Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 02:45 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernRoots_Lawn&Garden View Post
honestly the first post is nothing but pure racism at its finest... if they're legal i have no issue with them. i hate to break it to everyone but when all these big ceo's and everyone else make a lot of money the first thing they do is buy things like foreign cars and clothes. also in our industry for instance what motor is 9 times out of 10 going to be on your wb or ztr? a kawasaki last time i check they they were japanese. you cant avoid sending money to another country because of all of the outsourcing that our country has done.
true we can't completely avoid sending money to other countrys.....but

i think our country could make a better effort to make more things in the country. i realize right now we don't because for some reason if we did those items would be more expensive than they are right now.

i personally see no reason the USA couldn't make a tv for example for the same price we pay now. if we did i'm sure everyone would purchase tv's made in america.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe View Post
Not around here. are you talking about menonites? i am talking about amish. they don't have appliances because they don't have electricity, they don't have insurance because it goes against their trust in God. (i am not saying anything against that. mabey I need more trust. but that is another debate.)Also, I think even in the amish religion there are some communities that allow more than other communities.
no i'm talking about amish.

yes i know they don't have electricity but they still have to have some sort of appliances to wash there clothes in and cook there food. they use wood burning stoves for example. thats still an appliance. and they do pay insurance(at least around here they do).

yes some communities do allow more than others. the amish around me are starting to use cell phones, generators, gas powered mowers. some are even driving vehicles.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

just wait, you guys will have a problem with them once you learn that Spanish has become our national language. Have you noticed how many kids they continuously pop out? soon WE will be the MINORITY!

Gravely
Scag
Ferris
Echo
Stihl
Old 02-20-2011, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Member

As a nation we shouldn't have to compete with third world countries or thier wages. It's impossible,it can't be done. I would venture to bet that most self employed guys on this site are making less now than they where 5 years ago. The American consumer has been brainwashed into believing that they have to pay the lowest price to get the best deal. American manufacturing in this country is probably gone forever and so are the real well paying jobs that go with it. People in this country need to insist that real jobs and manufacturing be brought back home. I don't care about the people in China or anywhere else for that matter. The illegal population in this country is only making matters worse. They've lowered the payscale significantly for most of the trades. They use hopsitals as walk in clinics and make our health insurance cost more. They've bankrupted countless hospitals in Southern CA. They manage to get onto social programs you or I can't get, at our expense. Don't forget now that you're probably already working for less or working much harder to make what you used to. They need to go but too many liberal politicians in this country try to brainwash the public that they perform a valuable service.
Sorry to rant..............
Old 02-20-2011, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitelawnteam1 View Post
just wait, you guys will have a problem with them once you learn that Spanish has become our national language. Have you noticed how many kids they continuously pop out? soon WE will be the MINORITY!
Yeap, what we gain from cheap labor now, we will have to pay for dearly in the future.

On the news, I saw were the illegals want to pay in state tuition instead of out of state. My friend who lives one state over has to pay out of state tuition and he's a US citizen.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Member

My local mower shop is owned and operated by an amish fellow. In my opinion he is the best shop around. He can fix anything and usually do it while I wait. I live in Lancaster PA (amish capitol) so most of my neighbors are amish, and I will tell you that they pay all taxes we pay. When I pay for a repair he collects sales tax. Has to pay WC, SS, Unemployment tax, FICA, employer withholdings, employee withholdings, local, and state taxes. I even worked with a few, and they also paid taxes and insurance. A lot of people have a misconseption about the amish. It is a religion and the church makes decisions on certain things they can and can not do. For instance most churches now allow cell phones for business and almost all barns have land line phones in them due to being a business. The real difference between us english and the amish is that they live a simplier life making most of their own products and food. Also the amish only buy amish made (made in the USA) for themselves unless absolutly necessary. I have never seen an amish person wearing gucci, and never seen an amish wear nikes. We all buy cheap labor products because we all want to be cool. Maybe we should all try and be like the amish. Bet our country would be a lot better for it.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyyy34 View Post
As a nation we shouldn't have to compete with third world countries or thier wages. It's impossible,it can't be done. I would venture to bet that most self employed guys on this site are making less now than they where 5 years ago. The American consumer has been brainwashed into believing that they have to pay the lowest price to get the best deal. American manufacturing in this country is probably gone forever and so are the real well paying jobs that go with it. People in this country need to insist that real jobs and manufacturing be brought back home. I don't care about the people in China or anywhere else for that matter. The illegal population in this country is only making matters worse. They've lowered the payscale significantly for most of the trades. They use hopsitals as walk in clinics and make our health insurance cost more. They've bankrupted countless hospitals in Southern CA. They manage to get onto social programs you or I can't get, at our expense. Don't forget now that you're probably already working for less or working much harder to make what you used to. They need to go but too many liberal politicians in this country try to brainwash the public that they perform a valuable service.
Sorry to rant..............
but i will admit your rant is hitting the nail point blank on the head.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Member

American workers=spend more of there wages locally supporting the locally economy,with taxes and services.
immigrant workers=send their money earned back to there home country,straining our local economies,pay little tax,and services.
1997 bunton goodall 48" walkbehind
2000 craftman 22 pusher 6hp b&g
2011 stihl gs 90r weedeater
2011 kawasaki 27b weedeater
2011 stihl br600
hustler trailor with weedeater rack5x14.6
1950 ford 8n with 5 foot bush hogg
Old 02-21-2011, 12:54 AM
LawnSite Member

There have been many studies done that show that illegals actually have many positive impacts on our economy. There have also been studies that show how big of a negative impact they have on our economy. I think the truth is they have negative and positive impacts and it's hard to measure which is more.

For example, it's well documented that illegals have had a terrible impact on our health care system, largely because many of them do not have health insurance. OTOH, it's well documented that illegals have pumped hundreds of billions into our social security system.

I believe this country is in very bad need of immigration reform. I think it's possible to allow those that want to work here legally to do so, while keeping out those that want to come here for criminal purposes. I don't see this happening soon though as politicians realize that promoting immigration reform is political suicide right now. Many Americans have turned their anger about the recession onto the Hispanic immigrants, whether it's justified or not.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:19 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

sad but i think you are right.

there are many things that are in dire need, and the reds in my opinion get int he way more than they help.

take for example the fact that the reds want to take money away from key programs including the epa and schools in order to lower the debt. that just hurts everyone in the bottom 2/3 of the earners. relaxing laws and eradicating funding to some of these agencies is a very bad idea.

i am not going as far of course to give any entitlements out. i am against most "entitlement" plans.

i would like to see a national approach to the wefare, and other social agencies get much tighter. there needs to be very stringent laws in place to end the abuse which could really save some serious coin.

that in itself can really only go two ways.

1. people get back to work and the economy grows decently
2. crime is going to skyrocket and futher cost the country money.

there is no option to not work other than illness, and the economy would be there to support everyone.

keep jobs in america folks. do your part at least on some level.

Mark my words, i see this country having the same fate as Rome. I hate to say it , but something different needs to happen or it is imminent i believe.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

hiring mexicans is killing our economy plain and simple...i understand why some do it because yes some will work harder than the average white guy...that's where you as a boss need to find the right white guy, trust me they are out there...mexicans have that work ethic because mexico is a blue collar hands on way of life, not a lot of white collar work there, and when they find out they can make twice as much in america they jump the border, and i don't blame them, still doesn't make it right though...then the greedy white man hires them because they will work for minimum wage and the white man (boss) will make more money...that also hurts our unemployment rate which in return hurts our economy once again...i have two main employees, one gets $13 and the other gets $15...both are americans, not because i'm racist, just because i understand what is happening to our economy and i'm not going to be a part of the problem

moral of the story is they are great workers because that is all they have ever known...it is also very admirable that they send half of their paycheck, i mean cash, home...they are not selfish or greedy...half of that money is going to mexico, not america, it's very easy to see how this is hurting our economy

Last edited by jbell36; 02-22-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Closed Thread