Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-26-2014, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Member

One more cleanup and im done with that. Picked up a couple new customers this year. Im about as full as I want to be for a weekend gig I guess. Cutting all day thursdays and fridays. I wont turn down good work though so saturdays it will have to be if I can get them. Projections put me well into the black for my 3rd year PT. Money the good ol goverment lets me keep will stay in savings for emergency break downs. Im feeling good about the year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-26-2014, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We have enough mowing to keep two crews of two busy 40-45 hrs a week plus a third crew 2 days a week roughly. The other 2 days a week I'll be doing apps and landscaping jobs. That's the PLAN anyways hahahha....we'll see.

A tad off topic, but our dealer just got Scags in this spring - they look like good machines. We are almost all Toro right now. Any of you guys got feedback on them? Might need another one this year.....
Old 04-26-2014, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Member

First spring full time and have all the clean up work I can handle with my set up. Working on becoming more efficient Could use more mowing accounts but they keep trickling in. Hope everyone's hitting it hard!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-27-2014, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Picked up a couple new lawns and cleanups, I'm really starting to get a lot of calls for tractor work.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:20 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Now I just found out another dealer even closer to me has become Gravely instead of Ferris. I think I'll go have a look.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Member

hi havent been in awhile. hoping somebody can help here. Came up against a serious lowballer. I mean serious... couldnt believe it. Does anyone know the company Lawn guard?? They just won the CN brown contract of five storefronts in and around lewiston to gardiner to yarmouth. Yarmouth is huge hosting a dunkin donuts as well as a car wash. Contracts summary. Spring cleanup, snowdamage repair, parking lot sweeping, trash pickup, ect. they came in at $800!! the last years winning bid was $2400. The summer maintenance details weekly mow, trim the 2 plus acres of lawn plus trimming, trash pickup ,parking lot blowing along with walkways twice a month. winning bid last year was $800 a mow ( I know it is high but it was the winning bid) you know what their winning bid was?? guess..... bet you cant....$75!!!!! a freaking mow!! ( that includes eveyrthing). We wont even get into the mulch pricing.......... I know Im ranting but here is the kicker Im not last years winning bidder!!! Well that is what Im facing this year even worse that years past....I mean come that is just ridiculous. I know I know he will be out of business with those business practices but it doesnt make it right. and someone who knows what he is doing just lost out. Just like taking food out of your families mouth... People like this need a swift kick up side their head....

So if you know this guy please please do this guy a favor and let him know to smarten up...
Old 05-09-2014, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

D&B says their revenue is around 1.75 million with 20 employees, don't know how accurate the stats are ( I'm too cheap for a membership )

If the stats are correct I don't think they're going anywhere.

Just ran into something similar with a large company out of Portland............
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-09-2014, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Member

You're talking about lawn guard out of couldnt even find a website. But hey I was too pissed even type right ...lol

Went back and checked google.... cant be the same one.....
Old 05-09-2014, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

This was the one I found records on.....

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=1046+...ed=0CCMQ8gEwAA
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-09-2014, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Member

no way that company is reporting 1.75 mil....