices have ruled the day with my trucks. I like your new shirts. Dig.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Dig - good choice on staying clear from the commercial - I have just a couple now and say no to the rest. I used to bid them hard, but 80 percent of my complaints would come from them - too many chiefs that all want something different. Our businesses are probably very similar. Most of my customers are "summer people" as well who only stay here a few weeks or few months out of the whole year. I am slowly getting to the place where we take on only the very best customers and can 'weed' out the others. I also have a heart for the 'local' people (especially elderly) who also need help and try to keep our prices where they can afford it too.

I also have always been a GM guy but haven't been at all impressed since the government rescue. Leaning a little towards Ford all the time, we'll see. Congrats on the new truck, she sounds like a beauty! =D
Old 05-22-2012, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Member

I am trying to sell a mower.. Can i place an ad in (Maine) here..
Old 05-22-2012, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Am i asking to much or my GrandStand® stand-on mower, 19 HP Kawasaki with 48" TURBO FORCE. with only 9 hours on it.$6000.00
Old 05-22-2012, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

hey mcfarland how much for a shirt? they look great
Old 05-24-2012, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

jsecape - why are you selling? I just bought a new 52" Zmaster G3 with bagger this week and love it!

Dave - Thanks I have some t's in a light "sand" color as well. I think the t-shirts were $12 apiece and the hoodies were $20 or something like that and a small setup fee. 12 t-shirts and 3 hoodies were like $170 - just ordered more a week ago. The guy that does it is out of Bangor and used to work dispatching at a Sheriff's Dept with me years ago....nice guy who does good work.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Member

McFarland_Lawn_Care -Long story...
Old 05-24-2012, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just got my logo done by a designer and I gotta pay the balance before its mine, need a place to get some shirts made
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-18-2012, 07:17 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone care to give an update on how they are doing now that the season is in FULL swing and we got some nice weather? Yay!! I am having a little trouble finding good help and on the verge of firing one but overall not too bad. Lots and lots of work to do, hope to get all the lawns caught up, finish the round of fert/weed apps, and get a few other projects done this week before the end of the month. I'm beginning to think a "manager" might be good to help me out - just getting to be too much for me to handle and my foreman is a great worker but not much for the business end of things. We'll see - gotta start looking for some good talent. =D