Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 02-22-2011, 01:34 PM
RECESSION PROOF MOWING RECESSION PROOF MOWING is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 376
I hear that the "white man" is awful greedy...hear that a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbell36 View Post
hiring mexicans is killing our economy plain and simple...i understand why some do it because yes some will work harder than the average white guy...that's where you as a boss need to find the right white guy, trust me they are out there...mexicans have that work ethic because mexico is a blue collar hands on way of life, not a lot of white collar work there, and when they find out they can make twice as much in america they jump the border, and i don't blame them, still doesn't make it right though...then the greedy white man hires them because they will work for minimum wage and the white man (boss) will make more money...that also hurts our unemployment rate which in return hurts our economy once again...i have two main employees, one gets $13 and the other gets $15...both are americans, not because i'm racist, just because i understand what is happening to our economy and i'm not going to be a part of the problem

moral of the story is they are great workers because that is all they have ever known...it is also very admirable that they send half of their paycheck, i mean cash, home...they are not selfish or greedy...half of that money is going to mexico, not america, it's very easy to see how this is hurting our economy
Interesting your point about the Mexican not knowing what white collar jobs are in his country because of circumstance. True, but is that America's fault? Just as the notion, "Is it my fault that finding good, hard-working American-bred labor is tougher to do these days"? No, it's not my fault. I hear that the white American owner is "greedy" because he wants to make more money. Don't we all? I have yet to meet the business owner that purposely makes less in order for his employees to buy a nicer car for themselves or be able to upgrade their bedroom furniture. Where is that owner you speak of? Just because the Mexican will send half his wage back home...that makes him virtuous and the "white owner" who puts in a third bath in his home greedy?

I understand your premise, and it's a good one, one that many people will find favor and sympathy with. I'm different from most, though. Lower end labor from my vantage point, and I've seen many hundreds come through my door on that level of work...most have made plenty of life mistakes along the way to put them exactly where they're at. I meet a lot of stupid, mistake-prone poor people, including Mexicans. And believe it or not, I see plenty of worthless Mexican labor out there, no better than American guys we tend to rail on every season.

We all like to think of the "working poor" as somewhat angels on earth just taking it for the team. They work so hard and realize so little. Play the violins. Overpaying American labor in order to justify reminds me of the auto workers getting $29/hr to put backseats in the back of Trans Ams years back. Overpaying because it's the "right thing to do". Is paying down the new "right thing to do" in order to keep a guy in business?
  #32  
Old 02-22-2011, 01:48 PM
PremierT&L PremierT&L is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Newnan, GA
Posts: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbell36 View Post
...then the greedy white man hires them because they will work for minimum wage and the white man (boss) will make more money...that also hurts our unemployment rate which in return hurts our economy once again...i have two main employees, one gets $13 and the other gets $15...both are americans, not because i'm racist, just because i understand what is happening to our economy and i'm not going to be a part of the problem
I have found this to largely be a myth. I pay my Hispanic workers 12 to 15 an hour, and every landscape company I have talked to in this area pays their Hispanic workers the same they would if they were American.

I don't hire Hispanics because they're cheap. I hire them because they are hard working, reliable, and loyal. I have tried hiring college kids many times, but it always ends the same, it's a temporay job for them and they usually decide to go at the worst possible time.
  #33  
Old 02-22-2011, 04:21 PM
RECESSION PROOF MOWING RECESSION PROOF MOWING is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 376
You could be a kansas jayhawk for in-state tuition + illegal alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyduty1 View Post
Yeap, what we gain from cheap labor now, we will have to pay for dearly in the future.

On the news, I saw were the illegals want to pay in state tuition instead of out of state. My friend who lives one state over has to pay out of state tuition and he's a US citizen.
Did you ever think in your life you'd see that? You live in Missouri legally and want to go to KU, double the cost. Live with six other Mexican illegals in a shotgun shack in Jackson County proper (MO), come on in and we'll even help you pay for textbooks.
  #34  
Old 02-22-2011, 09:41 PM
IRRITECH's Avatar
IRRITECH IRRITECH is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: ATLANTA, GA
Posts: 931
Read post #2. Wisconsin is now broke because they were not going to pay "cheap labor". Sorry, mowing grass is not worth any more than $8-$10/ hour. That's what I pay and I guarantee that my mexicans work a hell of alot harder than your labor
__________________
The reigning Mayor of Stupidville
  #35  
Old 02-22-2011, 10:11 PM
RECESSION PROOF MOWING RECESSION PROOF MOWING is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 376
I re-read your post. Simplistic answer to complicated question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRRITECH View Post
Read post #2. Wisconsin is now broke because they were not going to pay "cheap labor". Sorry, mowing grass is not worth any more than $8-$10/ hour. That's what I pay and I guarantee that my mexicans work a hell of alot harder than your labor
There's no way you or anybody else can judge "working harder" over a computer. Everybody thinks their crew works a helluvah lot harder than the next. If your crew can mow, trim, blow, p/u trash 65 acres per day for an entire summer without breaking...I'd pay good green money to see it! Just like I don't believe in the Tooth Fairy or the Easter Bunny, but if I see eggs in my front yard and a quarter under my pillow...I BELIEVE YOU, BROTHER! I'm here to tell ya that your $8/hr Mexicans are just like everybody else's $8/hr Mexicans...sorry to break the news to ya. I don't use Mexican labor, but understand both sides of the arguement. Nothing personal, but people are people everywhere. Nothing special about your part of the world. Wisconsin's Mexicans came from the same Juarez hellhole that our Kansas City Mexicans came from.

Wisconsin is broke because liberals, including teacher's unions, pay people not to work. Pensions are breaking the bank. Funded health care costs are breaking the bank. Many in Wisconsin want to suckle on the teet of the taxpayer until her nipples are swollen and sore. No 'mo milk! But generations of folks grew up on 'em and now expect 'em. If mowing grass is only worth the price of a couple happy meals to ya, have at it. Mow that grass, man! More power to ya! I believe, though, you'd get a whole lotta guys on this board disagreeing with ya, you just insulted their profession saying that thier efforts aren't worth more than a pimple-faced teen working the move house popcorn machine.

Mowing grass is like anything else in life: you get what's com'in to ya. Eventually, $8/hr labor bites you in the ass. Mark it down...but ride it for all it's worth while you can.

Last edited by RECESSION PROOF MOWING; 02-22-2011 at 10:20 PM.
  #36  
Old 02-22-2011, 11:26 PM
SNAPPER MAN's Avatar
SNAPPER MAN SNAPPER MAN is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Spring, Texas
Posts: 2,441
Recession Proof Mowing, who the hell do you think you are to always be talking down to everyone else. I have One thing to say to you. Chinga tu madre y ojalá que no ganas nada de trabaja y que todo que tienes ahora no te pagan. So in lieu of better words, screw you.
Posted via Mobile Device
  #37  
Old 02-23-2011, 12:56 AM
RECESSION PROOF MOWING RECESSION PROOF MOWING is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 376
That's no way for a christian man to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPPER MAN View Post
Recession Proof Mowing, who the hell do you think you are to always be talking down to everyone else. I have One thing to say to you. Chinga tu madre y ojalá que no ganas nada de trabaja y que todo que tienes ahora no te pagan. So in lieu of better words, screw you.
Posted via Mobile Device
Those are some naughty words you're typing there, Amigo....I think...Chinga tu madre has to do with my mother I think...the rest of it is a blur. I agree with you that she's not the best mom a guy could be stuck with, but hey, they didn't give me a choice at the hospital.
  #38  
Old 02-23-2011, 02:44 AM
DaytonBioLawns DaytonBioLawns is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Centerville Ohio
Posts: 101
It hurts it!

This poster will be up in my business.... Here in Dayton, Ohio the illegals are a problem not a solution! They may work hard but at what cost?! Illegals murder 10X as many people than the # of soldiers we have lost in the war on terror....EVERY YEAR. They bring drugs, gangs, and diseases into the U.S..... They are the #1 form of terrorism....but for some reason since America has never been officially invaded we see it as domestic terrorism like our own street gangs...but the fact is that they are not domestic! They are foreign!

If they commit a violent crime...hang 'em. That is my opinion. The punishment in other countries for illegal entry is decades in real prison, torture, and even death. Let's not give them a slap on the wrist or pay for them to have 3 meals, heat, and A/C in our prisons.

Now I know the poster says "mexican" and most illegals who claim they are mexican are actually from countries other than mexico. So if it offends you because you are of mexican-american background I'm sorry. If you are mexican I don't give a crap. Go home and take your clown car full of scum with you.

Sorry rant over... I'm really touchy about illegals.
Name:  129844570325441.gif
Views: 107
Size:  66.6 KB
  #39  
Old 02-23-2011, 07:52 AM
IRRITECH's Avatar
IRRITECH IRRITECH is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: ATLANTA, GA
Posts: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by RECESSION PROOF MOWING View Post
If mowing grass is only worth the price of a couple happy meals to ya, have at it. Mow that grass, man! More power to ya! I believe, though, you'd get a whole lotta guys on this board disagreeing with ya, you just insulted their profession saying that thier efforts aren't worth more than a pimple-faced teen working the move house popcorn machine.

Mowing grass is like anything else in life: you get what's com'in to ya. Eventually, $8/hr labor bites you in the ass. Mark it down...but ride it for all it's worth while you can.
Sigh..........I don't know if you've ever been out of your small town, but you're definitely missing the big picture. $15/hour is roughly $30,000/year, unless you work for the government, running a weedeater is not worth that. I have worked all over the southeast in the last 20 yrs, and labor is a minimum wage job, just like the kid selling popcorn.

Unfortunately the "American" labor pool has been overpaid for a long time. A labor job with a landscape company is not meant to support a lifestyle that includes cell phones, flat screen t.v., new cars, etc. But, if you split the bills between several people, you can live fairly well. The Mexicans get this and do what Americans should be doing, live within your means. Or if you don't like that, get a freakin education or some MARKETABLE skills and go get a new job.
__________________
The reigning Mayor of Stupidville
  #40  
Old 02-23-2011, 11:08 AM
SNAPPER MAN's Avatar
SNAPPER MAN SNAPPER MAN is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Spring, Texas
Posts: 2,441
Irritech, I agree 1000%. if Americans didnt have the mentality that they are too good for manual labor or working for anything less than $40k a year we wouldn't have a illegal immigration and unemployment problem.
Posted via Mobile Device
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:34 AM.

Page generated in 0.12747 seconds with 8 queries