Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PremierT&L View Post
get away from the 2 party system? That has been the basis of our democratic system since the beginning. What do you suggest, a dictatorship?
There has always been many more parties. They have always been overshadowed by the two most well funded. I propose a dissolution of any party affiliation. Lobbying would be disallowed as well. In other words independent candidates. Congressional term limits as well. The founding fathers would vomit at what the government they created has become.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-27-2011, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PremierT&L View Post
A few of you guys just make these false statements, and then when they're shown to be false you move on to something else. Patriot, did you not read my reply about how illegals are paying SS?
Not all illegals carry around or use false SS#. Some employers simply pay cash. As for the few that do, they are merely paying an entrance fee to gain a paycheck they could only dream about back home. This is where the employers that allow this become criminals.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-27-2011, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vld View Post
The problem with illegals is not that their presence is not only keeping labor rates low they are keeping americans from getting hired because we won't fit in.

I have known several 50+ old white middle age men willing to work at a $10 an hour job not get hired because the owner/boss has his placed filled up an all hispanic work force.

The white guy won't fit in because they can't speak spanish so they don't get hired.
For every 50 year old gringo willing to work hard there are another 10,000 that would rather stand at an intersection holding a sign claiming they need work when all they want is easy money.

I don't think anyone would claim there are no hard working Americans for hard labor jobs but there are 1000 jobs out there to fill for every hard working American. The other 999 Americans who could use that job don't want it.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

This I will agree on. I frequenly use a local branch of Labor Ready for sod installs or large clean ups. Talking with the manager, there is a huge shortage of general laborers. 15 an hour for unskilled and few takers. The attitude is they want me there early ,sober and then work all day? Forget it! An honest days labor seems above many.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-27-2011, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Not all illegals carry around or use false SS#. Some employers simply pay cash. As for the few that do, they are merely paying an entrance fee to gain a paycheck they could only dream about back home. This is where the employers that allow this become criminals.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sure some pay cash, but most legit businesses of any size pay by check and take out taxes for obvious reasons.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
There has always been many more parties. They have always been overshadowed by the two most well funded. I propose a dissolution of any party affiliation. Lobbying would be disallowed as well. In other words independent candidates. Congressional term limits as well. The founding fathers would vomit at what the government they created has become.
Posted via Mobile Device
That doesn't sound realistic to me, but I admit I don't know enough about politics to really make an informed comment. I do agree that lobbyist have caused us a lot of problems in this country.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:34 PM
Moderator, Online Communities

ok, time to put this one to rest