Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 09:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

"Americans Only come to work to get the Paycheck!"

I have use Hispanics for the past 5 years!
All Legal! I could hand them a check, they could drive my trucks, they do good work.(for the most part)
THey all have their problems but they care about the quality of their work! NOT THE PAYCHECK!
they work slower than the average american though! lol
I could cut like 3 yards in his 2
Old 02-20-2011, 09:26 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttin-to-the-Max View Post
"Americans Only come to work to get the Paycheck!"

I have use Hispanics for the past 5 years!
All Legal! I could hand them a check, they could drive my trucks, they do good work.(for the most part)
THey all have their problems but they care about the quality of their work! NOT THE PAYCHECK!
they work slower than the average american though! lol
I could cut like 3 yards in his 2
Again I can't compare because i just really don't have the mexican "issue". But i would say that the couple of guys i have hired on occassion (in their mid 20s)they did not care. Which scares me about growing any more business. but that is also another debate.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:53 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

this is a good topioc recession proof. i agree that in the end it is only going go hurt everyone in america to continue down this cheap cheap route that we have been gloating int for a number of years now. the gov is only helping compound this issue with its current laws requarding taxes, incentives(not to outsource) etc.

why cant the sleazy politicians just get it already and grow some balls to restart america!
Old 02-20-2011, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

What everyone is missing is the effect the illegals have had on our country's work ethic over the last 30 years or so. I remember as a 8th grader signing up to detassle corn It was like a cross between a military operation and the lord of the flies. We would get up at like 4:30 in the morning and meet at the local school and and get bussed to the middle of nowhere. we would line up in 5 man crews and they would have you yell out your ss# they would write it on a tag and tie it to the first corn stalk in your row. The "boss was a 16 or 17 year old who had been doing this for a couple of seasons and had a Hitler complex. We would spend the day detassilning corn for 4.35 per hour. That's how you git your first car. saving that money for 2-3 seasons plus what ever other work you could drum up working at the Dairy Queen, McDonalds, mowing lawns or whatever. Now these jobs are dominated by illegals.

This not only gave our country a strong work ethic but it taught our young people to save and the value of a dollar. A value system that is sorely missed in today's youth and what has evolved to the majority of todays young adults. That is the real cost of illegals.

“If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however, if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that.”
Old 02-20-2011, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyEarthScapes View Post
What we save on cheap labor we pay in health care and entitlements for "undocumented workers". And while saving that money we have taken revenue that would have stayed local and improved everyones economy locally. Ever wonder why 8 mexicans or more live in a single apt? It's so they can send their money "home". That being said they work harder than most nonmexican laborers I see. You have to admire their work ethic and motivation
Posted via Mobile Device
Re-read this statment it pretty well sums up the situation. All these entitlements we are handing out is why almost every state is broke and searching for money. Its bad enough supporting lazy Americans now non tax paying undocumented families who contribute nothing to the system. I don't know about you but I don't want to support any part of the blight.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have no problem with Hispanics, they are not all mexican. I only have Hispanics working for me and wouldnt have it any other way. They show up on time, do a great job, customers love them, and I pay them a good wage. I hired my first white employee last year and he lasted not even two months. Was very racist to the other guys, so bad customers said they were not comfortable having him on their property. He also tried stealing work from me which is ridiculous. I think I'm going to stick with hiring my own people instead of Americans lol. As long as they have papers I don't care.

Also in my opinion illegals are helping to float social security. Many pay into it and will never see a single cent.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-20-2011, 12:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPPER MAN View Post
I have no problem with Hispanics, they are not all mexican. I only have Hispanics working for me and wouldnt have it any other way. They show up on time, do a great job, customers love them, and I pay them a good wage. I hired my first white employee last year and he lasted not even two months. Was very racist to the other guys, so bad customers said they were not comfortable having him on their property. He also tried stealing work from me which is ridiculous. I think I'm going to stick with hiring my own people instead of Americans lol. As long as they have papers I don't care.

Also in my opinion illegals are helping to float social security. Many pay into it and will never see a single cent.
Posted via Mobile Device
DO you check there papers or do you care if you have a "boy named Sue?" If not you are just adding to the problem.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

They KILL the economy and drive the prices in the ground.They up and leave and everybody wants to pay what Jose was charging which was very little.They make there paycheck and send 1/2 back home.They spend just enough $$ here to get by and the rest goes back home so in 5-10yrs they can move back home and kick back for a few years.To the guys saying there guys are legal I use to say the same thing.I had a few guys work with me for years and they paid taxes and everything but out of the blue one day one came to me and said he could not lie anymore and told me the truth.This guy was a great friend but it took several years to actually find out who he was.I am going to say 75% are here illegal.They have flooded our area and it is starting to become a problem for alot of businesses.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

A local shop hired a Hispanic that was a great worker. When they did a SS check it came back not matching. When they called him in the office He told them to try one one of the other 6 SS cards he had in his pocket.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:04 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasracer View Post
DO you check there papers or do you care if you have a "boy named Sue?" If not you are just adding to the problem.
Yes they must match. I'm not stupid.
Posted via Mobile Device
Closed Thread